Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Posts 201 to 220 of 260

RunGMhx

@ReaderRagfihs Indeed but some games drop price faster than other... Like Tropical freeze while (at least here in canada) most first parties (Mario Kart, Odyssey, BotW) have yet to drop in price...

RunGMhx

toiletduck

I just checked metacritic and reviews are mainly positive. I'd say there's nothing to worry about. Although even if this game would get totally bombed with negative review, I'd still buy it. I'm totally biased when it comes to 2D Mario. I even enjoyed the hell out of NSMB 2 on 3DS.

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Jimez

This was one of the few WiiU games i actually finished, and i enjoyed it. Never played Luigi U, so in a way i'm getting a semi-new games with the purchase.

Jimez

Ralizah

Well, I just five-starred my file in the Wii U version. I guess there's some extra challenges to complete, but I'm pretty well done with this game now. I imagine it'll work out brilliantly on the Switch!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

toiletduck

How's this without a proper d-pad? Is it possible to get used to it? Can't remember nor imagine playing a Mario game without one, but my current d-pad controllers (1 pro and 1 SF30Pro) don't really 'feel right'.

toiletduck

Ralizah

@toiletduck I played with the stick on my Wii U Pro Controller and had no issues.

LilDoggo48

Quick Question, is it true you can download the game at Midnight EST in the U.S.?

Also if yes, playing Mario is a valid reason to stay-up late on a Thursday night...right? XD

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

MarioVillager92

@LilDoggo48 On the eShop you can preorder it and it will start downloading. You won't be able to play it before its release date even when it downloads completely, but you can play it on midnight.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

toiletduck

@Ralizah thanks, that's exactly what I needed to hear but you probably realized that

toiletduck

Ralizah

@toiletduck You mentioned not liking the SF30 Pro. What's your specific complaint? I own an SN30 and haven't experienced any issues with it when using it to play games like Bloodstained or some of the Neo-Geo ports.

LilDoggo48

MarioLover92 wrote:

@LilDoggo48 On the eShop you can preorder it and it will start downloading. You won't be able to play it before its release date even when it downloads completely, but you can play it on midnight.

Thanks for the reply. Yay for Midnight Mario!

LilDoggo48

ReaderRagfihs wrote:

@LilDoggo48 So how's your midnight Mario going?

Pretty good. Just played a few levels but it's nice how easy it is to fall back into the groove. The game seems pretty easy playing on the switch with the joy-cons compared to playing it on the Wii-U. Not that that's a bad thing. It's still a fun game overall and I hope it does well because IMHO this series is still a great way to introduce kids to Mario & co, and just a fun way to kill some time in general be it by oneself or with family and friends.

Also downloaded the free games Brawlhala & Paladins, gonna try those out tomorrow or this weekend.

toiletduck

Ralizah wrote:

@toiletduck You mentioned not liking the SF30 Pro. What's your specific complaint? I own an SN30 and haven't experienced any issues with it when using it to play games like Bloodstained or some of the Neo-Geo ports.

The down button is too sturdy; when I sprint and crouch to slide under low blocks in SMB3 or when I have to duck in DK:TF, the down button doesn't react as fluently as I want. It's not as responsive as I remember from the SNES. Same occurs on my official Pro controller btw.

toiletduck

JaxonH

Tried this out before going to bed last night.

Just gorgeous, especially on the handheld. And DF showed some nice improvements, with solid 60 in both docked and handheld, even in 4 player.

The sound is what caught me by surprise. The quality of the koopaling laugh when they were spreading out on the map after the initial cut scene.

Such a fun game. I remember this game had me BEYOND excited on Wii U. I got it free from Old Navy that Black Friday as one of the first 50 customers. Had just got back into gaming with my Wii U purchase, and it was so amazing seeing Mario, a childhood fave, in HD for the first time.

This game means alot to me. I'll always remember it as my first real purchase getting back into gaming.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Jimez

New Super Mario Bros U was the first WiiU game i played, and quite enjoyed it. Never played Luigi U, so being able to play this now is something. Being able to play this whole game on the move is perfect.

Jimez

redd214

Man this game is so much fun! Obviously not a revelation to many of you as you've already played it but it's just fantastic to finally have a 2d Mario game in glorious HD. Can't wait for my kids to get home from school for some multiplayer action!

redd214

Quarth

Played it for the first time today. My only previously played NSMB game was the original on DS and this is such an improvement over that excellent title. Wow! Really really fun!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

PrinceAli89

I just got my copy today, it's so much fun! I remember playing the 1st Wii version of this way back in the day with my family and we had so much fun together!

PrinceAli89

toiletduck

After work yesterday this was already sold out in three stores in my direct neighbourhood. Since I'm having friends over today to play this, I need it today so decided to go digital. I actually skipped pre order and the risk of getting it later for that reason. Well, I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this tonight with my friends and tomorrow I'll probably binge it through if I'm not to hungover.

toiletduck

GeeEmm

Want to start Tales but cant put this down.
Its soooo good. Not having played any of the New 2D Mario games probably helps but still awesome. Need to brush up on my skills cos the game is kicking my arse...and fairly early on too.

GeeEmm

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic