Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 341 to 360 of 2,243

Octane

@MarcelRguez X & Y and Sun & Moon were revealed on January 8 and February 27 respectively. Interestingly, both were revealed in a Direct.

Octane

Silly_G

@MarcelRguez : "Going gold" means that the game is ready to be manufactured/pressed, which usually doesn't happen until very close to the game's scheduled release date (I was surprised to learn that South Park: The Fractured But Whole went gold mere weeks prior to release!). The bulk of the content would be (or at least should be) completed months ahead of time, but last minute testing, bug fixes and additional content (such as side quests and say, extra trainers on the field) can be added right up until the point that the game is ready to go gold.

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

MarcelRguez

@sillygostly Really? All this time I thought it meant the dev team was done with the bulk of the content.

I guess it makes sense, since that's the point at which it can actually be sold. Suits the metaphor better.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

In this age of the Day 1 patch, 'going gold' doesn't really mean anything (although, in this case, Nintendo would be the publisher, so it'd usually be in a pretty good state at that point) ..plenty of work will be done on a game after 'going gold' - even post-release in many cases - so that particular 'development milestone' has rather lost its significance over the years

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Events | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Silly_G

@MarcelRguez : After the bulk of the content is completed, the game will then need to be fine tuned, so bug-testing, localisation, marketing (such as trailers; and don't forget the existence of multiple markets), and God knows what else, so there is still quite a lot of work that needs to be done. This may not be the case for indies and throwaway eShop titles, but for major AAA releases, the bulk of the content would have been completed a fair while prior to release.

@NaviAndMii : "Going gold" is not an indication that a game is 100% complete. It simply means that a retail-ready build is ready to be pressed/manufactured. Even ARMS, which is now finally considered to be "complete" (as of version 5) will continue to receive updates for the foreseeable future. Even older titles, particularly popular 3DS titles such as Mario Kart 7 will require staff in order to moderate and maintain the servers for the purposes of online multiplayer, for example. There are a lot of hidden and ongoing expenses in game development nowadays that we take for granted and I'm saying this as a person who isn't in the know by any means.

Edited on by Silly_G

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Grumblevolcano

@NaviAndMii Game Freak Pokemon games are an odd case because updates are still rare and a lot of event Pokemon still involves going to a retailer to pick up a code. So in a way Game Freak are still in the pre-Day 1 patch era.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

@sillygostly All I was meaning was that you were implying that even all of the testing (etc) was finished by that point...with Nintendo published games, that seems to often be the case (with perhaps some minor tweaks/alterations between then and release) - but, with other publishers, a game can 'go gold' simply because the deadline is looming, with plenty of work still to be done - so 'going gold' seems to mean different things to different publishers (no longer just a blanket term - a game isn't necessarily in 'x' state because it's gone gold - but, you're right, a Nintendo published game is usually pretty polished by that point...and, yeah, I guess it could be argued that game isn't even properly 'finished' until all of the additional content etc has been added post-release )

...but, since we are talking about a game that will be published by Nintendo, the point I was getting at isn't all that relevant (to this particular discussion) really!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

NaviAndMii

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, that's true - I wonder if they'll keep that going? ..there's something quite unique about going out to get a code from your local retailer to get an event Pokemon - it'd almost be a shame to see that tradition die out!

Also, just a word on these rumours - they are pretty convincing, aren't they? ..I won't allow my hype level to go above 'cautiously optimistic' until I hear something official - but, if these leaks do turn out to be fake, the level of fakery is pretty impressive! ..if they're true though, I'll be getting '1' - because '1' is for heroes and '0' is for zeroes!

Luna_110

@NaviAndMii
I do hope it does out. If you don’t live in Japan, the US or some European countries, getting that code is a pain. Specially if they are retailer exclusive!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Bolt_Strike

Seconding that codes should go, they're pointless. Go back to Wi-Fi/wireless events please, they're far more convenient.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal

No. Just patch in events. Then if you decide to wipe your save, they'll be available to do again.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

DarkRula

That's a good one. Why not just patch in new events?
Why not give players a reason to explore new places with a reward for doing so? Adding in far-off islands wouldn't be that difficult, or even take an existing location and add a new story element to it. Maybe even a mini-region that holds significance for a mythical trio.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Octane

@NaviAndMii A 40-minute drive to the nearest store that got the exclusive rights over the distribution of an event Pokemon? No thank you.

Octane

NaviAndMii

Ah - yeah - I guess it's easier for some than others...forgot that not everybody has a games retailer on their doorstep! Doh!

Bolt_Strike

The problem with patching in events is that they probably won't be free. Enjoy paying an extra $10 to get that event Pokemon that already existed in the code. There's far too much of a risk that Game Freak would employ EA-tier BS with that approach.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Knuckles-Fajita

To be fair events are far better now than they were in the pre-DS days.

Back then your only choice was going to a store with your game.

and the ARMS - NL Inklings: Spring Into The Ring Tournament (July 21st)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Octane

@Bolt_Strike And as with everything, people will defend it and will be fine with it. It's going to happen eventually... you know it.

Octane

andrew20

This pokemon game if it is set in spain or italy how big would it be and what will they have and what not and do you think about a kalos hook up with it due too they next too each other and they can add moccco as a post game or as part of the region you will end up still having it in the game at the strait of gabarter anyway why have people see it and not go too it but this is pokemon and how big they can put in a cart and italy will they add the islands or leave them out

Edited on by andrew20

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

andrew20

@MarcelRguez pokemon dose there own think now due to that camera toy can that may go with a pokemon snap game they may port pokemon shuffle
I hope they will port over ultra sun and moon over too along with gen 4 and gen 8(it be nice if it was seperate regions in each game)

Edited on by andrew20

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic