Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Posts 201 to 220 of 260

BlueOcean

@1UP_MARIO You are absolutely right. You can find very original, challenging or creative levels made by users in Super Mario Maker and bad things exist everywhere, YouTube is the best example indeed LOL.

Super Mario Maker as a launch title would have made wonders for the console, Nintendo Land was a hard sell for some reason although I like some of its mini games. New Super Mario Bros. U was seemed as another "New" game and people didn't realise that it wasn't just "another", it was improved in every single way.

BlueOcean

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean the users bunny right

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

1UP_MARIO

Bookmarked it on my phone so will try later.
That’s another great feature Mario Maker has. You can find the levels and user information online Mario Maker net

Untitledhow to screenshot on windows

BlueOcean

@1UP_MARIO Yes. Check here:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/8535-000...

This is the first level but he made a whole well-designed game. There are two ways to play them, you can bookmark them on the website to play them on Wii U and, optionally, you can save the levels on the Wii U memory. I guess that you know this but I think it's worth mentioning for everyone else.

EDIT: You beat me.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean there well designed. I prefer the more difficult levels tho. That makes me sound like a idiot I’m sorry

Grumblevolcano

The reason why there's so many troll and kaizo levels is that the last (and first) traditional 2D Mario with troll levels created by Nintendo was SMB2 (Japan)/The Lost Levels. Mario Maker allows creators to create what they feel 2D Mario needs with an actual game. There's plenty of improvements that Mario Maker needs but with the Wii U it would've been the better launch title by far.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BlueOcean

@1UP_MARIO I also like some hard levels. The Superstar Road levels in New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario World are good and some fan-made levels too, but not all.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

1UP_MARIO

@BlueOcean I know what you mean. Some crazy levels I try to beat but then I look at the time and they have taken me hours but that’s why I like it, sometimes. It’s endless and always new levels to play

Euler

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The reason why there's so many troll and kaizo levels is that the last (and first) traditional 2D Mario with troll levels created by Nintendo was SMB2 (Japan)/The Lost Levels. Mario Maker allows creators to create what they feel 2D Mario needs with an actual game. There's plenty of improvements that Mario Maker needs but with the Wii U it would've been the better launch title by far.

Not sure I'd quite agree with that assessment. Lost Levels has backwards warp zones, but other than that it falls more under the "carefully designed platforming for people that have mastered the first game" category rather than troll/kaizo territory. It's the only game like that in the main series, but later games (including New Super Mario Bros. U) throw in similarly difficult levels at the end as optional post-game content.

I firmly believe that if Super Mario Maker was the launch title for the Wii U, it would have sold like hotcakes, the system would have been wildly successful, and in 2019 everyone would be talking about how brilliant and revolutionary of an idea the Wii U gamepad was.

Euler

BlueOcean

Yes, I mentioned Star World (Super Mario World) and Super Star Road (New Super Mario Bros. U) as examples of Mario 2D games with super hard optional levels. I love the easy worlds in those games but also those worlds and got all the star coins in NSMBU and exits in SMW, and I was just a kid back then.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

RunGMhx

Got this game pre-ordered but given the underwhelming reviews I'm starting to think that my money would be better spent elsewhere. I'm concerned with the some people saying that the game didn't age well and that the game itself is pretty easy... I kinda feel that I'll be able to grab it for 20$ less (like tropical freeze as an exemple, CAD $ btw) in a not too distant future...

RunGMhx

RedderRugfish

@RunGMhx The only bad thing reviews are saying is that it's not a brand new game.

You probably will be able to get it cheaper later on though, which is true of pretty much every game. That's how it goes when you buy games day one.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

RunGMhx

@ReaderRagfihs Indeed but some games drop price faster than other... Like Tropical freeze while (at least here in canada) most first parties (Mario Kart, Odyssey, BotW) have yet to drop in price...

RunGMhx

toiletduck

I just checked metacritic and reviews are mainly positive. I'd say there's nothing to worry about. Although even if this game would get totally bombed with negative review, I'd still buy it. I'm totally biased when it comes to 2D Mario. I even enjoyed the hell out of NSMB 2 on 3DS.

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Jimez

This was one of the few WiiU games i actually finished, and i enjoyed it. Never played Luigi U, so in a way i'm getting a semi-new games with the purchase.

Jimez

Ralizah

Well, I just five-starred my file in the Wii U version. I guess there's some extra challenges to complete, but I'm pretty well done with this game now. I imagine it'll work out brilliantly on the Switch!

Ralizah

toiletduck

How's this without a proper d-pad? Is it possible to get used to it? Can't remember nor imagine playing a Mario game without one, but my current d-pad controllers (1 pro and 1 SF30Pro) don't really 'feel right'.

toiletduck

Ralizah

@toiletduck I played with the stick on my Wii U Pro Controller and had no issues.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

LilDoggo48

Quick Question, is it true you can download the game at Midnight EST in the U.S.?

Also if yes, playing Mario is a valid reason to stay-up late on a Thursday night...right? XD

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

MarioLover92

@LilDoggo48 On the eShop you can preorder it and it will start downloading. You won't be able to play it before its release date even when it downloads completely, but you can play it on midnight.

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

My Super Mario Maker 2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
Username: MarioFan92
Latest Level: Towering Treetop (XWR-Q76-MCG)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic