Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 2,230

Jimez

I'm still hoping for the SNES library to be announced for the Switch. In real terms, it should have been launched alongside the NES games at the time of the Nintendo Online being pay to access. The online service Nintendo offers in comparison to Sony/Microsoft is pale. Even now, local play for Smash and online play for Mario Maker 2 is laggy to say the least.

Jimez

Magician

Very exciting day tomorrow. Nintendo adding 20 SNES games at no added cost is terrific. Although I already have most of these games already on my 3DS, I look forward to playing Pilotwings for a brief moment and Breath of Fire for the first time. It makes me wonder if Nintendo will get the license from EA to put SimCity SNES on NSO eventually?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Cotillion

Well, guess I'm keeping my NSO subscription. The SNES was the deciding factor and they're giving it. Hopefully though, the 3 games a month thing isn't 3 games between NES and SNES.........
New Mario Karts are great and all, but nothing matches the charm of the original.

The NES controller was a hard pass, but that SNES one I will be getting. It has ZR/ZL as well, which makes me think it'll work with any game as a Pro controller would.

Edited on by Cotillion

Cotillion

Magician

I assume we'll get similar "special" versions of SNES games like we did with NES.

Demon's Crest is an awesome but brutal action/adventure game.

Not as brutal as Zelda II, but close.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

NintendoByNature

I guess I missed the whole zl/zr thing. Might give it a look

NintendoByNature

norwichred

Is the SNES controller wireless?

norwichred

komodo182

I am very happy about snes games coming to the switch online. I might actually renew my membership when it comes due now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Jimez

Long overdue, but the SNES games coming on the 6th (for us in the UK anyway) is a welcome sight. Some great games on offer from the word go, which makes the sub just the more worth it now. Over 40 NES titles and 20 SNES titles for £17.99 a year. Can't really argue with that value.

Wonder if Nintendo will keep updating the NES app with new games, as well as the SNES app. Or will it just focus on the one.

Edited on by Jimez

Jimez

dew12333

Please can anybody confirm if there will be online multiplayer in the Mario kart game?

dew12333

Grumblevolcano

The Direct said "We will eventually add more to the lineup" regarding SNES games so I think October will return back to NES only for awhile.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Xyphon22

Quick question. I am going to upgrade from an individual membership to a family for my son when my subscription is up at the end of the month. If I want to add other people to it (my brother and a friend both have a Switch), do they have to be set up from the start, or can I add them onto it later? And do they need to have their own My Nintendo account to be put on it? Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

MarioVillager92

@dew12333 If you're referring to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, yes there's online multiplayer.

@Xyphon22 I looked up Nintendo's support site and I found that NSO memberships apply to everyone in the family group, including those who are added later. Check this link here.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

dew12333

@MarioLover92 No I mean't the SNES version, I thought they said in the direct that some would have online but wasn't sure about this one. Thanks for replying

dew12333

1UP_MARIO

@Xyphon22 you can add them in later or anytime you want

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

chardir

@dew12333 The online will be the same as the NES app. You can connect to a friend who essentially becomes player 2 in any of the games. Any 2-player game will work, there's no game-specific changes for multiplayer.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

toiletduck

Any idea when the SNES controllers are up for order?

Edit: more specificilly in the Netherlands

Edited on by toiletduck

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

antster1983

A friend of mine wants to know if he can use a Nintendo Switch Online subscription on two different Switches, as both his kids have one each. I know there's the Family Membership option, but can it be used on two separate consoles?

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

1UP_MARIO

@antster1983 yes the family subscription can be used in multiple switches

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

KnightWolf

Well tomorrow is almost over and still no SNES Games where are they Nintendo.

KnightWolf

Switch Friend Code: SW-4182-3941-5831

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic