Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 5,014

KirbyTheVampire

@Masticore Press X, point the pointer thing at someone you want to jump to on the map, and press A.

KirbyTheVampire

Spoony_Tech

@Masticore You pull up the map with X then press one of the directional buttons on the control pad (under the left analog stick) then press the A button. It can get you out of harms way in a hurry.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NightMoon

About the stingray in splatoon. I just killed someone with it and won tower control with it.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

Spoony_Tech

I can see it being very effective on TC. Actually a lot of specials would be.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

So my mother cemented her badassery.

She walks into Tower Control for the first time in her life and gets a knockout.

Ive never been good at Tower Control. Rainmaker all day

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

KirbyTheVampire

I'm really liking the Jet Squelcher. It's like a charger for people who suck at using chargers, lol.

Also, is it just me, or has Salmon Run been unavailable all day? I haven't gotten a single match in because it's never open. Is it supposed to be closed for entire days?

KirbyTheVampire

Spoony_Tech

@KirbyTheVampire I've heard every other day and only for 12 hours. Maybe longer on weekends but I'm not sure. @Jaxon knows more as I got the info from him on Twitter.

@OorWullie Didn't know that but I kinda got that from the post above that one.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Blue_Blur

Finally got around to trying all the rank modes, and Tower Control is still my favorite, with Splat Zones in second. I did notice that my team worked together the best in Tower, likely because the goal of the game is real clear, like others have said. I like the new checkpoint system, too. It helps me keep track of where the tower is, and the pauses at the checkpoints seem very fair.

I haven't tried Splat Zones with all the new stages yet, but the ones I have tried seem fine. I also love the new locations of the zones in Moray Towers! Much easier to keep an eye on both zones, yet more challenging with them being closer together!

And then there's Rainmaker... Still my least favorite mode, though I do like the changes they made to the Rainmaker itself. That alone makes the mode a bit more enjoyable to me, but I still prefer the other modes by far.

BLP_Software wrote:

Ive never been good at Tower Control. Rainmaker all day

So exact opposite of me: I've never been good at Rainmaker, Tower Control all day!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

ThomGee

I've got to say, the single player mode is inkcredibly easy and short. I'm completing the levels in two minutes or less and it's getting kind of tedious. I hope there is some kind of reward for completing it, even if it's very minor, because otherwise I have no reason to play it. It doesn't help that almost everyone guessed the one big twist, which I won't say just in case.

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

meleebrawler

@Spoony_Tech Like the Ink Storm, which pretty much makes the tower a no squid's land for the enemy team.

Oh, and here's another use for the Sting Ray: you can use it to block an opponent's path by firing ahead of them.

@Nintendoer You get the Hero set of clothing for multiplayer as a tangible reward. Otherwise you get lore if you bother to seek out the scrolls (which it doesn't sound like you are if you're going through the stages as quick as you claim) and, well... the satisfaction of helping the Squid Sisters. That alone was enough of a driving force for me.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Maxz

@Nintendoer I'm spending about 9 minutes on each level searching every nook and cranny, and thoroughly enjoying it. Are you getting all the Sea Scrolls and Sardinium? I imagine it'd be a pretty straightforward, brainless slog if you didn't bother with them.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@meleebrawler special weapon up only increases the duration for stingray by the way.
That said, I've grown to like it more and I'm usually getting one to two kills with most uses now.
Even just recently got a triple in RM. Could also be partly due to new players being mixed in though so I'll have to see at higher ranks.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech

@yokokazuo Maybe that just goes to show in a skilled players hands it's deadly. I think I would be mad if I got killed by it, then again I never sit still long enough lol.

MERG said:

veeflames

Yeah, a Splat(2)ournament before I head back to school would be awesome. I was reading about the first Splatournament I organized in 2015 here on Nintendo Life... and I still can't believe I pulled it off!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Spoony_Tech

@Vee_Flames Good game tonight. Wasn't sure that was you as anyone could've been just Vee.

I recognized a couple other names but I don't think they were from here?

Oh and I've been playing a lot in handheld mode as that seems to ease the hand cramps a bit more. Love the fact I can play and not hog the tv. I don't think handheld is any worse then the tv either but I do slightly prefer the tv. Now if I could only get it away from the kids lol

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

veeflames

@Spoony_Tech Yep, that was me. I was a bit distracted during those matches, though... but they were fun nonetheless.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Yasaal

I like how people are talking about playing with each other while I'm here with no one to play with

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic