Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 801 to 820 of 2,747

Octane

@shadow-wolf It most definitely says 'evolve' in the Pokemon sense of the word. Maybe they're just trolling a bit. Maybe they're foreshadowing something, but it doesn't have to be revealed this week. I don't know. But the timing is... interesting.

Octane

shadow-wolf

@Octane Idk I think "this week you will evolve?" means "this week will you make a small change in your life for the better?" I doubt they meant to hint at an evolution. Although the inclusion of Eevee in the movie is interesting, Eevee (although popular) often ends up evolving when belonging to a main character. So it's quite possible that Eevee's new evolution could be unveiled in the movie.

shadow-wolf

DanteSolablood

@Shadow-wolf I think what @Octane means is that the tweet is in Japanese, which means that the word evolve literally means evolving in a pokémon sense - words have different characters dependent on their actual use/meaning in that language.

However, I don't think this necessarily refers to a new eeveelution as the possible answers only seem to ask whether you want to evolve, not that you'll evolve into anything new. Who knows?

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@DanteSolablood OK that makes more sense. But still, I'm going to be skeptical until we get actual news. No point in getting hyped over something that may or may not be indicating something in the future.

shadow-wolf

DanteSolablood

@shadow-wolf My thoughts exactly, the tweet could mean a lot of different things. There are other possible leaks that point to another eeveelution such as "coming soon" toy catalogues having blacked out pokémon toys which are normally situated near an eevee... but again, could just be coincidence OR an eevee with a really cool hat.

Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@DanteSolablood Yeah you're right, best not to get hopes up. A lot of people are speculating on a new Eevee evolution but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just, as you said, an eevee with a really cool hat lol. Although I do feel they promote Eevee quite a bit every time there's a new evolution incoming.

shadow-wolf

Snagrio

I have a gut feeling like we're gonna get something in April.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AlliMeadow

@Octane I usually don't trust Pokéjungle when it comes to "leaks". I wouldn't be surprised if he just came up with the rumour to generate more clicks. The fact that he doesn't want to reveal the image is one thing, but what makes me even more suspicious is this line of text in particular:

"One more thing… the route looked suspiciously like one we’ve traveled before in a previous game. Hmm…"

I see no reason for him to not explicitly state what route the supposed leak looks like except to generate hype and speculation, and thus even more clicks in the future. Pokéjungle has, as long as I've been aware of the site, thrived on pre-game "theories", rumours, and "leaks", and I wouldn't be surprised if most people only check it out during pre-game periods where rumours are bountiful.

Of course he has been providing proper leaks previously, but for a guy who is willing to post even the most ridiculous of rumours, providing proper leaks is bound to happen from time to time.

That being said, I personally wouldn't mind a return to Kanto in 3D. Preferably with a brand new story and new characters, an expanded Pokédex, hopefully with Kantonian forms of other regions Pokémon and the return of the Sevii Islands. Although I would be very surprised if the first Pokémon games for the Switch wasn't a brand new region with brand new Pokémon.

As always I don't trust any "theory", rumour or "leak" until Joe Merrick confirms them.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Octane

@AlliMeadow We shall see. I also said that he's planning to post the images in about two to three weeks, regardless if they're legitimate or not. Sure, it's a bit fishy, but Nintendo is also very quick with handing out cease and desist letters to any big site that leaks upcoming Pokemon news. So it makes sense he wouldn't reveal the image.

Anyway, the Chinese leaker that ''leaked'' the entire Sun & Moon pokedex through the use of cryptic images has reportedly posted an image of Rebootmon a few weeks ago. I haven't checked the Chinese forums myself, because I have no idea how to navigate them, but if this is true, it could indeed mean that the new games will be a reboot. Whether that's a re-imagining of the first generation, or a generation 3 type of deal (basically a cut-off when it comes to transferring Pokemon to the newer games) remains to be seen, provided it is true at all. I believe Serebii was also saying that he's heard that the new games will be coming this year, but he also said that he never said that it was generation 8 that was coming this year. Along with various other reports on how 'this game will change how we think of 'Pokemon generations''.

Anyway, I expect some official news from Nintendo soon. Sometime between now and E3 if the game is coming this year (and reportedly they were pushing GameFreak to release the game this year).

As for the ''leaks'' themselves, I'm not sure what to believe. I just post them here if I find them interesting enough. I don't really believe any of them until I see definitive proof.

Octane

Octane

@AlliMeadow Just in case you're wondering. The rumour comes from tieba.baidu, you can find it here.

Octane

AlliMeadow

@Octane thanks for the link! I'm not outright dismissing the "leak" as false, I'm just considering them as such until further evidence is provided, and I just wanted to throw out my thoughts about Pokéjungle and how I perceive it to be a site thriving on pre-game periods where rumours are bountiful and capitalizing on those rumours.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Octane

@AlliMeadow That's very true, and I don't disagree at all. Serebii doesn't really post rumours, and they capitalise on that. Pokejungle is the place to go for rumours during the months before a new generation and/or game.

Octane

Sniper_Doritoman

Why does everyone like Pokemon (a.k.a Pokeman) so much???

Sniper_Doritoman

shadow-wolf

@Snagrio @AlliMeadow @Octane I agree, if it's coming out this year we will see something at or before E3 - I highly doubt they will reveal at E3 but you never know. April or May would seem more likely. Remember, the first real info we got on Sun and Moon was in May so they could have the announcement in May and continue the same schedule of information release as they did with Sun and Moon.

Of course, the biggest problem with the whole 2018 rumor stuff is that Pokemon gens have been every 3 years since 2007. 2007 was D/P, 2010 was B/W, 2013 was X/Y, 2016 was Sun and Moon. So by that logic, 2019 would make more sense.

shadow-wolf

Octane

@shadow-wolf I don't think there's any logic to it. They will release the games when they see fit, if they're finished, or if they think they need a game on their system (although I assume Nintendo has less control over when GameFreak finishes a game, since they kinda operate independently). I mean, we used to get remakes every generation, until generation 5, and again with generation 7.

I generally don't believe that companies adhere to the weird patterns we find in game releases.

Octane

DarkRula

Any patterns you find are usually just coincidence. Mario Kart has been under the same three year pattern since DS in 2005, but if Nintendo wanted a new game to release in 2022 as the Switch was winding down, that'd leave all these poeple believing in patterns waiting for an entire year between 2019-2020 for any news at all.
People like to say this series has a pattern, but I'm really not seeing it. The longest generation was the third, between 2002-2006. Other gens have been four, with it only being reduced to three starting with gen 5. And now it looks like we might be getting a two year generation if the Switch game does get released this year.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

shadow-wolf

@Octane @DarkRula They can ride out the wave of Gen 7 for a bit longer, instead of rendering Gen 7 obsolete with Gen 8. As for the remake pattern, the remakes are only done once a console - FR/LG for GB Advance, HG/SS for DS, OR/AS for 3DS. They also follow a definite pattern.

That being said, it certainly can be voided if GameFreak desires to sell the game this year. Although I could also see them resting on their laurels, seeing as people are still purchasing and playing the Gen 7 games.

shadow-wolf

DanteSolablood

@shadow-wolf The problem with Gamefreak resting on their laurels is that Nintendo are pushing to increase the Switch's momentum & need another big release this year. I dislike pointing to unconfirmed rumours, but the same sources that @Octane has been discussing have pointed to Gamefreak being one of the first developers to receive early devkits for the Switch back in 2014... meaning Nintendo are WELL aware of what Pokémon can do for hardware sales.

It also makes sense considering earlier rumours of another game being developed alongside Sun & Moon.

@Sniper_Doritoman That's a big topic to cover! Pokémon is the perfect balance between abusing addictive tendancies in human nature (the collecting aspect), completing with others (the battling aspect) and just having a relaxing, fun time (the RPG aspect).

Plus some people just pick it up every gen to see how many of the new Pokémon are peadophiles according to the Pokédex (answer is a lot of them).

Edited on by DanteSolablood

Twitter:

Harmonie

@shadow-wolf I feel like trying to find patterns at this point isn't helpful. GameFreak has thrown away all of the patterns we took as the gospel truth in the last few generations. Like everyone expected Pokemon Grey, but we got Pokemon Black 2/White 2 instead. Everyone expected Pokemon Z, but nothing came (much to my dismay because I loved X and would have liked to have played through Kalos again).

The pattern of one remake per console just seems like an arbitrary pattern, if you ask me. I think back before no remakes turned up in Generation V, we all thought that it was one remake per generation.

The only pattern we have so far is each generation starts with a pair of new games, and all remakes are a pair like the originals. Even those patterns could be broken, but I'm not saying that's going to happen. It just seems to be the only non-arbitrary patterns that haven't been broken.

I feel like the transition to the Switch has to be a new generation. The switch from the handheld to the console realm is just too big for GameFreak to put another version of Sun/Moon on it. So many people were disappointed that Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon were 3DS titles instead of Switch titles, but it makes complete sense.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

link3710

There's always the third option: Start the generation with a remake (probably a Kanto one.) At this point, it would be pretty much a completely new game with how different Kanto would be, and would likely feature an entirely new story. Then have the new original region release as the next pair of games. With the improvements in patching and DLC, we might just see far more Pokemon added as the generation goes on than ever before. Plus, this would fulfill the 'reboot' and 'familiar location' rumors we keep hearing about, while spacing the next new region and set of Pokemon out to the normal three years.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic