Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 641 to 660 of 2,230

Alantor28

@FaeKnight Amen to that, brother. But like geez, those idiots think the Online Service is a bad idea to begin with. Smh.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

FaeKnight

@Alantor28 Almost every time I check my friends list, the people showing as online are playing an NES game. Even the ones who normally play only Splatoon 2 or Mario Kart.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Alantor28

@FaeKnight Nice! Hmm... I wonder if those who are against the Online Service on this site are playing NES games on the Switch. The ones not on your friends list.

Grumblevolcano

Only NES games are still very lame though other parts of the service have potential. Like Mario Tennis Aces going from stats saved locally to stats saved on a server suggests one day Splatoon 2 could get cloud saves and outside of the first backup of games you own before you subscribe, cloud saves seem to have been done well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Alantor28

@Grumblevolcano True. On another note, I decided to end my feud with Yorumi. I realized I was being foolish with arguing with him and I would like to make amens with both him and Cobalt.

Other than that, I hope more NES games get released soon after this year. Plus I hope they add more Nintendo console games soon.

dres

I love NES games, so I think it's a fantastic service and great price. SNES games + more will definitely come down the line, so It's going to be better and better. Nintendos Classics Netflix. Love it.

Some people complain about they never going to own those games, and that VC is dead. But has anyone thought about, that Nintendo could just remove the DRM verification of the Nintendo Switch Online classic game app once, and you would then suddenly "own" all the games it contains? The games are directly downloaded to your Switch storage, so it's content is all there until you remove it yourself.

In many years from now, when the Switch isn't getting produced anymore, and everyone has moved on to Super Switch 3, Nintendo could close down the Online Service for the current Switch, and in the same time remove the DRM from the app. That could be their final update for the Switch. Making all the classic games available to you forever.

Not sure they would bother, but it could happen. Would be a nice gesture from them, and they would not loose to much, because Switch would then just be an old legacy system at that time, that not many people would use anyway. Like with the Wii today.

dres

ValhallaOutcast

@Grumblevolcano not that I agree but you know darn well things are drip feed to us, what are they going to release in 2 years from now, 3 years from now 4 years from now if we got the entire NES, SNES, 64 libraries all on launch day?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

dres

Did anyone pre-order the NES controllers from Nintendo.co.uk? And if so, did you receive a confirmation mail of your purchase? Thanks.

dres

ValhallaOutcast

@GameOtaku 5 games for 20 or 20 games for $100 over 5 years sounds like a good deal since VC would be at least $5 a game

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Grumblevolcano

@ValhallaOutcast I wasn't expecting everything at once either, rather more like the Wii VC launch. Say the launch lineup being something like:

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Mario Kart Double Dash
  • A Link to the Past
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Super Metroid
  • F-Zero GX
  • Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
  • Earthbound
  • Wario World
  • Paper Mario
  • Wave Race 64
  • 1080 Snowboarding
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Star Fox 64
  • Urban Champion

Then say these are the rest of the year's additions (1 from each supported system):
October - The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, Luigi's Mansion
November - Metroid, Star Fox, Donkey Kong 64, Four Swords Adventures
December - Kid Icarus, Star Fox 2, Yoshi's Story, Super Mario Sunshine

That's what allowed the Wii VC to be so fantastic, there was a variety of games from a variety of systems.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

Personally would’ve like the nes games to be a icon next to the settings and not a app.
Tried the voice chat and have to say I’m impressed how easy it is to use. Not for everyone but impressive. Would like a feature on the app like who’s online and what their playing and message similar to the PlayStation app I use to use for the ps3

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Alantor28

Wonder what NES games we will get in 2019.

Alantor28

Camo-joe wrote:

Idk i like the menu layout and the speed of it all and a couple of games but the rest uh no you can only play with friends online, why? also we still don't know any of the special offers yet other than the Nes controllers. so who would want to buy it unless your like me and haven't played most of the Nes games the only thing you would want it for is the cloud saves, and even then the cloud saves aren't great, my point is those rewards hopefully are good (which they won't be they will probably just be discounts) which then i think why not put that in My Nintendo, hopefully Nintendo will improve this system.

I hope so too. Fan feedback is a good way to improve a online service. Hopefully Nintendo listen to the fan feedback. I will enjoy the Online Service until they improve it.

OfNullAndVoid

@ValhallaOutcast Don't forget they will be adding new games over time. Right now we now we're getting another 9 games over the next 3 months. If that flow of games remains the same, we'd be looking at the initial 20 games the first month, then 33 games over the next 11 months, for a total of 53 games, so if you subbed for a year, you paid $20 for 53 games, or about $0.38/game.

For me the service is rather nice, since I'm not a big spender when it comes to games, which means I end up being very picky about the games I buy. I used to do a lot (and I mean a LOT) of renting of games to see if I liked them before buying them. With this service, I can finally try out games I'm not sure I might like, and play them. For example, I'm not sure I would have liked Gradius since I'm not that great at shoot'm'ups, but this service takes away that hesitation. Same with the up'n'coming Twinbee, and Ninja Gaiden because of its reported difficulty. Anyway, it feels like I'm back to "renting" games again, and for a reasonable price at that. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for other Nintendo systems to end up on the service

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

FaeKnight

Camo-joe wrote:

Idk i like the menu layout and the speed of it all and a couple of games but the rest uh no you can only play with friends online, why? also we still don't know any of the special offers yet other than the Nes controllers. so who would want to buy it unless your like me and haven't played most of the Nes games the only thing you would want it for is the cloud saves, and even then the cloud saves aren't great, my point is those rewards hopefully are good (which they won't be they will probably just be discounts) which then i think why not put that in My Nintendo, hopefully Nintendo will improve this system.

The current special offers are the NES controllers and an NSO themed outfit (shirt and shoes) for Splatoon 2 if you sub for one year.

FaeKnight

Grumblevolcano

Note that you don't get the Splatoon 2 outfit straight away, codes are sent out by email from October.

Grumblevolcano

FaeKnight

@Peel_Chucker I finished the stuff I had to do earlier then I expected today. Got Tecmo Bowl ready in online Coach, and set up voice chat via the app. Look for FaeKnight.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

GameOtaku

@ValhallaOutcast
Considering you would actually play the games you bought Vs the amount of games you would never play that are available. Pay one price and you never have to worry about losing access to them. Why is "ownership" such a strange concept to most people these days. Content can easily be delisted from the service just like Netflix drops some shows out of the blue as the avgn pointed out on one of his videos.

Why is crossbuy such a foreign concept to Nintendo? PSP/Vita/PS3 were interchangeable with each other when it came to classic ps1 games and on vita if you bought a digital psp game on your old handheld and you could redownload it at no charge!

GameOtaku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic