Forums

Topic: Sonic Forces

Posts 21 to 40 of 178

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Blue_Blur That would increase the chance of the NX version being different from the PS4/XB1/PC versions because the 3DS version of Generations was different from the PS3/360/PC versions.

...How, exactly? I mean, like @DarthNocturnal, we've barely seen any of the game, so...?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

FriedSquid

I'm guessing they will make up something involving time travel as to why Classic Sonic is back to help Sonic, but still not call it Generations 2.

What has me intrigued is "Join the resistance" and "Heroes need help". Makes me imagine Sonic and his friends fighting back against Eggman after he's already won and caused destruction.

My interpretation is that it sounds like a new version of the Freedom Fighters to me, and it's unlikely... but it would be awesome if we saw Archie characters become canon and have some kind of role, if a 'resistance' is a theme.

But I'm probably getting too ahead of myself.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

veeflames

I don't understand why many people are saying this is or is looking like Generations 2. From what I understand, Generations is a bunch of several Sonic stages reimagined in 2D Sonic-esque visuals for classic Sonic and 3D Sonic-esque visuals for Modern Sonic (the brunt of it, anyway). Given that we haven't even seen gameplay, I don't understand this "Generations 2" conclusion the internet has come to. Classic Sonic in a modern Sonic game doesn't mean Generations [insert number or phrase here], you know...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LzWinky

FriedSquid wrote:

I'm guessing they will make up something involving time travel as to why Classic Sonic is back to help Sonic, but still not call it Generations 2.

More like "We're bringing back Classic Sonic so that Sonic can be good again."

I wonder if it'll be as half-arsed as the children in Fire Emblem Fates.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BurningSonic

Yeah, I hope there is a story reason for Classic Sonic's return. Unlike the wisps in Lost World.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

veeflames

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Vee_Flames

Given that we havn't seen anything BUT two Sonics and a couple of giant robots which have a design similar to Robotnik, Generations 2 is a reasonable guess.

Is it though? It's just like saying Sonic Lost World is Colors 2 because of the Wisp Powers. And that's just "a guess" from a short, somewhat vague trailer.

God first.

Vinny

The trailer looks good. Reminds of the short 2011 Generations trailer where Sonic and Classic Sonic meet at Green Hill.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Bolt_Strike

Vee_Flames wrote:

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Vee_Flames

Given that we havn't seen anything BUT two Sonics and a couple of giant robots which have a design similar to Robotnik, Generations 2 is a reasonable guess.

Is it though? It's just like saying Sonic Lost World is Colors 2 because of the Wisp Powers. And that's just "a guess" from a short, somewhat vague trailer.

It pretty much is Colors 2. It has other things to it, yeah, but it's in a similar style.

That's why I'm saying "spiritual successor". It's probably not going to 100% like Generations, but it does seem like Generations is going to have a lot of influence on this game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

veeflames

Bolt_Strike wrote:

It pretty much is Colors 2. It has other things to it, yeah, but it's in a similar style.

That's why I'm saying "spiritual successor". It's probably not going to 100% like Generations, but it does seem like Generations is going to have a lot of influence on this game.

Ehhh... no. I disagree. Sonic Lost World is too different from Colors to even start saying the former is "a spiritual successor" to Colors. The only similar elements in both games? The Wisps. That alone doesn't warrant the game being labelled as a successor of any kind to Colors.
Boy, the power of the presence of Classic Sonic in a new Sonic game trailer...

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying it's going to be Generations 2 for sure. But it IS a reasonable guess. Unreasonable would be guessing that it's a Mario & Sonic non-Olympic crossover.

Well, obviously. That's too unrealistic (but hey! It could happen ). I'm just saying that the whole Generations 2 guess is kinda short-sighted, but that's just me... I guess.

God first.

Bolt_Strike

Vee_Flames wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Ehhh... no. I disagree. Sonic Lost World is too different from Colors to even start saying the former is "a spiritual successor" to Colors. The only similar elements in both games? The Wisps. That alone doesn't warrant the game being labelled as a successor of any kind to Colors.
Boy, the power of the presence of Classic Sonic in a new Sonic game trailer...

It's more than just Wisps. Colors and Lost World also emphasize platforming and 2D gameplay more than Unleashed and Generations, which are more speed based and more of a balanced mix of 2D and 3D gameplay. As for 2017, Gamexplain also points out that several boost gameplay moves are shown in the trailer like boost, slide, and quick step (analysis video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHJlFuCNVtU). Taking all of that into account, it seems more on the Unleashed/Generations side of things than Colors/Lost World, so it'll probably have a mix of 2D and 3D gameplay and emphasize speed more than platforming. It's hard to say for sure, but that's the way it's looking from what little we know about it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FriedSquid

Just to clarify, I don't actually think this will be Generations 2, as they already stated this wont be a sequel so I'm not expecting Colors 2 either.

I only brought up "Generations 2" cause it seems puzzling to have Classic Sonic in the game without that 'old vs new' gimmick Generations had. Therefore I meant to say they're avoiding Generations 2 but still felt the need to throw in Classic Sonic, probably by some half baked time travel plot.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

OdnetninAges

I think most people are just assuming Generations 2 in terms of gameplay because, as Bolt_Strike pointed out, Modern Sonic looks like he'll have the same gameplay from Colors/Generations (granted there isn't concrete info yet) and Classic Sonic we haven't seen outside of 2D gameplay (not counting spin-offs) so everyone is automatically assuming he'll control and play like in Generations.

In terms of story, is it unreasonable to guess that this could just retcon Generations? Because Generations wasn't really big on story in the first place, but here it seems like they really have something planned out (for better or worse). And that could partially explain the "it's not a sequel" comment.

In any case, I don't think we'll be revisiting older stages again this time. I could be wrong.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

SeaSalty

I want to be able to choose from at LEAST 3 different characters, and who ever composed the music for Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 06!

SeaSalty

Luffymcduck

So the games has both classic and modern Sonic but we don't know yet whether it´s going to be something like Generations 2. I would like to see that, as I prefer Sonic Generations over Mario´s last 3D platformer.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

MarioGearSolid

Despite me being a massive old school Sega fan I never really loved Sonic. I would rather see Sega revive some older IPs then give us all these Sonic games.

Sneaking in the shadows and snapping necks since 1990.

SeaSalty

I really hope they give classic sonic a voice this time....and no, not Jaleel White! he sounds way too nasally>_<

SeaSalty

Bolt_Strike

They showed a short, 45 second clip of Forces:

Looks very much like Unleashed/Colors/Generations unsurprisingly, Sonic can boost, Homing Attack, and stomp. Wisps also appear to be back and power the boost like in Colors.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

BraveSonic

I'm so hyped. Sonic Forces looks exactly what I've wanted from Sonic since Generations. I've always wanted to see Eggman beat Sonic, because I know that he's almost won before (beginning of Unleashed, near-ending of Sonic Generations). I hope for more fine-tuned parkour to let Sonic interact more with the level design. Mario's getting some new moves for Odyssey, so why not let Sonic use all of his moves?

I like Smash Wii U over Melee. FIGHT ME.
I'm addicted to amiibo. Full collection of the Smash series....help me....please...
Also, I like to go fast, really fast.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5714-9219-9497
Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

3DS Friend Code: 0103-9570-7604 | Nintendo Network ID: ChandlerHolman01

Blue_Blur

BraveSonic wrote:

I'm so hyped. Sonic Forces looks exactly what I've wanted from Sonic since Generations.

Same! I love the Unleashed/Colors/Generations type of gameplay; I'm so happy the Modern Sonic stages for Sonic Forces seem very similar! Can't wait to hear more about this game!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.