Forums

Topic: Resident Evil - Switch releases

Posts 101 to 120 of 257

NintendoByNature

https://nintendoeverything.com/heaven-dust-footage/

Figured I'd post this in the resident evil thread since it might as well be a spin off to the series, albeit, a light version. This is coming to switch in a couple weeks or so, and I have to say, it looks decent enough for 8 bucks. I mean, it has all the makings of an RE game (herbs that you can combine, codes to enter, diaries to read, small inventory, mansion to explore, and of course, ZOMBIES!!). I might check this out but I do have alot to play atm. It's definitely on my radar.

Again, I'm only posting it here since this seems like the audience this game is targeting.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Ninfan

How many resident evil games is there.

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Ninfan

I couldn't find a eternal darkness thread so I'll ask here, is there going to be a game similar to eternal darkness released anytime, does anyone know ?

Ninfan

Dezzy

Ninfan wrote:

How many resident evil games is there.

There are quite a few spin off games as well as the main series, so overall there are quite a lot.

The main series though is basically:

RE1, RE2, RE3, Code Veronica, RE0, RE4, RE1:Remake, RE5, RE6, RE:Revelations, RE:Revelations 2, RE7, RE2:Remake

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

SKTTR

@Ninfan You mean Resident Evil games for Switch?

Resident Evil Origins Collection (Retail)
Resident Evil [Remake] (Download)
Resident Evil Zero (Download)

Resident Evil - Triple Pack (Retail)
Resident Evil 4 [HD] (Download)
Resident Evil 5 (Download)
Resident Evil 6 (Download)

Resident Evil Revelations Collection (Retail)
Resident Evil Revelations (Download)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Download)

Biohazard - Resident Evil 7 - Cloud Version (Japan Stream only)

Untitled

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Ninfan

@SKTTR I see your in germany, do you have a nintendo gamecube broadband adaptor

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

SKTTR

@Ninfan
Nope, gave my Gamecube away when I got a Wii (with Gamecube backwards compatibility).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

NintendoByNature

Resident evil games discounted except revelations. I might grab 6 at only 15 bones. Worth it as a solo experience? It's got me thinking to grab it lol...

NintendoByNature

klingki

Yeah, I think I'm gonna complete the collection with 5 and 6 (not counting the Revelations games as I don't have those).

klingki

Daniel36

TheLightSpirit wrote:

You can't beat playing Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. There's just something about playing a game on the original Platform it came out on.

Wii though... perfect controls. Just perfect.

Daniel36

MarioBrickLayer

I have never played a resident evil game! I read the "Feature: Best Resident Evil Games Of All Time" article, so Resident Evil 4 and the original are the best ones to get?

MarioBrickLayer

JoyBoy

Daniel36 wrote:

TheLightSpirit wrote:

You can't beat playing Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube. There's just something about playing a game on the original Platform it came out on.

Wii though... perfect controls. Just perfect.

I have never had much interest in the Wii version exactly because it seemed too "perfect". As far as I'm aware, the game(AI) never got adjusted to the pointer controls. To me it seems to remove all tension from the game(too easy) and it messes with the original design philosophy.

The only thing bothering me about this "new" version is that there something weird going on with lasersight? It flickers when aiming still? Not sure how bad it is in practice. Oh and I guess it looks better on the GameCube because it isn't as clean so you forgive the ugly textures. It's more ambiguous.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Zeldafan79

Are these releases any better or different than the ones on PS4 or do they pretty much run and look about the same? Still wish somebody would attempt to get RE 7 or RE 2 remake running on switch. Do you suppose that's even possible?

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Magician

@Zeldafan79 - RE 2 Remake, RE 3 Remake, RE7, and DMC 5 run on the RE Engine. To my knowledge, the RE Engine isn't supported by the Switch. Which is why RE7 only has a streamed option in Japan, rather being available digitally or physically. So I wouldn't count on those games appearing on the current Switch.

Capcom haven't said that it's impossible to make RE Engine work on Switch. But Capcom seem to hint towards something along the lines of the cost not being worth the effort. So maybe when we get the Switch's successor in a few years we'll see those games on a Nintendo platform?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

javierferrerm

@AndyD I advise against it. RE6 is the least-Resident-Evil Resident Evil game. If you want to go for the classic, horror, claustrophobic experience that launched the series, REmake is a good bet. That's where I started. However, RE4 is probably the best RE there is, and lauded as one of the best games ever. It leans more toward action, and the world is way more wide, though.

javierferrerm

NintendoByNature

@AndyD 5 is pretty nice and easy i would say, 4 is better but longer..usually my preference when going into a new or newer series is playing shorter games to see if I'm into them. 6 is relatively long.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic