Forums

Topic: Sonic Forces

Posts 41 to 60 of 178

BraveSonic

Blue_Blur wrote:

BraveSonic wrote:

I'm so hyped. Sonic Forces looks exactly what I've wanted from Sonic since Generations.

Same! I love the Unleashed/Colors/Generations type of gameplay; I'm so happy the Modern Sonic stages for Sonic Forces seem very similar!

Yup. I'm pretty sure they said the stages will have branching paths for more diverse level design like Colors and Generations. I'm just happy Sonic is actually going fast again.

I like Smash Wii U over Melee. FIGHT ME.
I'm addicted to amiibo. Full collection of the Smash series....help me....please...
Also, I like to go fast, really fast.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5714-9219-9497
Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

3DS Friend Code: 0103-9570-7604 | Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

Bolt_Strike

Also a big fan of boost style games and I'm glad they're sticking with that formula, the boost really offers a sense of speed that really defines Sonic. I played Unleashed and Generations to death even long after I beat them, the gameplay is just that fun that I can replay the levels over and over and not get bored for a while.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FGPackers

I watched that 45 seconds video and it seems really good. Can't wait for them to share more tomorrow! I really hope Sonic can be great again, i loved it when i was a child with Mario. Maybe the 2 games that i was most happy playing with while growing!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

BearHunger

The trailer makes it seem like this game isn't the huge leap for the series that Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Lost World were, so I'm a little bit disappointed. Still, it looks good.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

FriedSquid

I really hope Jun Senoue will come back to compose (unless we already know something about the music).

It's just not a Sonic game if it's not Senoue

Edit: Never mind, I just saw that the composer will be Tomoya Ohtani (Lost World, Colors, Unleashed). Oh well This is the instrumental version of the main theme:

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Haruki_NLI

Unleashed, 06, Colours, Generations, Runners, Lost World, pretty much everything apart from Boom and Sonic 4, actually.

But yes. This has Crush 40 all over it, but its damn catchy. Now to address some complaints.

Why are Wisps back? Because they are a unique power-up kind of thing within the series, and if you want story justification, Sonic is clearly building an army. Wisps. Army. Lots of em. Power ups. Makes sense.

Why the Boost gameplay? Because they listened to criticism. Lost World, the only game by Sonic Team in 3D after Generations, actually, tried something new. Unleashed did something new back in 2008, and they took that and refined it in Colours and again in Generations. There is nothing wrong with wanting something new after 3 games of the same and a lot of refining. If Lost World was better received, you could bet it would have been the "Unleashed" for the Parkour gameplay, which would've been refined over time.

But this gameplay is a good failsafe while they work on something else new, and unique, in the back and see if it will work as an evolution or alternative.

Hedgehog 2 is a stupid name for an engine. Well so is Unity, and Unreal, and Hedgehog Engine...oh wait.

Oh and he has Green eyes and Sky Sanctuary isn't yellow enough in Generations still lets rage. Ugh. I'm tired XD

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Bolt_Strike

BLP_Software wrote:

Why the Boost gameplay? Because they listened to criticism. Lost World, the only game by Sonic Team in 3D after Generations, actually, tried something new. Unleashed did something new back in 2008, and they took that and refined it in Colours and again in Generations. There is nothing wrong with wanting something new after 3 games of the same and a lot of refining. If Lost World was better received, you could bet it would have been the "Unleashed" for the Parkour gameplay, which would've been refined over time.

But this gameplay is a good failsafe while they work on something else new, and unique, in the back and see if it will work as an evolution or alternative.

It's a little early to declare "nothing new" when we saw a whopping 40 seconds of gameplay. If anything, they seem to be hiding something about this game. Isn't there supposedly a third character in this game?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Forces actually does draw from Lost World a bit. It wouldn't be too far out there to have both boost and parkour in the same game.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haruki_NLI

Its pretty much now confirmed its a 3rd Sonic, but we don't know which one.

Side characters aren't playable but present, and the story iss et at a point just after Eggman has already conquered the world.

So Chronicles story sequel then? Sick.

This is my hype game for this year. In 2014 it was Smash. In 2015 it was Splatoon. In 2016 it was Ratchet and Clank. 2017 gets Sonic Forces.

Ah...feels good.

Budda

@BLP_Software
Who says it's a 3rd Sonic?
It could also be a completely new character. The only thing I could imagine would be Dreamcast Sonic, because they wanted to implement him in Generations... But who knows? ^^

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Bolt_Strike

Considering that 2 out of the 3 characters are Sonic, it would be weird if the third character wasn't another Sonic.

As much as I hate the idea, I think the 3rd Sonic would be Boom Sonic. It's the only other iteration of Sonic that would make sense. Dreamcast Sonic probably wouldn't be a thing because Modern Sonic is pretty similar, SEGA probably considers the two as one and the same.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Haruki_NLI

@Bolt_Strike Adventure Sonic is too similar in looks and personality to Modern Sonic.

Boom Sonic however, isn't. And frankly, even if it is Boom Sonic, I can see them giving him the Adventure gameplay or a take on that style, to not only test that gameplay again in a modern era, but also as a litmus test for Sonic Boom going forward.

Bolt_Strike

BLP_Software wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Adventure Sonic is too similar in looks and personality to Modern Sonic.

Boom Sonic however, isn't. And frankly, even if it is Boom Sonic, I can see them giving him the Adventure gameplay or a take on that style, to not only test that gameplay again in a modern era, but also as a litmus test for Sonic Boom going forward.

That might actually be a good way to make use of Boom Sonic, the Boom universe is pretty well suited towards that style of gameplay.

Bolt_Strike

Blue_Blur

I agree, that would make the most sense. The levels from the 3DS Boom games wouldn't work too well, in my opinion, but Adventure gameplay? I can definitely see that!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

kkslider5552000

I was gonna point out how ridiculous it would be to do that considering how infamous Sonic Boom's Wii U game is, but Sonic Generations has a Sonic 06 level so...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BraveSonic

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I was gonna point out how ridiculous it would be to do that considering how infamous Sonic Boom's Wii U game is, but Sonic Generations has a Sonic 06 level so...

Rise of Lyric is infamous, yes. But the gameplay had potential and would have been better with more competent developers and more dev time period. If Boom Sonic was put into Sonic Forces, then I think they could give him the same gameplay that RoL had: more beat-em-up focused, but make it faster and flashier with more combos based on button combinations. It would show a more melee-focused Sonic.

I like Smash Wii U over Melee. FIGHT ME.
I'm addicted to amiibo. Full collection of the Smash series....help me....please...
Also, I like to go fast, really fast.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5714-9219-9497
Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

3DS Friend Code: 0103-9570-7604 | Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

Haruki_NLI

@BraveSonic Not even that. I'm thinking focus on the exploration, more open levels, which Adventure and Boom had. Adventure 2 didn't, sadly.

Budda

Hmm.. Yea it would be kind of weird if the third character isn't a Sonic.
Well, strange idea -> It is a "new" Sonic! Technically it's a new character.^^
I just hope it's not Boom Sonic.. =|

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Grumblevolcano

@BraveSonic It's pretty much the same with Sonic 06, in both cases the famous Miyamoto quote about rushing games is spot on.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.