Forums

Topic: Sonic Forces

Posts 161 to 178 of 178

-Green-

The way they dealt with that null void thing-y was really dumb and anti-climactic tbh. I could hardly believe it when I saw it.

Like one of my favorite things was how Eggman allowed Sonic to live and then scolded Infinite for allowing him to survive their encounter. Or how, Infinite continuously claimed himself to be so amazing, yet never finished off the MCs. I get he's full of himself, but it came off as ridiculous for a game about war and world domination. There's probably more if I think about it.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

GoldenGamer88

@meleebrawler I never thought they’d kill him off or have him show any real injuries but we’re talking about a six month imprisonment here, you’ve gotta be strong-minded beyond believe to keep cracking jokes. Either that or the script writers were too lazy for any real character development and arcs (like have his spirits get broken over the fact that his defeat lead to the planet’s downfall and his friends now need to show him that Infinite can be defeated and the planet does need him. But oh no, we gotta make more Sonic levels so he can’t be too upset over that).

Speaking of, I think the lack of jokes comes from the way they treat the entire scenario - completely serious and as an actual war. Look, I don‘t want Sonic to become another emo like Shadow but to still crack jokes after all he‘s been through seemed unrealistic - even for a game populated by humanoid animals where only a blue hedgehog can keep an egg-shaped man from conquering the planet. He just should‘ve said something more serious and less chit-chatty and I wouldn‘t have said a thing.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Sonic Forces made its debut at number 5 in the UK sales chart. That's in the All Formats chart. I don't have the Individual Formats Chart yet but will post it shortly in the Switch discussion thread when I do.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Haruki_NLI

Sanic shirts...

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

OdnetninAges

Big mentions "Sanic" in Lego Dimensions, so it's not the first time Sanic has been referenced in an official game... But this is the first main series game he's been referenced in, so I guess it's a bigger deal.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Haruki_NLI

So Super Sonic.

That thing we've been getting as a reward for 25 years since Sonic 2?

It's on the disc. Its in the game. Hackers found it. They can activate it with no issue.

Its paid on disc DLC.

What.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

spider-manatee

Anyone else feel Sonic Forces was missing something?

SEGA brought some of its best ideas from the franchise (Wisps from Colors, Classic Sonic gameplay, characters from previous games), mixed in a little new (avatar gameplay). I liked the game, but felt it could have been so much more.

What areas could have been improved?
Character development
DLC
Gameplay
Graphics/Sound
Replayability
Story

spider-manatee

OdnetninAges

spider-manatee wrote:

SEGA brought some of its best ideas from the franchise (Wisps from Colors, Classic Sonic gameplay, characters from previous games), mixed in a little new (avatar gameplay). I liked the game, but felt it could have been so much more.

Character development
DLC
Gameplay
Graphics/Sound
Replayability
Story

Controls and level design.

Sonic doesn't control right at max speed (like he's locked into a lane or something), and the lack of alternate paths through the levels leave little reason for replayability. The stages are also all ridiculously short... Colors had a lot of short levels too, but it at least had one big 5 minute long Act in each stage.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

spider-manatee

@OdnetninAges Controls was one of my frustrations, too! The story and character development felt thrown together. I also wish SEGA didn't lock some of the content behind limited DLC. The SEGA/Atlus crossover costumes were a good idea, and I would like to see more avatar costumes, even if it was paid DLC.

spider-manatee

Bolt_Strike

spider-manatee wrote:

Character development
DLC
Gameplay
Graphics/Sound
Replayability
Story

Copy/pasting my response from the other thread:

Level design. Definitely level design. As someone who loves Unleashed/Generations style boost gameplay I hated Forces because the level design is just so uninspired and practically plays itself. Very little platforming, very few obstacles, mainly just a series of linear pathways with a jump or a swarm of enemies every once in a while. The boost games get a lot of flak for being boost to win, but the reality is there's a lot of reflex based platforming in Unleashed/Generations. It's never been as bad as it was here. IDK what went wrong, but the level design was a definite regression from Unleashed/Generations.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

spider-manatee

Btw, if anyone missed the Shadow avatar costume DLC when it first released, I spoke to SEGA customer support about it. They said it will be available for purchase at a later date. 🙂

spider-manatee

Crumpet123

Does anybody else's avatar keep changing? mine changed from a wolf to a bird in one level, then changed colour in another

Crumpet123

spider-manatee

Btw if anyone wants it, the Shadow Costume DLC is now back in the Nintendo eShop for $1.

spider-manatee

Moroboshi876

After all these months, would you recommend the game to a Sonic fan that doesn't think after Sonic 2 all was crap? In other words, a minority.

I loved Sonic Generations, and Rush, and 4, and of course Sonic Mania.

But I gathered from reviews that Sonic Forces is really bad, and Switch version even worse. What can you tell me about it? Because the game is cheap and soon it will come bundled to a packet of cereals.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

spider-manatee

It’s not as bad as people hype it up to be, but has som much unused potential. It takes elements that made some of the previous Sonic games great (Colors, Generations, Adventure), but feels like it was thrown together for the sake of testing (“Which works better? Classic or Modern Sonic?”). Storyline feels unnecessary, like an excuse to include many of the characters.

To sum it up, $40 is not a bad price if you like the Sonic series.

spider-manatee

Moroboshi876

@spider-manatee If it's just that, I can take it. I wouldn't want a broken game, though.

But man, 40 is more than it costs now! I think it can be purchased for about 20 euros, that is in Europe of course.

Thanks. I may get the Xbox One version though, if I finally do it, because of the achievements.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

My cousin recently was over and wanted to play Forces (Switch version), and he enjoys it for what it is.

As for me, it's not so much of a bad game, but didn't do much to impress either. I got my copy for 25 bucks during black Friday (not even a month after it released), played through the entire game once, and that was it. Didn't really have much reason to return to the game tbh, besides using Super Sonic to get S-ranks, and maybe collect red rings. Switch version has no real reason to collect those red rings, however on Xbox One, it has an achievement for collecting them all (and it's name just so happens to reference a Sonic game on the Wii, lol).

Also I checked, and Shadow costume dlc has returned. Forces needs MOAR dlc, a.k.a. Ugandan Knuckles costume!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.