Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 781 to 800 of 2,747

Harmonie

Yeah, Sun/Moon's solution of using specific riding Pokemon for the tasks felt very impersonal. I also didn't like how over half of them were G1 Pokemon. But I guess at least some of them weren't.

I always thought even if they kept HMs around, they should at least make it optional whether the Pokemon learns it is an attack move or not. That would certainly solve one half of the problem.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Haruki_NLI

The funny thing about Ride Pokemon is the make clear its specifically that specific Pokemon. It's specifically Hapu's Mudsdale etc.

So what happens if she's riding it and you teleport it away?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DanteSolablood

@Harmonie I'm wondering if Gamefreak may just go halfway & allow you to use HMs... to make Ride Pokémon. Only certain pokémon can use them (like HMs), but they allow you to use the pokémon the same way you use Ride Pokémon.

Was interested watching a few videos earlier where two independant "leaks" from very different sources both state that the battle system will be simplified & more similar to Digimon World and that Gamefreak was once of the first teams to get development software for the Switch (meaning they've had a few years to start working on it).

Obviously all leaks are taken with a huge grain of salt until confirmed.

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Octane

@DanteSolablood Most of those "leaks" are based on each other to gain credibility. And the most radical ideas get the most attention. Don't pay attention to those. There's no reason why GF would want to ditch the current battle system. They've spent more than 20 years refining it, or at least trying to. And let's not forget the huge online audience that keeps these games alive after launch.

Octane

Late

@sillygostly Defog really is the worst HM ever. When I see a place where it's needed, I'm like "I don't really want to teach it to anyone and I'm too lazy to go fetch another Pokémon for my team. I remember it being annoying to advance without it but maybe it wasn't that bad. I'll just continue without it." and then after a while I realize that I've made a horrible mistake.

I'm not a fan of Waterfall, Whirlpool and Dive either. I usually have just one water type with me and Surf is already taking one slot. I don't want to teach two more and limit my combat options.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Octane

@Late At least Surf and Waterfall are special and physical. I can live without Dive and Whirlpool as well.

Octane

DanteSolablood

@Octane Indeed, I appreciate that rumours create rumours. However, I'm not too sure about the "it's fine" idea on why they'd not change the battle system... let's not forget, almost ever generation there are complaints about the game feeling stale & recently many other big Nintendo Franchises have embraced change. You could easily have said "why would Nintendo change how Zelda works, they've been refining it's dungeon RPG system for 30 years".

Either way, I never put too much faith in any leak/rumour unless there is actual evidence behind it.

Danté: Old, cool & wise (the latter two are lies)
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Switch FC: SW-4146-5915-6308
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter:

Sisilly_G

@Octane : I really like your suggestion about "compatible" moves, where multiple moves can fulfill the role of HMs. In fact, almost any flying Pokémon should be able to use "fly" by default (as an on-field interaction at least, even if they do not know the Fly move itself), or attacks such as "Sky Drop" should also be able to perform the same on-field function.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Haruki_NLI

There are some inconsistencies though.

Would the myriad of Bug/Flying types that DONT learn Fly suddenly learn it? For reference the only Bugs that learn it are Volcarona and Genesect.

Also the notion of using Sky Drop to travel is hilarious.

Youll go up and come down hard.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Octane

@YummyHappyPills I was about to type that, but then I read that @sillygostly wrote ''almost any flying Pokémon''. Just like how there are some non-flying types that can fly; Latias, Latios, Golurk, Drampa, etc.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Indeed. It's weird like that.

Though Golurk using Fly is awesome. Pointless, but damn its cool.

Sisilly_G

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Also the notion of using Sky Drop to travel is hilarious.

Youll go up and come down hard.

The consequence being that the player will be disoriented every time they are sky dropped (and perhaps even hit itself in its confusion ).

Other on-field flying moves can include Hurricane (which will cause the player's hat to fly away and disappear permanently if they are wearing one, as well as ruining their hair, requiring a trip to the salon if they wish to dispel of their new Hurricane-administered do) and Bounce, which may cause the player to hop around instead of walking for a short time, and Acrobatics, temporarily turning the player into a trapeze artist who will somersault around the map for a short time.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

DuskformLycanroc

How about as a compromise, keep the ride Pokemon over system but have it so you can assign your own comptable Pokemon to each slot. Then when you page they get taken from your pc box a bit like latias/latios in ORAS. Then it’s more personal but you don’t need hm slaves.

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

NaviAndMii

Harmonie wrote:

I always thought even if they kept HMs around, they should at least make it optional whether the Pokemon learns it is an attack move or not. That would certainly solve one half of the problem.

That's a great idea! Being able to teach a Pokemon a HM without necessarily having to overwrite one of their attack moves would certainly get my stamp of approval!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

This week you will evolve...
Then there's Eevee's name and a ladder game that leads to the following answers: Yes, No, Maybe, and No (rough translation).

Is it a tease? Pokemon Direct this week?

Octane

Octane

So, there's a rumour from Pokejungle;

Pokejungle wrote:

• PokéRide seems to be coming back, or at least the concept of it. A trainer uses Lapras to navigate a water-based trail. The bulky gear that Lapras wore in Generation VII is gone, but the trainer still appears to have a helmet and sports outfit on while riding.
  • Following Pokémon may also be coming back. Whether any Pokémon can follow you or just a select few remains to be seen. In the demo an Eevee perched on the top of its trainers head while riding through the water on Lapras. It’s hard to imagine something bigger having that much leeway or how it would be handled. It follows that Eevee would stay outside of its Pokéball while walking as well.
  • Battles start by running into a Pokémon; unlike previous installments in which players would randomly trigger battles while walking through grass, water, etc this appears to show the Pokémon on the route swimming—until you bump into one. Whether they aggressively try to chase you down or not also remains to be seen.

One more thing… the route looked suspiciously like one we’ve traveled before in a previous game. Hmm…

They also claim they have pictures, but they won't share them until they can confirm authenticity.

I expect a year full of leaks and anticipation, and at the end nothing happens.

Octane

shadow-wolf

@Octane is this Twitter account an official account of the Pokémon Company?

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Octane Hmm interesting. Honestly I think it might have just been unfortunate wording. In this case maybe "evolve" means "change for the better" in regard to changing your lifestyle, etc.? No one seems to be reporting about it so I doubt it's anything super substantial (like "evolve" meaning Eevee gets a new evolution). After all the rest of the posts seem to be more lifestyle oriented not really Pokemon-oriented so I wouldn't be surprised if they meant "change for the better", not "new evolution announcement soon!"

shadow-wolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic