Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 201 to 220 of 5,014

Eric258

Well now that the testfires are over, I can definitely say that I will be buying Splatoon 2 at launch!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Honelith

Back to the awesome Splatoon 1 until Splatoon 2 launches! Really enjoyed Splatoon 2, can't believe I kept putting off Splatoon on the Wii U after all this time, it's a really good game, even the campaign mode.

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

Grumblevolcano

Right now it seems the games I'll definitely get at launch will be MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey. Unsure about ARMS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

So, I just played the entire 1 hr of the Testfire Demo at work using my phone as a mobile hotspot. I'd never used it as a hotspot before. But it turns out you just go into settings, tap "On" and it instantly becomes a wireless router. I initially configured the wifi network it created to say Jaxon's Wifi and set a password so nobody else can use it. But that took mere seconds.

The entire hour was buttery smooth, lag free and only used 0.11gb of data for the entire hour. It's crazy, but I'm just now realizing I can play games anywhere with Switch, and with my phone as a hotspot I can play games online anywhere with an even smoother connection than my own home wifi.

Also I really, really, really must recommend split Joycons for Splatoon 2. Aiming with the right Joycon while keeping the left level just feels natural, and you don't have to tilt the entire controller around like you would with Pro Controller, grip or handheld mode. I played in tabletop mode at my work, with split Joycons and my goodness...

Here I am, at my job an hour from home, not only playing full console games leaning back in a chair with actual controllers in my hand, but I'm even playing online games like Splatoon 2. I'm just blown away that an experience like that can be enjoyed anywhere now.

This is so amazing

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

I play every game with split joycon. People think im weird.

I was unsure of how it would frel before the Testfire weekend started, as my experiences of Splatoon 2 prior werent with split joycon but its my preferred way to play.

I have no issues with it. Testfire was buttery in the latter sessions and terrible in early sessions. My only gripe, which is purely on me, is the muscle memory of X to jump from Splatoon. But within an hour I'll have it down.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@Masurao
I wouldn't be concerned.

The percentage of players who are playing on the go at any given time will probably be a minority, and of those, how often are you on a train going through a tunnel and the wifi actually cut out...

I imagine most will either be at home, be at a specific location like work, friends house, etc, or in a car or bus not going through tunnels. And of the few that do, the wifi will probably keep its signal anyways in most cases

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Masurao
I think we can look at 3DS as a precedent, and I never saw issues with online games on 3DS.

And I've played pretty much every online game there is on 3DS.

Eric258

@JaxonH Hey, I know this is random but what's the name for your Nintendo switch ID . Is it JaxonH or just Jaxon cause I played with a player named Jaxon. Sorry for being random, cause I kinda first freaked out thinking yay another Nintendo-lifer! It just kept bugging me! XD

JaxonH

@Eric258
Ya that was me!

I always used JaxonH for Wii U and 3DS, and my Account name is still under JaxonH for Switch, but for some reason it displayed my name as Jaxon instead. I think there's a nickname function now to display whatever name you want...

edit
What name were you under?

Edited on by JaxonH

Eric258

@JaxonH Awesome! You have the honour of being the first user on the site that I've ever played with!!! XD

Btw: is it okay to send a friend request?

Name was Eric258

Edited on by Eric258

BraveSonic

Well the testfire went great for me. No connection errors - a step up from the Splatoon 1 TF. Fought some very skilled people but I'm sooooo rusty at this game. Used the Splat Dualies and Splat Roller mostly. The specials are really neat, especially the inkjet! Overall, I'm excited for the game, but I hope they make the maps more unique. Wasn't a huge fan of the testfire maps.

I like Smash Wii U over Melee. FIGHT ME.
I'm addicted to amiibo. Full collection of the Smash series....help me....please...
Also, I like to go fast, really fast.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5714-9219-9497
Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

3DS Friend Code: 0103-9570-7604 | Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

JaxonH

@Eric258
Sure, go ahead and send one out. I've got a few friends from N-Life that are in a LINE chat with me- SirJBizzle, DocOverbuild, BensonUI, Sinalefa, DarkUnderdog, TeeJay... and a few that aren't members or regular posters on this site, but that's pretty much it.

Eric258

@JaxonH Okay, Thank You!

IvanTheMonkey

It was a great testfire! Had loads of fun.

IvanTheMonkey

JohnBlackstar

I had own Splatoon on Wii U, but had never even opened the plastic wrap yet so Spla2n was my first Splatoon experience. The first round was jarring because I was having to learn the motion controls along with the controls in general and the quick tutorial screen was so quick. I wish they would have allowed users to do the tutorial offline before the event. I picked it up fast and started showing up in 1,2, and 3 place mostly on my team (so at least I wasn't last always!) There were some sesoned pros on some matches though; scoring well over 2,000 just by themselves.

The event went well. No disconnects or issues while playing. I wish there had been features that would allow me to contact users I played with. I added some new friends, but all I can do is see the games they played and they show up in my friend list. Am I missing something? Is there anyway for me to connect with them in Miitomo or somewhere else and become friends where we can send messages or screenshots?

JohnBlackstar

BigBadJohn

I've played two of the testfires hours and the only games I lost where when one of the other players dropped out (happened about four times). I'm not bragging as I never finished top of my group, always second or third. Guess I'm more of a support inkling.

Anyway on the dropping connection when going through tunnels most trains and busses have free wifi. I used it this morning with bomberman and I was surprised have good the signal was.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Honelith

My Switch was getting 0-1 wifi signal bars and I played Splatoon 2 for over half an hour with no lag, pretty nice.

I wish there was a minimap in the corner (with opacity settings) so we can glance at what's going on.

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic