Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 2,230

Bass_X0

I'd like Nintendo to add cheats to the NES and SNES games. But the cheats would only be used to improve the quality of life for the player by making the games better, fairer and more enjoyable than they were originally. Those games that are already fair and enjoyable won't receive many cheats whereas known bad games will receive a lot. You don't need an artificial increase of lives in Donkey Kong Country, so you won't get any, but the Rock Monsters in the Stop N Go Station stage are annoying, so there would be a cheat to make them asleep longer.

And no, save states and rewinding a game doesn't always improve the quality, fairness and enjoyability of a game which is why I think these cheats should be added. But again, its only for the games that need them without breaking the game or making it way too easy. Not for the games that don't need them. Because harsh health, time limits, limited ammo, lives and continues are just not fun.

Who knows, with the cheats added, a frustrating bad game could turn into an genuinely good game.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

bpapa2020

Since we're getting close to the 1 year anniversary of the SNES games coming to the service, which came on the 1 year anniversary of NES games coming to the service... any thoughts/hopes on if a new platform will be added in September? Sure would be nice to see Game Boy games added, and perhaps Game Boy Advance as well.

bpapa2020

Magician

My NSO runs out in September. I don't believe I'll be renewing. All the NES and SNES games I would care to play are on my 3DS. I play mostly offline and don't bother with cloud saves.

I'm glad the two years I was subscribed were free.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blooper987

@Magician mines expiring November and I’m gonna renew it cause I need to be able to play SMW any moment I want. I would pay $100 for it if I had too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Magician

@Blooper987

You could probably buy a New 3DS or a New 2DS along with the virtual console version of SMW for less than $100. Why rent when you could buy?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blooper987

@Magician I have SMW on my Wii U, SNES classic, GBA, and my grandparents SNES. I kinda have a problem when it comes to Super Mario World but It is the best game ever made IMO so that’s my reasoning for justifying the Multiple copies I own. I need to buy it for my 3DS now that you mention it😂.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

porto

I tried to love the service, but it’s such a blatant rip-off it’s sad. The only thing I used the subscription for was Mario Maker 2, but I’ve since quit the game so it’s now useless.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

I only have NSO because it’s cheap and the odd game of smash or rocket league or mk8 or splatoon or Mario maker2 or Mario tennis aces etc

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

iphys

Do you think Super Mario All Stars and SMB 35 will be the only enticement to renew for a third year? I was hoping they would announce Game Boy or N64 games this month, but now I'm worried this might be it for the year. The NES/SNES game releases have really fizzled out if they're not going to start releasing games for other systems.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Maaryotyme

@iphys yeah for 5 pounds a year I was expecting n64 gamecube and Wii gaems. I gonna save that 5 pounds and buy myself a kebab this year

Maaryotyme

rockodoodle

iphys wrote:

Do you think Super Mario All Stars and SMB 35 will be the only enticement to renew for a third year? I was hoping they would announce Game Boy or N64 games this month, but now I'm worried this might be it for the year. The NES/SNES game releases have really fizzled out if they're not going to start releasing games for other systems.

Given what Apple Arcade has done, I wish Nintendo would take a similar approach.....find and fund some developers and put those games on their subscription service. Even raise the price if they have to.

rockodoodle

Marcalous

Donkey Kong Country 3 to be added soon cant wait

Marcalous

Ninchiku

My subscription just ended, does Nintendo or another company sell NSO or eshop cards online for EU?

EDIT : i mean other than amazon as it wont work for me

Edited on by Ninchiku

Ninchiku

Mr-Fuggles777

@Ninchiku you can subscribe directly from your switch, or are you trying to find discounted cards?

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Ninchiku

@Mr-Fuggles777

Id rather not do that seeing as Nintendo have had some issues not so long ago and i think its not the first time

But if you know about a discounted card i'll take it

Ninchiku

Mr-Fuggles777

I don't I'm sorry, I split a family plan so we get it for around £6 a year.

Might be worth asking around if anyone has space - there's usually people on Reddit asking to split a membership, and you can PayPal the money across to stop any potential scams.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Ninchiku

Ok i'll look around for it, thank you 👍

Ninchiku

AlexHarford

Are there any Switch games you can play multiplayer online for free? I thought Switch Online was free - perhaps it was initially? I don't feel I can justify paying the price for what it is and how little I'm likely to use it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic