Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,345

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature yay! The id is 9M5G8 if that’s easier

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RedderRugfish

Oh, are you guys playing Smash? Sure, I'll play a bit. Won't be as good as usual since I haven't played the game much in a while and I'll be playing in portable mode without my precious gamecube controller.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

RedderRugfish

I'm awful, me and my 2 move Mii fighter strategy

bimmy-lee

@ReaderRagfish - What are you talking about, you’re very good. Had a fun time playing you, but nature calls. I tried to call you on the app, but it didn’t work. I look forward to the next round.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

RedderRugfish

@bimmy-lee Sorry I didn't see this earlier, we're in like 3 different threads at once

I haven't been practicing this game lately, I got it at launch, played it for a month or so, and then moved on. So pretty much any skill I have is leftover instinct from that time and the previous Smash games. And using Joy Cons instead of my preferred Gamecube controller also didn't help. But overall, I think we all played pretty well.

I think I had the app at one point, but I might have deleted it, my phone is old and can barely run certain features of it. Plus it's late at night and people are trying to sleep.

Magician

Re-upped my NSO subscription through 2020 using only gold coins.

Too bad Sony and MS don't allow something similar.

Switch Physical Collection - 430 games (as of October 14th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Ryu_Niiyama

I wish I kept gold coins in stock enough to do that. I'll have to make an effort to put aside enough. Every time I see a sale I drain my stock.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@Magician It hasn't been well promoted but Microsoft does do something similar. You can buy Xbox Live Gold subscriptions (the other Xbox subscriptions too like Game Pass) using funds in your Microsoft account.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Magician not entirely true actually. At least on the Sony side if you have Sony rewards you get points for purchases, even movie tickets and trophies (until November at least) that can be used towards psn credit. Same basic principle

redd214

DannyBoi

I don't understand how Nintendo can not understand online. Yeah, they are much better than they were during the Wii and Wii u era, but they still don't get online. The Nintendo switch game vouchers(you buy it for £99 and can buy two games) which are supposed to be Nintendo's answer to PS Plus and Xbox live gold free games every month. Why not just give us free games every month? Easier than game vouchers. If they did give us free games each month with NSO, it would be something like free indie games and maybe every few months an AAA game like zelda. But Nintendo thinks that it they give their games away for free will lose money from lost sales. But they would make more money as free games each month with Nintendo Switch Online would make more people subscribe.

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi I disagree, Nintendo's answer to the free PS+ and XBL Gold games each month is the monthly NES games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, but PS Plus and Xbox Live offer recent games(sometimes old ones from like 6-10 years ago in Microsoft's case) And while there is demand for older classics to be brought back, wouldn't more recent games(zelda breath of the wild and Mario oddysey) being free on NSO draw more subscribers?

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

DarthNocturnal

XBL and PSN also charge $60 USD, compared to Nintendo's $20.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

redd214

If it weren't for cloud saves I would have no intention of renewing come September. Even though the family plan is $35 (3 bucks a month) it's very lackluster compared to ps plus, which is constantly on sale somewhere for $40-50. If you're still paying full price youre missing the boat!

Online play is still poor and the NES games, while classics, just can't compare imo to the overall free games included in plus on a monthly basis. The discounts alone make up for the price difference, last year I got Darksiders for $2, 90% off, highly doubt it'll ever be that cheap on the eshop. It's 80 percent of the price without 80% of the benefits so the price is a moot point imo. Tetris 99 is still great though

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic