Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,230

bimmy-lee

@ReaderRagfish - What are you talking about, you’re very good. Had a fun time playing you, but nature calls. I tried to call you on the app, but it didn’t work. I look forward to the next round.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Magician

Re-upped my NSO subscription through 2020 using only gold coins.

Too bad Sony and MS don't allow something similar.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

I wish I kept gold coins in stock enough to do that. I'll have to make an effort to put aside enough. Every time I see a sale I drain my stock.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

@Magician It hasn't been well promoted but Microsoft does do something similar. You can buy Xbox Live Gold subscriptions (the other Xbox subscriptions too like Game Pass) using funds in your Microsoft account.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Magician not entirely true actually. At least on the Sony side if you have Sony rewards you get points for purchases, even movie tickets and trophies (until November at least) that can be used towards psn credit. Same basic principle

redd214

DannyBoi

I don't understand how Nintendo can not understand online. Yeah, they are much better than they were during the Wii and Wii u era, but they still don't get online. The Nintendo switch game vouchers(you buy it for £99 and can buy two games) which are supposed to be Nintendo's answer to PS Plus and Xbox live gold free games every month. Why not just give us free games every month? Easier than game vouchers. If they did give us free games each month with NSO, it would be something like free indie games and maybe every few months an AAA game like zelda. But Nintendo thinks that it they give their games away for free will lose money from lost sales. But they would make more money as free games each month with Nintendo Switch Online would make more people subscribe.

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Grumblevolcano

@DannyBoi I disagree, Nintendo's answer to the free PS+ and XBL Gold games each month is the monthly NES games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, but PS Plus and Xbox Live offer recent games(sometimes old ones from like 6-10 years ago in Microsoft's case) And while there is demand for older classics to be brought back, wouldn't more recent games(zelda breath of the wild and Mario oddysey) being free on NSO draw more subscribers?

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

redd214

If it weren't for cloud saves I would have no intention of renewing come September. Even though the family plan is $35 (3 bucks a month) it's very lackluster compared to ps plus, which is constantly on sale somewhere for $40-50. If you're still paying full price youre missing the boat!

Online play is still poor and the NES games, while classics, just can't compare imo to the overall free games included in plus on a monthly basis. The discounts alone make up for the price difference, last year I got Darksiders for $2, 90% off, highly doubt it'll ever be that cheap on the eshop. It's 80 percent of the price without 80% of the benefits so the price is a moot point imo. Tetris 99 is still great though

redd214

NintendoByNature

I was thinking about it last night. Some more exclusive offers would be sweet like a Tetris 99. Id love to have the zelda 1 satellaview version playable( if thats even possible) and other games like that, that were rare or region only games. I think it would add some buzz to the online app. Id pay $20 for the year for the chance to play that special "3rd quest" version of loz. But then again im partial to the series. Little things like that i think can make a difference. Mother 3? You want it? Subscribe and you can play it. Maybe that would p*$$ some people off ( being they wouldnt own it)but it's a compromise we can all get behind. Nintendo gets more subs and we get games we really went.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Cotillion

@redd214 I don't even think the cloud saves are enough to entice me to continue. I honestly don't think NSO is anything more than a launch-it-and-forget-it after thought for Nintendo that they just drop a couple 30 year old throwaway ROMs onto a month.
I sincerely hope the Xbox Live thing actually happens (unless there's been some news about it that I missed). I'll gladly pay them for a decent service on Switch.

Cotillion

shaneoh

Was speaking to the salesman at EBGames today, apparently people have been getting bad NSO codes with MM2. They return a "code already used error." XD

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Xyphon22

I have a couple of questions. I have an individual account that is tied to my profile, but my son wants to be able to use all of Super Mario Maker 2 on his profile (apparently you can play story mode and make courses, but you can't even go into the course mode without an online subscription). So I guess I will have to upgrade to a family account, but when I went to do it a message popped up saying something like it would just cancel the individual account when it is up in September. But I have to pay the whole $35 now, so basically I would be paying for both accounts for the next 2.5 months even though the individual account will now be useless. Is there a better way to do this, or is the best way probably just to talk my son into waiting the two months and signing up for a family account like the day before my old one expires so there is little overlap and I also don't lose my NES privileges for letting the subscription lapse?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic