Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 2,230

FaeKnight

I don't think so, but then if you do I might not have noticed. Since my eshop currency balance had gotten removed for some reason (I'd had $11 and change ready for paying for my sub) I ended up using 399 of my gold points to make the sub less of an unexpected impact on my bank account.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

FaeKnight

@Moroboshi876 That, I'm not sure about then.

Wouldn't having to do a currency exchange end up making things cost about as much anyway?

FaeKnight

Moroboshi876

@FaeKnight Not really. As I already do when I buy, I exchange currency on the Revolut virtual card, no commissions there, just the official exchange rates, and use the app as a payment method. But anyway, 35 euros vs. 26 would be worth it even with fees.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Alantor28

I subscribed to the Online Service for a year. BTW, does anyone think the Online Service will improve over time?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

Azooooz

Hey, from the comments I'm reading, I believe you're enjoying the online service. How is it, guys?

@Alantor28 Back in Xbox 360 days, I've heard that the Xbox Live service was horrible. Microsoft took their fans feedback and improved their service dramatically. I can't see why it's not the case with Nintendo, because it's improvable.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

FaeKnight

@Alantor28 I do. New features, better connection stability, this is inevitable since they wont be just abandoning Online now that it's implemented. Hopefully at some point dropping the phone app in favor of built in voice chat using a headset too, but I'm not holding my breath on that. More likely they'll improve the app over time.

If they had decided to continue letting multiplayer be free, then most likely there would be zero work done on improving it over time. But with them charging for it, there is the very high likelihood that a team will be dedicated to maintaining and improving things.

FaeKnight

Undead_terror

I don't know if it's my internet provider or if Nintendo actually fixed something, but doing the connection tests online since last night, my connection has been improved!

Before my download speed from the range of 42-51 and my upload would be from 4-8, but after multiple tests, it's 60 down and 8 up constantly!

If they actually did take the time to improve the online and not just slap a price tag on it, I'm happy enough. I just hope that playing with people farther away or has power connection won't be as much of a issue now, but it did seem a little bit like that when playing with a random person on my friends list last night with those NES games.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

FaeKnight

I did manage to figure out what's going on while balancing my budget. Apparently instead of paying for the Octo Expansion entirely with my credit card like I told it to, it first paid with my eshop funds then from the credit card. I know this cause my credit card was only billed $8 and change for the octo expansion.

FaeKnight

Mallow

I subscribed for a year and pre-ordered the NES controllers. I like the layout and design of the NES system app. So far so good. All of my saves have been backed up, but I haven't tried online yet. It'll be nice to pick up and play these NES titles on the go.

Mallow

FaeKnight

I know... I've been playing those for the most part today, and last night after getting my subscription set up.

FaeKnight

DTMOF84

So how does playing the NES games online hold up? Is the voice chat any better than expected? I’m waiting to try it out with someone.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

faint

@OorWullie I’m assuming members will get certain discounts others won’t or will periodically be offered double coins for digital purchases.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Kimyonaakuma

I bought a 12 month subscription today, and so far it seems to be going well?
The NES games are a fun little diversion, the app itself is really well done and I'm looking forward to seeing the lineup grow. I was never a big NES fan but the games I've tried seem fun, even if they are a little basic. I'm guessing that they're saving a lot of the big games so they can be released periodically, but hopefully we'll see Kirby and Earthbound Beginnings soon

I've only tried MK8D and Splatoon 2 online so far (they're my main/only online games anyway), and Mario Kart 8 seems to work much better, at least in my experience. The online menus are faster, I don't have to wait 100 years for the course to be decided and the races seem much better overall. Splatoon 2 was better in matches but the matchmaking is still a bit weird at times, I was in a full lobby but a match never started if that's a common issue?

It seems like a service that will get better with time, but if one NES game costs £3.50 on the Wii U then I only need 5/6 games that I like on the service to make it seem worth it

Kimyonaakuma

Quarth

JohnG wrote:

@Quarth
Did you get an answer to your question?
I am wondering if I need to add my wife as a family member even though we both use the same Switch.
Cheers, John

Nope. Still haven't received an answer (have asked in several places).

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

NEStalgia

@Quarth @JohnG Multiple accounts, whether on one Switch or multiple Switches, needs multiple subscriptions, or a single family subscription for up to 8 accounts. Family subscriptions require a credit card or Pay Pal account on file as an eShop payment method.

NEStalgia

Quarth

@NEStalgia If I sign up for the family account with my friends (3 Switches, 5 accounts in total), can we play online at the same time and against each other? And does it matter where we live (same country, different towns)?

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Grumblevolcano

You can voice chat with random people with the mobile app in all supported games that also have matchmaking except Splatoon 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Quarth Yes! You will each need a copy of the game purchased on your account (or physically), but yes the 5 of you across 3 switches can all share the family subscription and play online at the same time. The only limitation of a "member" subscription versus being the subscription "owner" is that members don't qualify for the special offerings like the NES controllers only available to subscription owners. So you could buy the NES controllers, but the other 4 members couldn't. Other than that their service will operate as though it's an individual subscription, simply tied to your renewal (and good will to not delete them. )

NEStalgia

SpaceMonkey86

Cloud Saves

So one of the complaints is that the cloud saves doesn't support every game. I went through and uploaded the following games to the cloud...
Stardew Valley
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
Rocket League
Arcade Archives VS. SUPER MARIO BROS.
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Mario Tennis Aces
Super Mario Odyssey
NSO (classic NES games that is part of the subscription)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

The only two games that does not support cloud saves that I have is...
Splatoon 2
Fortnite

So that begs the question, are the only games that don't support cloud saves the ones that are basically all online? Fortnite has no save files, that's handled by Epic's servers. Maybe Splatoon 2 is set up the same way since it's basically 95% online (DLC excluded). Kinda like how Destiny has no save files since it's controlled by Bungee's servers.

Has anyone come across any other games that says doesn't support cloud saves yet?

SpaceMonkey86

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic