Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 5,014

Nicolai

Turns out that in the last 30 seconds of Salmon Run, as long as you've filled your quota, it can be a good idea to ditch all 3 teammates and hide at the other side of the map while they all get consumed by the hord. I'm pretty sure we would have been finished, otherwise.

Also, Marie says some pretty mean things to you if you talk to her too much.

Also, nothing's more degrading than falling in the water before the first wave even starts, and having to beg your teammates to revive you.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

-Green-

Another tip is to always preemptively ink the walls that you need to climb. It'll save lives in the future.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

For some reason, Splatoon 2 didn't update yesterday. Time to grind the single-player hub tickets! <3

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

meleebrawler

Don't really see the need to grind for food tickets, unless you literally play all day, every day... they last long enough to generally subsist on what you can get from Salmon Run (which can also reward fat sums of cash).

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Nicolai

@meleebrawler Wait, do they expire?

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

ValhallaOutcast

I just got this last night, only played about 4-5 games

What do the stats beside your name after a match mean

I was averaging 5 -2

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Ralizah

@meleebrawler Nah, I won't be getting enough tickets from Salmon Run to not run out during turf wars, and salmon run is a limited mode to begin with.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Skid

@ValhallaOutcast It is how many times you splat other player and (someone correct me if I'm wrong) how many times you use your special.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Nicolai

@ValhallaOutcast Left is definitely Splats, ones you've dealt. The right I believe is the number of times you've used your special.
@NapalmPsalm

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

yokokazuo

Yeah, right is special uses. I believe that the splats include assists too btw. (Will need to do some testing later) and on the Splatnet app it also has the assists in brackets next to total kills and assists as well as deaths and special uses.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

DreamyViridi

@yokokazuo - Can confirm splats include assists after playing the game at my friend's house today.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Skid

@DreamyViridi Good to know. I was pretty curious about this when @yokokazuo pointed it out.

I wish assists would count as 0.5 though.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

DreamyViridi

@NapalmPsalm - Yeah or maybe a separate counter. I still wonder why the game doesn't show the number of "deaths" a player had anymore. I remember seeing someone say that there's an option you can toggle to show it but I couldn't find it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

shani

@Grumblevolcano Yeah those guys at Squidboards are pretty crazy.

@TheXReturns @Vee_Flames I also feel like the Tower is moving faster. And I think I know why it seems that way: Waiting at the checkpoints actually counts down the counter. In other words: You don't move the tower for 100 seconds anymore, but only 80 or so.

Nicolai wrote:

Lol, All that talk about me being "pretty suspicious," and I was starting laugh about it, but I finally got a 4 minute ban.

Ah, good to know! I only got the 'pretty suspicous' message once and was actually scared to try playing anywhere else than at home...
Also, Jet Squelcher player, yes, but not that successful with it so far in this game (don't like the sub and special). And while I never liked Splatwalls, I miss the Burst Bombs that the Custom Jet Squelcher had!

ValhallaOutcast wrote:

how do people draw with such detail on touch screen?

That's nothing, I've seen even more detailed posts and I'm just as baffled as you. I'm quite decent at drawing but I don't see how one could do that without a touchscreen pen.

This is not actually what I mean but I've seen drawings where the canvas was full of detailed drawings like the guy's face in that example.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

wow that meme guy is insane detail

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Nicolai

@DreamyViridi @NapalmPsalm That explains why some of these matches had splat counters being ludicrously high. That must mean that if you total your whole team's splats, it would actually be less more than the number of deaths the opposing team suffered.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Zyrac

Splash Wall made the Jet Squelcher an amazing anti-charger weapon, and it's just a great sub in general. Definitely hurts to lose it. Probably still going to use Jet Squelcher once I unlock it though.

Oh, hey... having stopped playing Splatoon before the "Sheldon's Picks" updates, I didn't know before now that they eventually put Splash Wall on the Splat Charger. That's kinda crazy. I thought there was a reason the Bamboozler was the only charger to have it.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

Nicolai

I am loving the "holding charge" feature of the charger. More than ever can I use a sniper-based weapon the completely wrong way: in the enemy's face as opposed to far away or high up. The holding charge lets me dodge around in the ink like I would with any other weapon, but with a shot ready when I surface. That and the Splash Wall, it's all marvelous. It's weird how I haven't seen many other chargers online.

Also, these new stages have all of these hills and ledges, I feel like it makes sloshers unfair, being the only weapon to arc downward at people hiding behind them.

Let me know if I'm posting too much, guys. Sorry if I am >.>

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic