Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 5,014

-Green-

^Definitely that. It would be amazing and super helpful to be able to record our matches. Everytime I have an great match, I wish I could've recorded it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

OorWullie

@Maxz Yep,that would be great.Quadruple kills don't happen that much,especially with just a gun.Then to make it all the way from my base to theirs in overtime with seemingly no teammate backing me up,it was Hollywood stuff.It deserved to be seen by more than just me.

Congrats on reaching S by the way.I never made it myself in the original,I got real close once,one or two more victory's would have saw me over the line but I bottled it big time,ended up back in the low A's.Never really went back to it after that.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

meleebrawler

Nintendoer wrote:

I tried the Splat Brella out for a few matches, and it's an okay weapon, but on the weak side. It doesn't help that I'm absolutely awful with it and everyone is using it, which may not sound bad, but Brella vs. Brella firefights are infuriatingly slow and often end in both Inklings being splatted or neither being splatted. I also find the delay before the Brella opens way too long to be conceivably used as a shield against enemy fire, and it turns out the Brella does break if you shoot at it, which kind of undermines the reason it shoots off after a while. I also think it should have had something like a Splat Bomb or Burst Bomb, not a Sprinkler. Heck, even a Point Sensor would've been more useful. Overall, while I think people will get really good at it and use it, it's not for me as it is.

You're not going to say that for every weapon that doesn't have one of those subs, are you?

The Brella is a defensive weapon. Of course it isn't that great at splatting. Just look at the Riot Shield or equivalents from Call Of Duty. Terrible weapons for killing (making you slow and requiring two melee hits to kill, whereas the default knife does so in one). With that in mind the more support-inclined loadout makes sense. Cover more combat-ready teammates with your shield and use the sprinkler to passively ink while doing so. Also, the shield breaks to prevent players from just getting around it launching by opening and closing it rapidly.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

ThomGee

@meleebrawler I wrote a whole post replying to this, only for my computer to freeze. Here's the gist of my really long and rambling post.

I think the Brella would be better with a Splat Bomb or Burst Bomb because they can help soften up enemies to be killed in one trigger-pull with their splash damage. They also give it extra range and scare off enemies who would rush a Brella user, which is a pretty valid tactic against them. The Sprinkler is a fine sub for it, it inks a lot and can be used as bait, (I then proceeded to ramble about how fun it is to use a Sprinkler as bait) but I think that another sub would help the Brella more, and no, I don't think every weapon needs those subs, just the Brella. Also, while it is a defensive weapon, it isn't that good at defense in my opinion.

It's probably just me being salty that I'm bad at it though.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

-Green-

The main thing I dislike about the Brella is it's huge RNG with it's shots. At max it'll do 90 with close up direct shots and it'll usually do 70 from accurate shots that hit within it's optimal range. The problem for me is that shots that do not hit dead on and before the quick drop off have a pretty big variance. I've had it do 30 frequently iirc, from somewhat decent shots.

Anyways, this Brella kit is more for turf coverage, and it's likely that the next one will be more for offensive battle.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Maxz

I'd like to join the 'Bad with the Brella' club. Although I have found following the shield when it launches away to be kinda useful.

I'll be interested to see how things develop when people get the hang of how to use it.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Late

Had some great matches again today. Today's highlight was a Tower Control match at Inkblot Art Academy where the enemy had almost reached our base while our team hadn't gotten past the second checkpoint. 10 seconds left on the clock and we get past the checkpoint. All my team mates died and I'm on top of the tower. One opposing player was still alive and filled the whole tower with ink except the spot where I was hiding. He jumped on the tower next to me while the clock hit overtime. We had a fierce battle on top of the tower but I remained victorious and was able to get the tower to the goal before anyone else attacked me. I would've died from the next shot. I like playing support role but it sure does feel good when you're the one who decides a match.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

shani

Tried out the Splatbrella at the shooting range yesterday and it's basically just a blaster with a detachable shield (with only 30 damage when it hits). Its fire rate is not bad but since I'm not a fan of blasters, I was quite disappointed. I expected it to be a shooter.

Maxz wrote:

Does anyone know what the point is in running Run Speed Up? Surely're you're either shooting of swimming

That's exactly when you need Run Speed Up. Your movement while shooting and strafing is accelerated, which is essential for heavier weapons like the Splattershot Pro and the Gals. But I also used it with the Jet Squelcher in Splatoon 1.
Generally, every weapon benefits from that ability, even the lighter weapons like the N-Zap or the Nozzlenose. With those you become so fast that opponents can barely hit you anymore.

Run Speed Up is also great for carrying the Rainmaker. In Splatoon 1, I never entered a match of Rainmaker without Run Speed Up and Swim Speed Up.

IMHO Ink Saver Main and Run Speed Up are mandatory abilities for the SS Pro. Without those two, the SS Pro is pretty much useless for me.
Later on I even used the equivalent of two main slots with the SS Pro (which makes it almost as agile as a normal weapon), as you can see here:
Untitled

More examples: #1 #2 #3

Maxz wrote:

@Nintendoer Posting to FB or Twitter automatically sends it into Splatverse too.

That's what I find so annoying with the absence of Miiverse. I often wanted to post something to Inkopolis Square but then I remembered that I have to post it publicly on Twitter (or FB) and cancelled my post.
Why are we forced to post stuff that is only meant for Inkopolis Square to Twitter/FB too? Totally unnecessary.

Spanjard wrote:

@Pepa27 I think you could just look the other direction and press y to center. Not sure if it's really that practical.

It's highly practical if you practise it. Someone here introduced me to it in the original game. If you master that move, you can turn around instantly!
Still, most of the time I forget that I can do it and by the time I realize it, I get splatted. ^^

Maxz wrote:

@OorWullie I wish there was an MKTV equivalent where you could dynamically record your matches. It'd be great to be able to share your epic matches with the world.

Yeah that would be amazing. One of the few things I wanted for the sequel that weren't implemented. Just this week I had a RM and TC match each where I splatted the entire enemy team and then pushed the objective forward till the end. Wish I had recorded that...

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Maxz

@Late Feeling like you've personally orchestrated your team's victory is a fine feeling indeed, especially when you manage to turn the tables in an epic (and often somewhat lucky) overtime performance.

Sometimes my feelings of swagnificent elation are tempered by a smidgen of guilt though, as I remember what it's like to be in the receiving end of an improbable comeback; having the game locked down for the entire match, and then watching it slip through my fingers in the final seconds.

It doesn't seem to happen quite as much as in the first game though, which makes the frustrations of losing in that way less frequent, and the taste of victory all the sweeter when you do pull it off.

But yeah, sweet it is.

@Shani Thanks for clarifying that it works while shooting (I think @Nicolai said the same thing too). I thought I'd read that it had no affect while firing, but I think what I'd actually read was that it had no effect while rolling, so I'll give it a go. The SSPro is certainly hefty thing to lug around once shooting, so it might be really useful. I liked the on-foot agility of the standard Splattershot.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

AxL

Hi guys, I'm new here (on the forums) but not on the NL site Recently purchased Switch and Splatoon 2. Since I don't know many Switch users seemed like good idea to registerr, say hello and start interacting with the community. If you want you can add me so we could play Salmon run and other online modes , cheers!

AxL

Switch Friend Code: SW-3130-4712-2154 | My Nintendo: AxL | Nintendo Network ID: FamulusCaelum

ThomGee

@AxL Welcome! These forums are a really nice place. Most of the time they're pretty civil too. Hope you have fun!

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

LzWinky

Had a Splat Zone match where we made a huge comeback after the opponent team reached 3 points left.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AxL

@Nintendoer tnx, I'll add you on my fl just because you were the first one to greet me is forum tapatalk friendly?

AxL

Switch Friend Code: SW-3130-4712-2154 | My Nintendo: AxL | Nintendo Network ID: FamulusCaelum

shani

@AxL Welcome to the NL forums, hope you like it here! You'll definitely find some squids to play with/against here and in the multiplayer thread.
@Maxz Ah now that you mention it, I think I overlooked his post while skimming through the last pages (haven't been here the whole week). ^^

Yeah IIRC (and if they haven't changed too much) you can increase the SSP's agility near the regular SS's levels. With about two main or six subslots. But of course, it takes away a lot of space needed for other abilities, so you'll probably need a matching set of gear for that.
The SSP is probably the most high-maintenance weapon in the whole game, but I guess it would be too OP otherwise with its range and damage.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Nicolai

I've had some mild success with the Brella. It's maybe not as successful as some of my other weapons, but I'd hate to judge it too early. Especially due to my track record of judging weapons and eating my words later.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Blue_Blur

I haven't used the Brella much myself, but it's better than I thought it would be. Don't think I'll use it much still, but I do like the sub and special weapons it comes with.

Doing some Tower matches earlier today, and seeing a lot of Inklings using the Brella made me think: imagine a team using only the Brella, all on the tower, shielding on all sides... that would be so annoying! lol XD

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Pho

Does the Hero Brella have a different sub than the Sprinkler? I'm not very far in Singleplayer yet.
Also got S+0 in Tower Control!

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

KirbyTheVampire

Not a fan of the Brella at all, but it could be decent for Rainmaker when it comes to creating a path of ink to swim through. Not sure if it shoots out fast enough to be viable for that, though.

KirbyTheVampire

Zyrac

@xPH03N1Xx86 Hero weapons, when used in multiplayer, are the exact same as the normal versions. They're just for swag.

People using the Brella on the tower put a slight damper on my Splatling use in Tower Control today. Has its uses, I think, though I've not really tried it myself yet.

Zyrac

Twitter:

shani

Blue_Blur wrote:

Doing some Tower matches earlier today, and seeing a lot of Inklings using the Brella made me think: imagine a team using only the Brella, all on the tower, shielding on all sides... that would be so annoying! lol XD

lol let's find 8 squids and try that out in a private battle^^
I'm curious how long the Brella team could defend the tower that way.

Edited on by shani

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic