Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 341 to 360 of 2,747

DarkRula

The macaron-munching pin cushion

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Possible job listing for the Pokemon game on Switch. "Looks like the initial European translations for Pokemon Switch are planned to be completed between April - June. They will the undergo localisation editing. Editors are being hired on a minimum 6 Month contract." Which would put the game's release down in time for Christmas 2018.

https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?o...

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

KryptoniteKrunch

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Possible job listing for the Pokemon game on Switch. "Looks like the initial European translations for Pokemon Switch are planned to be completed between April - June. They will the undergo localisation editing. Editors are being hired on a minimum 6 Month contract." Which would put the game's release down in time for Christmas 2018.

https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?o...

Makes sense. I'm still in the minority that believes this will be a 2018 title. I'm thinking the big reveal will be at E3 and that will be a big factor in Nintendo 'winning' E3.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Octane

@KryptoKrunch It's possible. But it feels like they're rushing the game out. People have big expectations for a ''console'' Pokemon RPG. I want a good game, not a rushed game

It'll be interesting to see how they choose to reveal this game, since Pokemon has always done its own thing. I don't think the games were ever revealed as part of a Nintendo thing, or they had their own special Direct.

Octane

Ryllow

@KryptoKrunch Nintendo aways "wins" E3, and yet the only games on switch so far in this year are re-releases, if they planed 2018 being better than 2017 for switch they better have some big games stored for this year but right now with pokemon and M4 probably being 2019 games that doesn't seems to be the case.

Ryllow

Aozz101x

IDK... I remember people saying that, Xenoblade 2 was gonna get delayed by 2018. and it made it to last year. who's to say they won't do the same for Pokemon? although, i'm all for a delayed. if, it means we don't get a rushed mess of a product.

as for Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3, they are pretty much next year's big hits. although, Nintendo likes to surprised us. so, will see.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

StuTwo

@Tsurii absolutely correct. They just can’t win (except in sales - which they will whatever it’s like).

I’ve come to terms that they won’t give me what I want from the series (I want Pokémon BoTW) but Gamefreak probably couldn’t make that game anyway.

Doubling down on what they were doing with XY and SuMo by turning the series into an interactive kids anime is not a bad direction (even if it’s not my preference).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

darkfenrir

As long as they are going interesting, I would buy it. Hopefully they will (o-o )

I love pokemon and had been playing it for quite some time... but it's weird that my high time is still on the B/W series and not on the recent ones

darkfenrir

MarcelRguez

I mean, if the story is bad, the pandering is shoehorned and the series feels in need of a stronger shakeup than Sun&Moon's reskinned gyms, people have a right to complain about that ¯| (ツ)/ ¯

And I skipped the Ultra games, so there's that.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Kylo_Ren

I used to think that Pokemon was going to come in 2019, but recently I believe with all the evidence that it will be released between Dec 2018- March 2019. It is quite likely that we will get an announcement game between now and E3. Considering they probably started on this game in late 2015 when Switch Dev kits were given out.

Also here's an interesting leak, possibly fake, but sounds quite realistic. http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/34855618
I wouldn't mind a region based on Sri Lanka.

Kylo_Ren

MarcelRguez

@Kylo_Ren It's BS. He says he worked on XC2's localization, which was done by NoE. Game Freak and TPC handle the localization of these games internally, so there's no reason why someone from NoE would know a thing about this.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

StuTwo wrote:

@Tsurii absolutely correct. They just can’t win (except in sales - which they will whatever it’s like).

I’ve come to terms that they won’t give me what I want from the series (I want Pokémon BoTW) but Gamefreak probably couldn’t make that game anyway.

Doubling down on what they were doing with XY and SuMo by turning the series into an interactive kids anime is not a bad direction (even if it’s not my preference).

If you don't like that direction, then don't support it. You're just perpetuating bad games that way. If Game Freak isn't doing what you want, don't buy it. Let Game Freak fall on their face so they get the message that the fans don't like what they're doing, then they might actually learn something and improve the quality of their games. I swear, this fandom is starting to act like an abuse victim. They know that Game Freak is hurting this series but they keep buying the games anyway. It's high time this fandom stopped encouraging Game Freak's BS.

And no, XY and SM is not a good direction for the series by any metric (except sales, which again is a part of the "abuse victim" problem) and doubling down on it is just going to give us an even worse game. For one, the games are going to be even more bare in terms of content and region design. The storyline is going to be even more intrusive to the point where you can't do anything unless Game Freak says so and have to sit through longer and longer cutscenes. And whatever you like out of one game is probably not going to stick around the next game because "we want to be unique". No matter what you like in the games, you're probably not going to enjoy another XY/SM game simply because they do nothing to legitimately improve or build on their games, they just endlessly phase things in and out and end up stagnating in the grand scheme of things. This entire direction is simply just not acceptable for the Switch, which is a console full of high quality games that provide players with groundbreaking new games that heavily emphasize variety and player freedom.

It's true, they can't please everyone. Even BotW and Odyssey have their detractors. But they can do MUCH, MUCH better than they have during the 3DS era and manage to reduce the whining. Some of these complaints can be reconciled and balanced into a flexible gameplay style that allows the player to experience the game the way they want to experience it. It's just up to Game Freak to realize that that's what the Switch's audience wants instead of another cheap, cash grabby mobile-esque game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Inertiacreep

@Bolt_Strike wait a minute.. are you trying to say this pokemon is going to be bad? whatever dude.. this is a switch exclusive... nintendo is not trying to let anybody down with any of the big games they are putting out, they are trying to make this the most successful console ever... they literally have thugs with knives and guns at the developers throats to make this game good or else.

Inertiacreep

darkfenrir

Am I the only one that likes the story for SM? :< hue... It's not as good as BW imo, but it's still got its nice moment.

XY is kinda weak, but I remember enjoying it when I play it...

darkfenrir

Harmonie

@Inertiacreep Gamefreak, are a different matter from the developers of Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey - which are Nintendo themselves.

I think this claim that Nintendo is increasing pressure for development for more inspired titles for the Switch doesn't have much behind it. Remember, Breath of the Wild was developed for the Wii U. It was not a title that came about for the Switch.

Aside from Gamefreak being their own thing, what reason does Gamefreak have to make Pokemon Switch great? Pokemon Sun/Moon were MAJOR big sellers for them, and those games are the most mediocre main entry Pokemon titles that have ever been released IMO. Gamefreak doesn't even have to do anything much and the games will sell big time for them.

I'm afraid whether or not Pokemon Switch is great comes to whether or not Gamefreak wants to make it great themselves. They have to have that inspiration.

The quick turn around from Pokemon Sun/Moon to Pokemon Switch especially doesn't give me much faith in Pokemon Switch. I'm totally expecting a 3DS-like Pokemon game. It would be incredibly disappointing for me and some others around here.. But it doesn't matter when the money is made. Just like Nintendo is releasing all of those Wii U ports and making all of the money off of them. Nintendo (and Gamefreak) are a business before they are a maker of great new experiences, sadly.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

It's irrelevant what direction Pokemon Switch goes in because in any case it'll still lead to largely increased hardware sales which is what Nintendo cares about. It could be Pokemon Sticker Star releasing in 2018 for all we know and it would still make Nintendo reach their 20 million Switch goal.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

It’s all about the 💰💰💰💰💰

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Bolt_Strike

Inertiacreep wrote:

@Bolt_Strike wait a minute.. are you trying to say this pokemon is going to be bad? whatever dude.. this is a switch exclusive... nintendo is not trying to let anybody down with any of the big games they are putting out, they are trying to make this the most successful console ever... they literally have thugs with knives and guns at the developers throats to make this game good or else.

I'm saying the farther it is from XY/SM and the closer to BotW/Odyssey, the better. I didn't specify whether or not it was going to be good or bad. I just said that XY/SM isn't a good direction for the Switch games and that Game Freak should push the series in the BotW/Odyssey direction as far as they can.

But to answer your question, I'm not optimistic. They've already ruled out full on BotW, they just released SM 2 years ago and haven't given this game enough time in the oven to reach the heights of BotW/Odyssey even if they do wait until 2019, and they don't really want to expand their staff to the levels they need to make a BotW/Odyssey type of game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic