Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 541 to 560 of 742

WoomyNNYes

@Gravitron my after-game screen in ranked says "unranked" too, even though my player stats show the medal rank.

The initial FIND MATCH menu shows my medal and division.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

I've never created a party in the lobby & set up online matches for the party. Someone nice friended me and sets up online matches, but I haven't invited them or set one up, because I have no idea how to do it. I can friend, invite, create a party, but after that, I have no idea how setting up online matches after that for a party. Does anyone have a link to a guide or video?

After 400 hours in Rocket Leauge, I don't think players at my level will understand that I don't know what I'm doing yet, or have the patience for it. And typing on the Switch is so inefficient, it compounds the issue.

I'd tag some NL users here, but it feels like giving someone a homework assignment. I've searched and haven't had luck. After a friend accepts an invite, am I restricted to only doing 2v2 online?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Mintendo

@WoomyNNYes Isn’t it just like when you search for games when playing alone? The party leader (with the little flag on the avatar) can search for any type of game in the playlist. So if there’s two of you in a party it might be an idea to go 2v2.

Dan™
SW-6118-9125-9707

gcunit

@WoomyNNYes The term 'pool shot' is a new one on me. What does it mean?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit pool shot = you hit another player's car into the ball to make a shot at goal, like when shooting pool/billiards. I discovered the term a couple months ago. If you open your rocket league player stats, "pool shots" are counted. Along with normal stuff, like goals, saves, demolitions, bicycle kick goals.

In that clip above, my teammate roguegiraffe gets credit for the goal because i technically didn't hit the ball. I rammed another player, LOCURABLUE, into the ball for that shot. Unintentional, but that's what happened.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

gcunit

@WoomyNNYes Cool, thanks for taking the time to fill me in. So, you didn't get credited with the goal because you weren't the last team member to touch the ball, but your account gets credited with a pool shot - is that right?

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit Yeah, I didn't get credit for the goal because that car got in the way, and technically I didn't make contact with the ball, even though it's clearly my move making that goal. "ROGUEGIRAFFE671" was a teammate getting credit for the shot. You can see his amazed reaction for getting awarded the goal when he quick-chats, "Okay.".

Actually, it doesn't look like I got awarded for the pool shot in that clip. I've seen videos where "pool shot" points get awarded in-game with that orange font notification below the clock, just like when you make a save, goal, or center the ball.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

gcunit

So Boomer Ball eh?

I gave it a game and a half, but I was getting a sore neck watching the ball bounce continuously from floor to ceiling again and again.

I'll stick with the main game. It's not like I don't suck enough at the basics.

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit did you like the beach ball mode last week? I had some fun, but I kept getting matched with really high skill players, and I was getting dunked on a bit much.

'Tendo liker

gcunit

@WoomyNNYes I missed that one, sounds fun though. I'm an occasional player only. Last night I was falling asleep but wanted to play something and I've found Rocket League is a good one for keeping me awake.

gcunit

I wanted to play a bit of Rocket League last night. Noticed an X flashing over its avatar. A 4.4gb update required. WTF IS GOING ON? Why is this game constantly swelling by such large amounts? Every time I have a gap of playing it for more than a couple of weeks they seem to add another 3-5gb update to it. I really wish you could still play it without the update - it's just a constant SD card hog and I've had enough.

WoomyNNYes

@gcunit Could it be all the new customizations? All the new explosions, wheels, decals. Also, they've been setting up month-long special match modes, like Heatseeker, Beach Ball mode. There was a news post this week that said there would be a new series of blueprints to collect. If it's more than that, maybe they pre-installed new content or envirionments that haven't been released yet?

Nintendo.com seems to have not been updated over time, says "3.2 GB". 🤪 I'm guessing 3.2 GB was the original game size. But yeah, eshop & my data managment agree the game's current size is 8.8 GB.

'Tendo liker

OorWullie

Rocket League is going Free to Play this summer. I had a feeling it would eventually, especially after being bought by Epic. As long as they don't tamper with the base game and they've said they won't, I'm fine with this. It'll make it even easier to find opponents than it already is. Tournaments should also be easier to set up for those of us without superhuman skills.

For those of us who bought the game, we're getting some free perks.

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-going-free-to...

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Dogorilla

Are the bonuses available yet for people who bought the game before it went free to play, and if so how do you get them? Or are they automatically added to your inventory? I think there are some items in there that i didn't have before but it's been so long since I've played the game that I'm not sure where they came from.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Dogorilla

@WoomyNNYes Has that not already happened? I thought it had but I'm not sure now.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

WoomyNNYes

@Dogorilla The way they talked about it, I thought it already happened too, and I never noticed anything. So, I assumed I wasn't included for some reason. I got Rocket League two years ago on the switch, and haven't played it on any other console.

Edit, do you know what banner title or parts to look for, to see is we got the bonus stuff(which was actually older stuff, I thought, like wheels, etc)?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

sixrings

Will you need NSO to play?

sixrings

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic