Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 2,230

Bass_X0

I want "cheat codes" to be added to NES and SNES games, not to ruin the experience but to make the games more fun, fair and accessible.

So for example, Super Mario Bros.

• Mario does not die when time runs out.
  • 50 coins required for an extra life
  • become Fire Mario if Small Mario touches a fire flower
  • become Super Mario if Fire Mario is hit by an enemy.
  • restart on the first stage of the same world you got a game over on.

The better the game originally was, the fewer cheats are available. Some of the really bad games may have to receive many cheats to fix them enough to make them enjoyable. Save states and and being able to rewind can only do so much. And of course you can manually switch individual cheats on and off at any time.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Ninfan

the games nintendo give with NSO, do i get to keep them or is it just as long as i am useing NSO ?
🤨

Ninfan

toiletduck

@Ninfan you 'rent' them during your membership. So if you cancel NSO, you have no longer access to the NSO games.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Zeldafan79

Why can't they just add a pay option to those apps or just put them on the eshop so if you wanna buy the games you can? I really miss the VC! What would be so bad about letting us have that option?

Switch online is hardly worth it for me. I don't play games online. I only paid for it to have access to the old games. Putting them behind a subscription wall is total BS!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

GameOtaku

@Zeldafan79
You are preaching to the choir! My thoughts exactly! I don’t see why NSO and VC can’t coincide.

GameOtaku

Zeldafan79

@GameOtaku
Yeah i mean honestly only good can come of this! I'm hoping Nintendo will get their heads outta their asses and make this an option.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Ceivel

If they brought N64 to NSO, which games would you like to see added first?

They better fix the trees in Legends: Arceus...

FroZtedFlake

@Ceivel Easily Oot and MM

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Oswinner

How much are the games on Wii U virtual console? I don’t understand why games aren’t just offered standalone on the switch? Say £1-£5 for a NES/SNES game and £5-£10 for a N64 game. Job done.

Oswinner

Magician

I wonder if the "10% back in gold coins" offer will be extended to Murican customers?

Monster Hunter Rise is almost here.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@1UP_Mario

Awesome! I didn't notice the article had been updated. Thanks for pointing that out. Although I think the service is lackluster, the 180 gold coins going towards the SSBU season two fighter pass helps soothe my ire.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

1UP_MARIO

@Magician i agree but it does helps a little and it’s better than nothing

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

pilot

I think its awesome that the gold coin offer comes right when I need to renew my membership!!!

Boutta go on a pokemon mania

Ninfan

should we not get to keep them game's, that we get free with NSO.

Ninfan

Sunsy

@Ninfan Nope, sadly the games were not "free" to begin with. In order to keep playing those Super NES and NES games, you have to keep paying for Switch online.

If the games were truly given away for free, you could still keep playing after a subscription expires. In this case, you can't play them unless you renew.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Oswinner

Which is best to play SNES games on?

4:3
Pixel Perfect
CRT Filter

Oswinner

scannerdarkly7

toiletduck wrote:

@Ninfan you 'rent' them during your membership. So if you cancel NSO, you have no longer access to the NSO games.

Good point. What I realised recently was that they keep your cloud saves for 180 days. Quite sad to think Nintendo won't hold a few Kb for a NES/SNES save file for when you're ready to resub.

scannerdarkly7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic