Haruki_NLI

Wont be able to play. A plane went over and we lost power

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

rallydefault

@Operative2-0
I think this is kind of heathenish to say to Splatoon players, but I really wish they'd get rid of the stage rotation thing and just put all of the stages into rotation at all times. If you want to sit down and binge, it gets tiring playing the same 2 maps for an hour straight with matches that are so short. I really can't think of any other shooter (1st or 3rd-person) that limits rotation like Splatoon does. I mean, I can't imagine what Overwatch would be like if the only maps I could play for a solid hour would be back and forth between London and Anubis, per say. Dang that would get boring.

That being said, Splatoon 2 is a freakin' awesome game and I'm loving it. It's great that there is so much to choose from at any given time: competitive multiplayer, Salmon Run (if up...that's another discussion lol), single player, community interaction, equipment management, etc. It almost feels like a couple different games wrapped into one. And this is coming from someone who wasn't a super fan of the first Splatoon.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Dogorilla

I've noticed several players in this game (and at least one in Mario Kart) with 'G&K' at the start of their name. Does anyone know what that means?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

TuVictus

@rallydefault you've echoed my sentiments exactly, both the good and bad. I'm way more into the game than I was the first game, and it's truly special the thing they crafted. It's just frustrating (to me personally) that it seems like it's held back by strange design decisions. I'm hoping doubles in ranked is as fun as I'm imagining it, though, that's my next goal

TuVictus

Maxz

@Dogorilla I was asking the same question a few pages back. To answer, Guillaume & Kim are a pair of French Youtubers with a very devoted fanbase. It seems pretty common for fans of the channel to tag themselves with G&K to signal their appreciation. But yeah, it seems huge.

Because of the Ping-based matchmaking (I don't know exactly how this words is, but it means you're more likely to get teamed with geographically closer players) those of us in Europe will come across them much more frequently. They seem to largely die out in the higher ranks though.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Late

I think I just encountered a bug. Our team was missing one player and I had the message pop up saying that the rank meter will stay the same and yet I got a crack in the meter.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Nicolai

@Late I get that almost every time. I'm not sure why, or what the rules were. Does it only not change your rank when your meter finally breaks? Seems silly, if that's the case.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Zyrac

When I get that message my meter is always untouched like it says. Dunno what issue you guys could be having.

Zyrac

Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

This morning, I encountered something ... weird. I just booted up the game, listened to the news and went to move to the Lobby (hate quick travel since it detracts from the experience imo). So I moved at the normal speed but a few meters away from that glass floor, my Inkling looked like she was skipping at a much slower space despite me moving the control stick as I always do and previous did. There wasn't anything stuck beneath the stick that could affect it or anything. So I played a match, same issue: Walk a few meters, skip a bit, then a few meters at normal speed, rinse and repeat. So I took out my old, normal Pro Controller, no issue there. Tried out my Splatoon Pro Controller, no issue. Maybe I was just imagining things or I encountered some kind of bug.

Also, I had a shockingly high number of always exactly one person, either on my or the opposing team, just disconnecting. That's not normal for me. Everything ran smoothly on my part and none of the players appeared to have issues playing. It's really frustrating since it doesn't make fun either way, it's not a fair competition. Altogether a rather annoying day with Splatoon.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

bluedogrulez

Played a ton this weekend. Least favorite type of match: a close loss because some noob superjumps to me with less than a minute left and gets us both killed. Most rewarding type of match: beating an over-aggressive than camps their team in your territory . . . but we slip behind them.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Dogorilla

@Maxz Thanks for answering, I'd never heard of them

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Namco

@bluedogrulez Superjump? More like super dumb...

A lot of Splatoon players are just too impatient. A player should never jump in front of the other team or at the border of their territory.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Late

@Nicolai I haven't had cracks before when I've seen that message and at times I should've if we had all players.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Spoony_Tech

These weapons for Salmon suck today. Certain waves render 2 of them worthless.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Namco

@Spoony_Tech Couldn't agree more. I did 7 Salmon Runs today and my team lost every single one of them. Mainly because these weapons can't seem to handle anything and also some disconnections. I'll just quit for today... I don't want to be de-ranked any further

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

TuVictus

Oh geez, I'm at work and your comments worry me. Nothing is more frustrating than being overrun because your weapon is either extremely ink inefficient or needs to charge up.

Wouldn't want to lose my Profreshional ranking, I"m already in a losing streak on Turf War

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

It looks like the weapons are:

• N-ZAP '85
  • Flingza Roller
  • Octobrush
  • E-Liter 4K

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano The N-Zap is the only really good one. E-Liter takes too long to charge and the roller is slow. That brush is also so weak.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

-Green-

They seem pretty good to me, although I'm pretty pretty hesistant with chargers. Although that may just be me being a bit inexperienced with them.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

shani

So apparently you can really get a piece of 'perfect' gear (that's what they called it on Squidboards when the main and sub abilities are the same) without too much effort:

The only problem is, I already got that gear with a different main ability and spent two sea snails on it for additional slots. I just didn't see this coming. I mean, who could've known?

Never thought this would be possible with Splatnet gear. But based on my experience so far it's quite likely to get a perfect piece of gear that way.
Seems like getting the brand-ability is way more probable than in Splatoon 1, while getting the same sub ability as the main ability (on an unrelated brand) also has a higher probability than before.
I already got some very interesting pieces of gear without rerolling, so getting the right equipment should be a lot easier and less time-consuming than in the original game.

Operative2-0 wrote:

Still though, I'm getting kind of tired of these stages. The map rotation is really becoming more and more apparent as I get bored of certain stages

Well then I would encourage you to play more ranked, because the stages are altered in ranked modes.

rallydefault wrote:

I really wish they'd get rid of the stage rotation thing and just put all of the stages into rotation at all times.

If you take a second and think it through, you'll realize that it's a terrible idea. If there are only a few maps in the rotation, you can choose your weapons and gear according to the stages and the mode.
But if all the stages were in the rotation, you could never properly prepare/adjust, you would be ill-equipped in most matches.
Besides, two hour rotations are really not that long (Splatoon 1 had four hour rotations). In most rotations I barely get to play more than a few matches with all the breaks in between. How can you get tired of them so quickly? 😆I don't know how many hours you've played, but take the time to memorize every inch and every corner of all maps and find the shortest routes. I've played 70h+ (which is not much) and haven't even played all maps in all modes yet.

The analogy to Overwatch also makes little sense since every OV character has their own fixed weapon and can't use weapons of other characters.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic