Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 5,014

Haruki_NLI

So who is part of the NL Splat Clan then?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Zyrac Ink armour is the protecting shield, right? It's alright I guess. I prefer something more offensive though. But I assume they're going to add the N-ZAP 89 at some point as well. Suction Bombs are neat, I prefer either those, the sprinklers or the regular bombs.

Octane

Octane

@shani Lame. That sounds pretty useless. I mean, it's probably useful against chargers, but it doesn't sounds useful against any other weapon.

Octane

shani

@Octane It's not something I would choose voluntarily, but it did actually come in handy several times.
I survived some duels because one of my teammates had activated it.
Likewise, I lost some duels because my enemy could withstand one hit more than me.

I reckon it would be most useful in TC, but also in the other modes.

It basically turns a splat-trade into a splat.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Nicolai We must have a fourth...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Zyrac

@meleebrawler Huh, so it does. That's what I get for looking at vague descriptions on the internet instead of bothering to go back to the in-game text.

@Octane I do feel like Ink Armour can make a difference even against rapid-fire weapons. When there's an all-out fight going on and your whole team has that bit of protection, you appreciate the advantage. You just have to refrain from using it as a panic button; the delay when you activate it makes that generally a bad idea.

Zyrac

Twitter:

ACK

@shani Haven't had much time to post, but I don't think that is accurate. Ink Armor appears to protect more or less from one splat. If I engage an Ink Armored opponent with a Splattershot, it takes a few shots to break the armor. That said, Ink Armor is actually considered possibly the most powerful special among the higher ranks. It's pretty obscene, honestly.

ACK

Twitter:

ACK

I also want to point out a lot of the in-game descriptions are somewhat vague and erroneous. Don't rely on them to understand the deeper nuances for abilities as they tend not to be very precise nor comprehensive .

ACK

Twitter:

-Green-

I think how Ink Armor works is that it takes 1 hit to deactivate it, but still provides invincibility while deactivating. At least that's my general understanding of it. If true, It is why it can take multiple hits at times from more rapid fire weapons as they hit multiple times while it's deactivating.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ink Armor is considered the most powerful special. A huge perk it has over the most others is the fact that it doesn't lock you into its usage.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

Ok, I've figured it out regarding the rank system. Whether you promote more than 1 level depends on how many knockout wins you get while in the current rank (i.e. the match ends by the objective counter reaching 0 rather than time running out. In the second round of Splat Zones matches, my rank went from B to A+ (skipping B+, A- and A) because I lost no matches and all my victories were knockout.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ACK

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I notice a lot of people online griping about Amiibos only unlocking gear for one account. You can get around this by deleting the game data on the amiibo through the system settings.

First use the amiibo and it will give you a hat. Then, after enough battles it will give you the rest of it's gear plus a song for Squid Beatz. Should only take a day or two of battling if you play a fair bit.

Anyway, after you have received the last item (the song), simply delete the amiibo's data and tap it to unlock gear for another account.

ACK

Twitter:

shani

This was released several months ago, so some of you might already know about it.
But to anyone who hadn't seen it yet (like me), the Game theorist finally found the answer to the question Are You a Kid or Squid?.

ACK wrote:

Ink Armor appears to protect more or less from one splat. If I engage an Ink Armored opponent with a Splattershot, it takes a few shots to break the armor.

Thanks for clarifying this! I had only read somewhere (probably, ingame, Inkpedia or Squidboards) that it shields you from one hit. In my own match experience it also seemed like it takes more than one shot to break the armor, but since I did't evaluate it any further myself, I trusted that claim.

Someone at gamefaqs also claims that it gives you 30 extra HP and that Ink Armour can be affected by the Object Shredder ability. Do you happen to know if that's true?

@Grumblevolcano Ah that's good to know, thanks!

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Ink armour is very useful I find. Mainly annoying for me as a charger
I'm seeing some top teams using it often because it is good against chargers.

I've even seen that one of the top chargers in Splatoon 1 is thinking of having a new main because of it.

@shani I think it probably does work on ink armour. Just ordered some shoes so when I go online later I will try to test it out.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Zyrac

@ACK Thanks for reminding me to scan my Inkling Girl again - turns out I'd played enough to get all the rest of her stuff.

I'm not sure why they bothered linking the amiibo to your account. Getting around it isn't even an exploit, really, since amiibo can only store data from one game at once (although I don't think there are currently any other games that write data to Splatoon figures).

Zyrac

Twitter:

ACK

@-Green- That may be right... You know, I have access to two Switches and two copies of Splatoon. When I get the chance later I will fire up the shoal to test it out.

Like you said, there is basically no downside to Ink Aromor unlike basically every other special. It also tends to be attached to weapons with high inking-potential and do to it's nature you don't really have to wait for the right time to use it, effectively allowing to fire off more specials in a match. Add in team-wide protection, the ability to survive trades, tank killshots (charger or blaster bullseye, for instance), etc... Basically a whole team chaining Ink Armors is the new scourge.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

ACK

@shani I do not, but that does make sense. Later on I will hop into the shoal and test out some of these theories. The game does mention one hit, but I've noted that many of those descriptions are unclear and/or confusing.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

Maxz

@Grumblevolcano Thanks front the explation. That's a monsterous jump you pulled off.

Untitled

I got my first Quad Splod yesterday. Like, first ever, including however many hours I out into the original. I'm not sure it'll ever happen again, so thank cod for the Switch's capture button.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

meleebrawler

The way Ink Armour seems to work is providing a buffer of a certain amount of HP. If you take a single hit that exceeds this amount, you do not suffer the additional damage. Thus, rollers seem to be the best suited to go toe-to-toe with them, particularly the Dynamo as they send out several projectiles far in excess needed to splat an individual in one swing. The main disadvantage of the armour is the glow it gives, preventing sneak attacks. It's also dependent on your whole team being active and pushing to get the most out of it.

It is oppressive when used right like any other special and has ease of use, but I don't really consider that much more useful than other specials, especially when pitted against each other.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic