Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Posts 161 to 180 of 260

Heavyarms55

I still wish this had been a "New Super Mario Bros: All Stars collection" but the Bowsette meme it spawned thanks to that crown is perfection!

Also I agree with @NIN10DOXD in wanting ports of the HD Zelda games and the Galaxy games in HD!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

toiletduck

@NIN10DOXD I think I'd never need another console in my life if we'd get those. With the replay value of SMO, NSMB, the SMG's, MK8, BOTW, the HD Zelda remasters, DK and the occasional game of FIFA I'd be good for a loooooong time probably.

toiletduck

Dezzy

Wind Waker HD and Xenoblade X desperately need ports. Xenoblade X especially. That was such a masterpiece game that just too few people got to play.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Vee_Flames

Also 3D World. I’m not the biggest advocate of Wii U ports, but that game’s a masterpiece and needs to be experienced by more players. Plus, the game is perfect for the Switch as well.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

Xenoblade X, The Wonderful 101, 3D World and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE are the big 4 likely Wii U ports left. There's others that may come like Kirby, Pikmin 3 and the Zelda remasters but I think those are less likely.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Morpheel

I'd pay full price for a Zelda HD "collection".

But chances are they'd rather charge full price for each game individually...

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cobalt

@Yosheel

I'd pay full price for a Zelda SD "collection".

Cobalt

Honelith

When I first saw this announcement I got all giddy thinking it was Super Mario 3D World Deluxe for a fraction of a second...

Still glad to see this on Switch though.

Edited on by Honelith

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

Tyranexx

@Korosanbo: I'm not sure if you've played the HD version of Wind Waker, but the Swift Sail makes the sailing much, much easier.

The trick is to luck out at the auction house.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun (post-game), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bluemage1989

I played NSMBU at launch (ah good memories) and did do some of the Luigi dlc. I've been thinking of buying this again for Switch but I'm not sure if there is enough additional content to justify the purchase. Mario Kart 8 and Tropical Freeze both added enough with additional modes to make it worth while but is new characters enough. Saying that I've pulled the trigger on Bayo so double dipping is becoming more common for me thanks to the Switch. People would probably say about portability but I tend to use one of my 3DS systems while away from home so I don't see it as a selling point for me and I still have my WiiU set up and in use alongside my other consoles. Do you guys think this port does enough to justify another buy??

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

toiletduck

@bluemage1989 Ehm... Probably not... I think you've kind of answered your own question here now?
1) Portability doesn't matter for you
2) You already have the Luigi DLC (right?)
3) Your Wii U is still set-up

Unless you have little kids to play with, you probably don't need it for the Toadette mode and the extra modes (Boost Rush, Challenges, and Coin Battle) don't seem that revolutionary. I guess you could wait this one out

toiletduck

Beatley82

I never played these so I'm very much looking forward to it on Switch.

Beatley82

bluemage1989

@toiletduck yeah I know right thing is I know I don't need to buy it but will probably buy it anyway because I am illogical and have no self control I guess part of me was hoping for justification of my unnecessary purchases. Yeah I have the Luigi dlc just never got around to playing it through. I was so against double dipping pre Switch but nowadays I seem more open to it.

I have two young children so Toadette mode might actually be kinda helpful. Or maybe I am just using this as an excuse lols.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

toiletduck

@bluemage1989 1) use toadette as an excuse and 2) use portability as an excuse if you can spare the money, don't worry about it and be happy

So there I fixed the advice for you.

toiletduck

bluemage1989

Will be interested to see how long after this we will see a Mario Maker port. Also surprised were seeing a new Yoshi and that Woolly World wasn't ported first. Can't deny it's a fine looking game that could have done well pre 2019.

@toiletduck thank you for enabling my behaviour. From now on I will use the portability excuse every time.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Mountain_Man

Demos of this have started to appear in game stores. I had a chance to play it yesterday, and it's great. It has that classic 2D Mario feel that has been honed to perfection over the decades. Day 1 purchase for me!

The Mountain Man

Bevinator

I wonder if we will get a new 2d mario made for the switch or if this is Nintendo saying ‘this is what you are getting on the switch make the most of it’.

If they bring out a new one I will buy it day one as I love a bit of Mario. But having already completed this on the Wii u I’m gonna pass on this especially for 50 quid. Great game though! Hope everyone enjoys this especially those playing for the first time.

ZX Spectrum, Atari 2600
N64, Game Cube, Wii, Wii U, Switch
Gameboy, DS, 3DS
Xbox 360, Xbox one

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Grumblevolcano

I think if there ends up being a new 2D Mario on Switch, it'll be a Mario Maker sequel. Mario Maker negates the need for a normal 2D Mario so port NSMBU to act as a "while you're waiting for Mario Maker" game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SwitchForce

I suspect the Mario Make Switch is most likely coming down the pipe now that we have Switch Mario on Switch. That just a natural progression to not have one would be a utter Nintendo shame.

SwitchForce

Mountain_Man

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Mario Maker negates the need for a normal 2D Mario...

It really doesn't. Mario Maker is the ultimate realization of the phrase "quantity over quality".

The Mountain Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic