Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 2,232

Quarth

Another question: If I have cloud save data on and transfer old save data to the cloud, does it still keep the old data on the console memory/SD card memory? And is new save data both saved on the console memory/SD card memory AND the cloud save?

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia Yeah, I also just played some matches and it specifically gives a warning now after you finish a match that the results will be uploaded to the server and not to disconnect or power off the console.

@Quarth Yes, what happens is you have the local save acting like it did before the recent update and when you exit the game the local save is backed up to the cloud.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ValhallaOutcast

why does Cloud saves just way waiting to backup for most of my games with Automatic turned on?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

SpaceMonkey86

ValhallaOutcast wrote:

why does Cloud saves just way waiting to backup for most of my games with Automatic turned on?

If you start that game it will load up upon exit of the game. I had to do this with most of my games.

SpaceMonkey86

FaeKnight

MilkBone wrote:

NEStalgia wrote:

@MilkBone Splatoon so far seems to be the only outlier that does not store server-side profile data, but does not allow cloud saves. Splatoon should have stored ranks and gear server-side from day 1 like most other online games, so that's a pretty core flaw of Splatoon, however, fortunately, what looked like an overall Nintendo fail is apparently just a Splatoon dev team fail, while the rest of Nintendo seems to have had their act together more for online games (Kart, ARMS, Smash, Tennis seem to all be fine.) So boo Splatoon team, they're holding the bag on this one.

Wait, I don’t follow. So let’s say my Switch dies and I buy a new one. Shouldn’t my rank, gear and in game currency all be stored in Splatoon’s servers? So when I log in on the new Switch all my stuff should be there, right? Only things that may not is what gear is currently set and any other little settings. Or am I understanding that wrong?

No, it's all stored locally in your save file since apparently Splatoon 2 doesn't use central servers. which is why it's not enabled with cloud saves. The concern was that you'd manually back up your save when your doing well in rankings, then if you lost ranking you would download the cloud backup instead of accepting the lower in ranking.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

FaeKnight

The voice chat app? I don't think so, in large part because it's clunky and works with only a handful of games. If you're not playing Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, or NES games it's not supported.

FaeKnight

NEStalgia

@MilkBone yeah, apparently the other Nintendo games do it server side like those games too. I imagine someone in the Splatoon team is going to get a window office very soon. And then Splatoon will eventually, quietly, be fixed as well.

NEStalgia

Seacor

hatch wrote:

Do most people use the app? I know it’s not ideal and I’m not here for debates or whatever, moreso tips. What’s given you the best results so far? Can I just use the phone speaker and mic or does it pick up too much of the room sounds?

The Nintendo Switch Online mobile app has been improved with the last couple of updates. You just open the app and if in a compatible game, it automatically asks you if you want to start a chat session. It is pretty slick now.

Seacor

Switch Friend Code: SW-3985-3011-2038 | Nintendo Network ID: Seacor

FaeKnight

@Seacor The problem is that you have to be "in a compatable app", which is a small list.

FaeKnight

TuVictus

Funny enough if they figure out a way to get SNES games on there too I may find more value in it than i thought!

TuVictus

Seacor

@FaeKnight I understand. They will be adding additional games to the compatible list. They just need to patch and push out an update to the games. I don't think anyone expected Mario Kart and Tennis which were both recently added.

Seacor

Switch Friend Code: SW-3985-3011-2038 | Nintendo Network ID: Seacor

JaxonH

So...

I preloaded Dark Souls, and it seems to support cloud saves. At least, it doesn't show the message saying it's not compatible like Splatoon 2 does. It looks exactly like every other game that supports it.

And given the fact that Dead Cells and NBA 2k 18 and 19 actually do support it, I'm beginning to think Dark Souls also supports it, and there was some bad info floating around. Well, that's beyond dispute at this point since those 3 games definitely support it and were originally reported not to.

This is... great news!

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GameOtaku

Personally I would have loved it if they seperated the classic games from the online service and let it be its own thing like VC. Looking over the list of games available and those coming in the next few months I am only interested in playing maybe 5 out of the entirety so far. Wouldn't you rather play them Netflix style like a demo and then if you liked it purchase it for a standard fee? In 5 years time you'd have spent $100 if not more on Nintendo online and if you are like me an are only interested in the classic game portion of the service you may only end up with maybe 20 games you would want to play out of what?!

GameOtaku

Alantor28

I am enjoying the classic games thanks to the Online Service. But I can understand why people are upset about what they don't like about the service. Some enjoyed the service, some do not. But I hope Nintendo improves it so people can be satisfied.

If not, then we should just grin it and bear with it. But that's my opinion about this.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

FaeKnight

Considering the pre-launch bashing that was going on due to it being NES games and the current reaction now that it's launched... I think Nintendo hit a home run with the NES service. Even a few people who were bashing because NES games are 'lame' have been enjoying the games.

FaeKnight

Peel_Chucker

Wanting to find some peeps to try out the new classic NES online service with. My SW is 7215-5645-1028

SW-7215-5645-1028

FaeKnight

@Peel_Chucker I'm heading to bed soon, but tomorrow afternoon I'd be willing to challenge you to a Coaches match in Tecmo Bowl

FaeKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic