Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 2,230

Magician

Just under 25 hours into Super Kirby Clash, finally got the credits to roll. I was awarded with 300 rare fragments for spending 10k gem apples. I'm not sure if that many fragments will be necessary for endgame gear? Anywho, with only 415/900 missions complete I still have a reason to come back now and then.

Alright Nintendo, what'll be the next NSO free game? Tetris and Kirby were a good start.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

RetroKj

NintendoByNature wrote:

Hoping some dkc trilogy gets dropped next

This is what I’m hoping for as well. Even if it’s just one of the 3.

RetroKj

DannyBoi

Nintendo should replace Nintendo switch online with something better. Nintendo say we will continue trying to improve Nintendo switch online which means they know it is bad, but won't admit it.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

WoomyNNYes

@DannyBoi If they don't want to give us games with the NSO subscription, people would definitely pay for the games in eshop.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Grumblevolcano

@Woomy_NNYes It's probably all to do with them wanting to take the 1 console per year approach. With most 3rd party games out of the question due to collections, there's not much left to choose from while being limited to NES and SNES.

My guess is new batch of both every 3 months, something like:

December

• Startropics II (EU/NA exclusive)
  • Fire Emblem Gaiden (Japan exclusive)
  • Ninja Gaiden II
  • Ninja Gaiden III
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Breath of Fire II

March

• Pinball
  • Urban Champion
  • Double Dragon II
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem (Japan exclusive)

June

• Earthbound Beginnings
  • Golf
  • Earthbound
  • Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War (Japan exclusive)
  • Fire Emblem Thracia 776 (Japan exclusive)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NotTelevision

Not a bad addition to the NES and SNES library.

Super Punch Out! is always a blast and I’m curious about Crystalis. A lot of people compare it to LoZ and heard the story was good for the time.

NotTelevision

DannyBoi

Arlo did a video on Nintendo switch online. And he says that Nintendo are not adding consoles/games to the service as often as we would like so that they can make more money in the future when they add them. Rather than make money from adding them now. I don't really understand what he meant by that.

DannyBoi

It's a good video. here is the link to ithttps://youtu.be/PE3rGiEQ8GE

DannyBoi

Imagine if Nintendo did a game streaming service! Wonder what twist they would put on that.

Oralet

Hey all,

My individual subscription just ended and I found this thread while looking for a family plan to join online. I'm thinking about starting a new plan if there are people interested. It will be in EUR currency so with 8 people it should be ~€5 per person annually. I'm on Paypal so should be easy to coordinate this.

Let met know if you are interested!

Oralet

Johnny44

I'm a bit thick when it comes to the online service. If both myself and another member of the family in a different country have a switch and the online subscription, does that mean we can play Mario Kart against each other? We both have a copy of the game.

Johnny44

OorWullie

@Johnny44 Yeah, as long you both have a subscription and have added each other as friends, you can play together. You can play split screen 1v1 or together with randoms.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Magician

Super Kirby Clash, 50 hours deep now. I never would have imagined that this game would get its hooks in me so deeply. If the game weren't pay-to-progress I'd give it a high recommendation. But as it stands, progression is gated heavily behind a paywall. It would probably take a non-paying player a decade to 100% the game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ninfan

What is this thread for

Ninfan

Zeldafan79

What service? All i see is a slow drip of old games and online play that really isn't any different than what i already had for free before they started charging us. Not to mention that I'll be able to collect my damn social security checks by the time any kind of decent library is available.

Oh and did i mention the old games can't be bought so that i have them forever even after the switch has long since been retired from production and the online is shut down? Yeah real nice!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

toiletduck

Ninfan wrote:

What is this thread for

Discuss news and opinions around Nintendo's Online service for Switch (NSO). Or lack thereof as some may say.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Ninfan

its only 20 euro a year for nintendo online service. thats not much to pay to use all their servers .

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic