Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 181 to 200 of 5,014

Jhena

@Late Yeah i got it that they couldnt change it in the testfire. Got just like you the feeling that they wouldnt change it in the future.
I dont necessarily need to choose the level. Id be cool with random rotation. In Splatoon i didnt see levels for days or weeks because i havent played that much.

Well thanks good to know that theres at least hope left. Of course it wouldnt be a dealbreaker.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Grumblevolcano

@Late Yeah, way too early to say. The full game could be as close as 3 months or as far as 6 months away so who knows as this point.

I do think there'll be a second round of testfires around E3 if the game is launching in late summer.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

Even last Testfire went simply perfect. Unfortunately tomorrow i can't play but for a good reason: mountain hike!! Now i "just" have to wait for final game!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

IceClimbers

@Whitewatermoose Feels the same to me. And yes, it is 60 fps. You can always adjust the sensitivity.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FGPackers

@Whitewatermoose feels the same to me too. It even seems better on a graphical level, especially the ink effects

FGPackers

Eric258

This game is so fun! I honestly didn't expect to love it as much as I do. I also really like the two maps, although I think I prefer the reef since it's more spacious and it's easier to manoeuvre around. I also prefer it since it's easier to get out and around the map when pushed back to spawn compared to the gym map, where it's harder to get out of spawn. One thing that has surprised me is that there are very few people that are actually inking turf around the spawn. There is a lot of turf which people seem to completely ignore. I'm usually the only one whom does it although I don't mind since it helps me to easily get my special.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

JaxonH

I passed out last night and missed the testfire. Was working today too. But I'll be on tonight... game looks excellent. Splatoon was already one of last gen's finest... seems they've taken a great game and made it even better. Can't wait

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

skywake

The only issue I ever had with Splatoon was that if I played in the afternoon Japan came online. Which meant that I would get slaughtered. I played round 2 and 3 of the testfire. In round 2 I won pretty much every match and didn't really come across any opponents from Japan. In round 3 I did and lost pretty much every match. Japan is obsessed with this game and they're super good at it.

I guess I just need to get better at it... or play earlier in the day...

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Budda

@skywake
Talking about japanese players. Now we are able to use japanese characters. Hard to differentiate real ones from others now. Had one of these "fake" ones in the testfire already. :']

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

LzWinky

with enough practice, even Japan trembles at my feet

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

FGPackers

@skywake trust me it's a practice thing. No one is unbeatable, even this fierce japanese

FGPackers

IceClimbers

Have definitely come across some people that are clearly new to Splatoon.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Eric258

@IceClimbers Yeah you can definitely see the people who are new, for example me! XD

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh I've gotten rusty, going back to OG so I can knock some of the zelda control scheme from my hands.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eric258

@Ryu_Niiyama It's so frustrating that in Zelda X is jump but in Splatoon it's B. So many deaths caused by me staring at a map.... lol XD

Jhena

My second testfire went better gameplaywise but had many connection errors. The graphics have definitely improved. And i think i slowly prefer the joy cons over the gamepad. After this time i feel kinda hyped about the game. When it ended the connection was cut just when i splatted. No game without me.

Still ill come back and get my revenge.^^

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Maxz

I managed to rewire my brain back into believing that B could be the jump button after hundreds of hours of Zelda in today's test fire. Progress.

What I haven't quite rewired is the tendency to stare down at the Gamepad while on the spawn point in order to choose who to Super Jump to. I keep getting this jarring feeling when I stare instead at the Switch Pro Controller, and... it's just a controller. With buttons. And no screen. I feel like it's tricked me.

Splatoon 1 was a one of the Wii U games where I felt the Gamepad was a genuine boon, so it'll take a while to get used to its absence. Still, the current alternative seems pretty slick considering, and really, pressing X shouldn't be any harder than gazing down at your lap - it's not like you ever really looked at both screens simultaneously anyway. But I still had a little Gamepad nostalgia regardless, bless its big chunky plastic socks.

Had a little more success with the sniper today. I was a SplatPro user in the old game, so I've always liked a bit of range, but never went full-snipe, as it just seemed too static and removed. I think they've tried to make it a slightly more dynamic weapon by adding the ability to retain your charge after swimming, and I was able to feel a bit more useful to the team with it today.

I'm also liking the haircuts. It might be enough to actually make me play as a boy. I always found it weird when males would choose the female protagonist in Pokémon games, but then Splatoon came out, and I thought the boy looked a bit wishy-washy try-hard, while squid girl was the most badass, spunktastic cephalopod to have set a tentacle on earth.

The boys are definitely a bit more interesting in this game though.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Nicolai

I tried TV mode this time with the grip, and I kept getting creamed! It's mostly because I can't get the lag off my TV, but also the grip is so much lighter than either the Gamepad or Switch, it made my hand movements way too sensitive. It's an easy fix when the game releases: just change the motion sensitivity meter. Though it'll be pretty annoying to have to change the sensitivity meter every time I play on the TV. If I get this game, I'll probably exclusively play it in handheld mode.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

skywake

FGPackers wrote:

@skywake trust me it's a practice thing. No one is unbeatable, even this fierce japanese

Yeah, I think part of my issue in that second round I played was also the fact that I was experimenting with weapons a bit more. Played a lot with the roller and it's new special (which is awesome) but I'm not used to the roller. Got taken out fairly regularly. This time I went back to the splattershot and did a lot better.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

KirbyTheVampire

What advantage does the splattershot have over the dualies, exactly? I feel like I consistently do worse with the splattershot because it doesn't have as high of a rate of fire or the dualies special, which I like quite a bit.

KirbyTheVampire

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic