Forums

Topic: Sonic Forces

Posts 61 to 80 of 178

BraveSonic

@BLP_Software Well, Rise of Lyric did have exploration. It wasn't rewarding, but it was there. If they could build on it with Boom Sonic and mix it with Adventure-style speed and platforming, it could work really well.

I like Smash Wii U over Melee. FIGHT ME.
I'm addicted to amiibo. Full collection of the Smash series....help me....please...
Also, I like to go fast, really fast.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5714-9219-9497
Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

3DS Friend Code: 0103-9570-7604 | Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

Captain_Toad

I would go for this. The gameplay the create-a-character has doesn't look to different from the usual sonic fare and you can finally bring out that sonic oc you've been making from third grade! The only thing I'm worried is how much freedom this will work in the story/freedom on the character creator like voices, etc.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Haruki_NLI

From a series standpoint, from the concept of game design and the never ending baffling insecurity about what the character should and should not do - This is the solution and I welcome it

You decide what the character does. You dictate it to your tastes. You have whatever play style damn well suits you.

And it wont divide them based on something like a firearm or a double jump or a homing attack. Because if they dont want it, they wont choose it

So yes, the internet will crap all over everyone because part of the fanbase draws characters based on other characters. Lahdee dah. Doesnt stop the world turning or affect them but they do it anyway because its easy material to bash over.

But from the standpoint of someone who wants to let people play a game like it was SA2, like Shadow the Hedgehog, with all kinda of weird abilities that got scrapped one game in because fans hated it but some didnt, it quells that argument, that they cant agree on what they want because they split over the simplest of things.

Ive reposted this loads today. But I stand by it

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Budda

Generally speaking, I really don't like the idea of creating my own character. For the most part I probably going to make a generic character and pretend it's something Sonic Team has created.
Happy to see we'll get soundtrack with lyrics in stages this time around. It extremely reminds me of Sonic R though. The female voice and how it sounds.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

NaviAndMii

@BLP_Software

**clicks imaginary like button**

Here here! I must admit that this was the moment that made me stand up and notice this game

I quite liked the blend of 2D and 3D elements in Sonic Colours - and I always liked how Sonic and Tails (Miles?) both had different abilities in the Sonic games of my youth, which this seems to take to a whole new level! ..so this trailer - and, particularly, the enticing combination of those two things - really appeals to me!

Seems like it could be a winning combo as far as I'm concerned

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

100% agree with NaviAndMii and BLP_Software. Being able to create your own character totally surprised me, but for all the reasons already said above, I think it's a great idea!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

NaviAndMii

@Blue_Blur Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic about this one ..up until now, I probably had Mania just ahead -
seems like a loving homage to the Sonic games of yester-year, which certainly appeals to me - but this might just be edging ahead now...I really think that they could be on to something! ..this hype-train just gained another passenger! CHOO CHOO!!!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Love this idea. It really capitalizes on the fanbase's biggest fantasy and opens up a whole new dimension to this series. Negative reputation aside, it's a brilliant move for this series.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

OdnetninAges

I'm probably the only person that was reminded of FE Awakening. A customizable character that isn't the main protagonist, but works alongside the protagonist. I wonder if he/she will have his/her own script and personality as well.

Those Chao backpacks tho.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

FriedSquid

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that there doesn't appear to be an echidna character option. How else will we recreate Ken Penders' memorable echidna OCs?

Untitled

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

SLIGEACH_EIRE

The following I see is currently being reported on several sites.

Sonic Forces Is Currently Running At 30fps On Switch And Has Other Compromises

..."The most notable difference is that the game runs at 30 frames per second – half the rate of the competing systems. Texture and models are of lower quality, with certain effects either trimmed down or removed entirely. The lush, wavy grass from the PS4 version of Green Hill is less lush and wavy on the Switch, and far more jagged, with even shadows being effected. The shadows cast by Eggman’s Eggmobile were distinctly lower resolution, appearing jagged with inconsistent levels of darkness. Most of these issues, outside of the frame rate, are borderline unnoticeable in portable mode. But in console mode, the flaws are very apparent"....

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/24/sonic-forces-is-current...

I didn't think this was news. We've known this for a while now. Well I heard it a few days ago and the date of the original report is from 16th June.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/06/sonic-forces-on-nintendo...

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

OdnetninAges

Well I don't have a Xbox One or a PS4 (yet), and I didn't mind 30 FPS for Sonic Generations on PS3, so I'm good with the Switch version.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

ieatdragonz

Better than another game solely revolved around Eggman, although hes probably the one who brought Infinite to them. Judging by the first scene and the technological vibe I'm getting from him I have a good feeling he's from the future and following Generations Eggman either in the void or after escaping encountered him. Just a guess though.

Edited on by ieatdragonz

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Samus7Killer

This game is gonna bomb

Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

@AlternateButtons im holding off on this game because it looks like Sonic Lost World 2. It looks slightly better. Mania on the other hand was never a question that it was gonna be incredible.

Samus7Killer

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I get that the Switch version started later than the others but still. It seems like they're rushing it or halfassing it, remember the game runs at 30fps and in 720p both docked and undocked(that right there says they're not making the most of the Switch). Whereas it's full HD and 60fps for the other versions. I thought otherwise it would look the same, it doesn't. At 1:28 shows the most striking difference. The Switch is capable of better, surely.

Untitled

Untitled

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.