Forums

Topic: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Posts 161 to 180 of 260

toiletduck

@bluemage1989 Ehm... Probably not... I think you've kind of answered your own question here now?
1) Portability doesn't matter for you
2) You already have the Luigi DLC (right?)
3) Your Wii U is still set-up

Unless you have little kids to play with, you probably don't need it for the Toadette mode and the extra modes (Boost Rush, Challenges, and Coin Battle) don't seem that revolutionary. I guess you could wait this one out

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Beatley82

I never played these so I'm very much looking forward to it on Switch.

Beatley82

bluemage1989

@toiletduck yeah I know right thing is I know I don't need to buy it but will probably buy it anyway because I am illogical and have no self control I guess part of me was hoping for justification of my unnecessary purchases. Yeah I have the Luigi dlc just never got around to playing it through. I was so against double dipping pre Switch but nowadays I seem more open to it.

I have two young children so Toadette mode might actually be kinda helpful. Or maybe I am just using this as an excuse lols.

bluemage1989

toiletduck

@bluemage1989 1) use toadette as an excuse and 2) use portability as an excuse if you can spare the money, don't worry about it and be happy

So there I fixed the advice for you.

toiletduck

bluemage1989

Will be interested to see how long after this we will see a Mario Maker port. Also surprised were seeing a new Yoshi and that Woolly World wasn't ported first. Can't deny it's a fine looking game that could have done well pre 2019.

@toiletduck thank you for enabling my behaviour. From now on I will use the portability excuse every time.

bluemage1989

Mountain_Man

Demos of this have started to appear in game stores. I had a chance to play it yesterday, and it's great. It has that classic 2D Mario feel that has been honed to perfection over the decades. Day 1 purchase for me!

The Mountain Man

Bevinator

I wonder if we will get a new 2d mario made for the switch or if this is Nintendo saying ‘this is what you are getting on the switch make the most of it’.

If they bring out a new one I will buy it day one as I love a bit of Mario. But having already completed this on the Wii u I’m gonna pass on this especially for 50 quid. Great game though! Hope everyone enjoys this especially those playing for the first time.

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Grumblevolcano

I think if there ends up being a new 2D Mario on Switch, it'll be a Mario Maker sequel. Mario Maker negates the need for a normal 2D Mario so port NSMBU to act as a "while you're waiting for Mario Maker" game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SwitchForce

I suspect the Mario Make Switch is most likely coming down the pipe now that we have Switch Mario on Switch. That just a natural progression to not have one would be a utter Nintendo shame.

SwitchForce

Mountain_Man

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Mario Maker negates the need for a normal 2D Mario...

It really doesn't. Mario Maker is the ultimate realization of the phrase "quantity over quality".

The Mountain Man

Quarth

Looking forward to Friday next week! It has been long since I played a new 2D Mario game. This is my first in the New series since the original on DS. But 2D Mario is equally fun as 3D Mario: The three NES originals, Super Mario World and the Super Mario Land games on Game Boy are all part of my childhood!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

1UP_MARIO

New super Mario Bros ultimate deluxe.
Every new mario is here and weejee

Untitled

Am I gonna get it. Yes

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

subpopz wrote:

@1UP_MARIO I really wish they had gone full "All-Stars" with this release and put those other 3 on it (or at least the Wii one).

That would of been great and worthy title to be called DELUXE or at least NSMBDS or NSMBWii.

Edit. You wrote NSMBWii too. Completely agree considering this is full price and not as good as tropical freeze.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

toiletduck

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think if there ends up being a new 2D Mario on Switch, it'll be a Mario Maker sequel. Mario Maker negates the need for a normal 2D Mario so port NSMBU to act as a "while you're waiting for Mario Maker" game.

We've been over this before but that's just not true. Both 2D Mario games serve different (though overlapping) needs and player bases. In their current states, NSMB has its story and worlds and 4P local co-op multiplayer. Both properties that Maker doesn't have and very important for a part of the target audience. Mario Maker has also different characteristics which are very interesting (e.g. large diversity of levels and replayability), so I really hope that Mario Maker arrives on Switch too.

I do feel like it makes sense that a Mario Maker sequel is more likely (and perhaps needed) than a new NSMB entry. From a business perspective, it's logical that they first release NSMB. I believe a lot more people will buy both when the games are released in this order, whereas more people could skip NSMB if they already have Mario Maker.

toiletduck

redd214

If they went the Little Big Planet route, a full campaign that can be played single or multiplayer and an additional creative mode I think that would be the best solution!

I'm sure my kids would have fun creating levels but I've found that most UGC is just trash. Sure the cream rises to the top but 90+% is just not good. Would personally prefer they include both into one.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Mountain_Man

subpopz wrote:

I enjoyed the creative mode of Mario Maker, but as a Mario game to play it just doesn't cut it. Often, I was hard pressed to find levels that were fun to play. Full of ones that were near impossible, dumb mechanics (invisible block someplace you'd never think), automatic levels that you weren't supposed to even play, instant death on starting if you didn't react within 0.01 seconds, or incredibly easy.
Good platforming levels aren't as easy to make as some people think. Yeah, I'd like Mario Maker on Switch, but not in lieu of having a new full, actual Mario game.
New Mario Deluxe will fill the void nicely, though. Looking forward to it!

The problem with Mario Maker is that players made levels with the goal of beating other players rather than to entertain them. Creating an "unbeatable" level and having a low rate of completion was almost a badge of honor in the Mario Maker community, which tended to make player-made levels not much fun for most people.

Although I do find the idea of Mario Maker with a full and proper Nintendo-made Mario game included rather attractive. Of course the only thing that could hamper Mario Maker is if sharing levels required a Nintendo online subscription. I think that would be a deal-breaker for a lot of folks.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

TuVictus

@subpopz I didn't play it much just because most of what I found was "lol i made this hard level only .1% people beat it!"

I'm sure there were plenty of well designed ones, but I wasn't willing to search for them.

TuVictus

GeoChrome

Aren’t most of the levels labeled “unbeatable” or “impossible” just poorly made/playbait, though? I’ve never played Mario Maker, so I’m genuinely interested.

Edited on by GeoChrome

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

1UP_MARIO

Mario Maker is great. There are bad levels but so are good. You just have to find them and bookmark the ones you like. I still play the Wii u one and enjoy it that I double dipped on the 3ds

DrPeachGuy

I am hoping for New Super Mario Bros. Switch in return after this port. I would love to see it have Peach and Daisy playable in it. I feel we should get an original 2D Mario game after Nintendo gets the money back to make new games including having Peach and Daisy being playable.

Edited on by DrPeachGuy

DrPeachGuy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic