Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 101 to 120 of 5,014

Bolt_Strike

What I'm wondering is when playable Octolings will be a thing, that's what I'm mainly interested in seeing.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

jump

meleebrawler wrote:

@Maxz It's the sad thing about our app-driven generation; the "app for that" mentality encourages us to always go for more functionality in our electronics, even if said functionality is barely used or useful, poor value or even detrimental at worst. It's part of the reason such a big stink has been raised here over the Switch's lack of browser at launch; sure, some people may have gotten good use out of it as they did with Wii U, but they're rare, yet even the ones that don't complain about it for the principle of having options, because that's ALWAYS better, right?

I don't know, it's a portable console so when you're trying to play Splatoon 2 on-line which is pretty much of all of the time with this game you have to use the non-existent browser to either log in or agree with the terms and condition for public Wi-Fi at airports, hotels, starbucks etc before you can use it on-line.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Probably never.

Why never? I could easily see them doing that.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

jump

Apparently the data is there to do it, someone hacked into and played as an Octoling before.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

@Bolt_Strike They were ''playable'' in the Wii U version, but they never officially implemented it. I guess that they planned to do so at one point, but scrapped that idea. Unless they changed their mind, I don't think it'll happen this time either. Also, from a story perspective, it would be weird seeing Octolings walking around in Inkopolis, but that's just a minor detail of course. Depends on how much they value consistency in this franchise. Anyway, if they're playable, it will be DLC I think.

Octane

Grandpa_Pixel

@Octane I think at that point they probably got the go-ahead for a sequel so decided to hold it off until Splatoon 2? I think that is the most logical aspect. If I recall, around the time their data was found in the code was the sort of time frame when Splatoon 2 would have been in development.

Grandpa_Pixel

jump

Octane wrote:

Anyway, if they're playable, it will be DLC I think.

Nah, I'd reckon it's be with Amiibo if they do it.

Nicolai wrote:

Luna_110

I'll admit that voice chat is a bit complicated for me since English isn't my native language - I can speak it well, but I still need to focus a bit or watch my pronunciation for certain words (specially abbreviatures, I hate them). So, while probable I'd be fluent again after a couple days of trying, it still be a pain if I had a couple of jerks in my team.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

erv

Unrelated; a national toy store here has splatoon 2 at release for march 17th.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

jump

erv wrote:

Unrelated; a national toy store here has splatoon 2 at release for march 17th.

That's even before the demo-testing starts.

Nicolai wrote:

erv

That's why it doesn't seem likely to be based off of more than we know. We could see an early release though.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

FGPackers

Global Testfire is almost here! This Friday everyone will be splatted!!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

yokokazuo

I'm getting pretty excited. I'll probably still use the charger for the most part, but I'm interested in testing out the other weapons as well and see what's different.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

burger_king

never played splatoon so this demo should be interesting lol

anyway heres the times that you can play it :

Friday 24th March
19:00 - 19:59 GMT

Saturday 25th March
03:00 - 03:59 GMT
11:00 - 11:59 GMT
19:00 - 19:59 GMT

Sunday 26th March
04:00 - 04:59 BST
12:00 - 12:59 BST

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

NaviAndMii

Looking forward to giving this a try - looks fun! ..and in the absence of a nice, gritty FPS I can sink my teeth in to - this looks like it could potentially fill that void for a while!

I like online games that have this style of communication system - I think that more online games should have a 'quick shout' function, they're great! ..I've played quite a bit of Rocket League (PS4) - which utilises a similar system - and it works really well! ..a neat little way to effectively communicate where there'd ordinarily be a language barrier

I'm mentally preparing myself for the likelihood that some players - who actually know what they're doing - are going to lay the splat down on me! (could be a loooooong 59mins! haha!) ..but I'm going in hopeful that it'll leave me wanting more

TwentyOneGamers wrote:

splaTWOon?

Missed opportunity...

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

FGPackers

Tomorrow is the day!! Can't wait to try it out, even if i know that it will make the await for the game even more hard!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Jhena

I have a really really big wish for this game now that the miiverse is gone. Please Nintendo give the gamers a chance to paint and post it. The hub will be dead without it. I had to laugh really often thanks to the community.^^ I still cant believe how people could paint so good with that gamepad.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Jhena

@Nintenerdguy Thanks. Im sure you will get a Switch in time for the release. Dont feel bad for missing out on the testfire. Its just a nice to have. Still i hope youll get her by then.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic