Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,230

DannyBoi

This service drastically needs to improve, I like the service, but it is seriously lacking. There is no voice chat and no messaging on the switch(have to use a stupid lacklustre app for voice chat and messaging) some games don't even support cloud save(leading to loss of save data if your console breaks) the classic games offerings on the service are bad(only nes games) this is supposed to be the replacement for virtual console and they only offer nes games. That is not virtual console at all. In Nintendo's mind, they see the service as glorious and perfect, but it really isn't. Compared to PS Plus and Xbox live gold, it is a disgrace. Nintendo need to either a. Cancel this service completely b.replace it with a better one that actually has what people want or c.drastically improve the current service and give us a lot more classic games(n64 GameCube snes gameboy) make cloud saves available for every game and give us communication options that are actually on the console itself like Sony and Microsoft has on their consoles.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

rallydefault

@DannyBoi
None of what you're saying is wrong EXCEPT with the part where you compare it directly to PS Plus and Xbox Gold. This service is under half the cost of the other two at standard price. Once all three cost exactly the same, then go bananas with the tit-for-tat comparisons, but until then, don't expect a 20-dollar service to offer everything a 60-dollar service does.

rallydefault

TuVictus

If the SNES news is accurate, then it'll finally be worth the at the moment too-much price of online

TuVictus

BougieBeetle

What do you all think the first games for SNES would be? I feel like Super Mario World is a lock and then for multiplayer probably Super Mario Kart

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Anti-Matter

Um...
1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario Kart
3. 3rd party games

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

The same ones they gave us on the Wii and the Wii u and the 3ds and the Snes classic mini and the toaster

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

toiletduck

I bet they'll increase the price with at least 5 bucks

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

redd214

@toiletduck I thought the same thing lol. While it wouldn't be the end of the world for me personally, the avalanche of crying that would take place for months may not be worth the few million extra bucks!

redd214

DannyBoi

The one thing I can't understand is how Nintendo has been this slow to add more than nes games. They know we have been complaining and are sick and tired of nes games, yet they carry on and do nothing. Do they not understand the concept of improve the online service?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

TuVictus

I reallllllly hope they don't do this with each console. Like another year of SNES and then it's N64. Would like to play gamecube games at some point before the console is finished. But that's also exactly what I expect.

TuVictus

Magician

BougieBeetle wrote:

What do you all think the first games for SNES would be? I feel like Super Mario World is a lock and then for multiplayer probably Super Mario Kart

The leaked list of initial SNES games were...

Super Mario Kart
Super Soccer
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Demon's Crest
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Stunt Race FX
Kirby's Dream Course
Pop'n Twinbee
Star Fox
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Kirby Super Star
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Pilotwings
F-ZERO
Star Fox 2
Super Punch-Out!!
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Super Mario All-Stars
Breath of Fire II

...but I doubt Nintendo would release all of these on day one.

They'll probably give us ten games to start with and then add two more each passing month.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

1UP_MARIO

Just needs super Mario kart online.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Cotillion

DannyBoi wrote:

The one thing I can't understand is how Nintendo has been this slow to add more than nes games. They know we have been complaining and are sick and tired of nes games, yet they carry on and do nothing. Do they not understand the concept of improve the online service?

I really believe it's nothing more than afterthought to them. It's pretty much the least effort they could put into it aside from doing absolutely nothing.
The word 'effort' is big stretch here too. The only effort is the initial creation of the emulator to run on the Switch. After that, its just ROM dumping, so the only effort that's been made for many months now has been adding ROMs.
Why they treat it this way, I don't understand either. They're sitting on a veritable gold mine.

Cotillion

HobbitGamer

So who's ready for Super Mario All Stars?? Woo-hoo!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rallydefault

Yea, I mean, this is obviously Nintendo finally grabbing their long-await piece of paid online that they've watched Sony and Microsoft enjoy for years.

I'm surprised we get cloud saves at all, to be honest. I fully expected them to just toss us a few NES games every now and then and call it a day.

rallydefault

theberrage

Sorry I’m out of the loop. Are SNES games confirmed? Got the email stating my service is about to be up for renewal. I don’t play online at all. Leaning towards not renewing.

theberrage

Grumblevolcano

@theberrage SNES isn't officially confirmed yet though it's rather likely Nintendo will share any plans they have for the near future before the 1 year anniversary.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

Good point. Would make business sense for them to reveal SNES plans (if they have any) before most people decide about renewing their account.

rallydefault

ZuneTattooGuy

@rallydefault
Or even better plans is to invest their time and energy to give online members more member only options like the 2 game voucher or more free games like Tetris 99

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic