Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 2,747

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario they finally added that?!? When? If been waiting for that, kept checking NLs aces related posts for it and it never showed up. That's precisely what I expected from the game working the network test... That definitely makes it what i expected, now!

@darkfenrir i mean, it's A remake of Yellow... So it's the same size as yellow. Bigger actually with all the additions. Why it's "shorter" is they streamlined all the antiquated time wasters like micromanagement so thethe wild battles not being a mammoth time suck of endless grinding the same battle types so you experience the same content at a faster pace without, imo, losing anything, just not spending as much time killing time. FF might benefit from that kind of thinking, IMO. Even SMT had been into streamlining. Though.... It's still SMT with all the baggage that entails (and SMT is the original Pokemon.... )

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Since November actually.

Untitled

So there's a lot more variety in the tournaments now.

Anyways as for actual Let's Go discussion, my sister blew through the rest of the Elite Four and is currently doing postgame. She's actually enjoying it quite a bit, although I never asked how much compared to every other game in the series.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario ah, so it's a newish change then. That's fantastic, shame i now have a huge backlog... That's the game i wanted it to be back in June! Sounds like it took 5 months to make the game what common sense would have made it originally. Shame on Nintendo for that, i feel like they rushed it out, Ubisoft style, incomplete, but at least it's now a proper game.

If there's one lesson from all the game length complaints, it's how tedious and filler full Pokemon games have been until now. Keep the same game, remove the tedious time wasting, and it suddenly feels short and shallow to some... Despite being the same game.

NEStalgia

lordzand

I haven't even played it again since I bought it. People can say they cut out the tedious bits but I personally feel they cut out way more. Catching 20 Pidgey to level up is still grinding guys.

I wasn't impressed. I hope the new Pokemon doesn't embrace the changes this one did. UM and US were better than this and all everyone did was complain about them.

lordzand

NEStalgia

@saintayu it's definitely still grinding, but it's a lot faster pace grinding than endless battles to whittle down health to get to the rng pokeball. This one skips right to the rng ball.

And the box skips going back to the center to constantly heal and change party members to grind them.

Otherwise, it's identical to any other Pokemon. If you don't like grinding in this one, i can't imagine you'd like it in any Pokemon game.

@Tsurii I'm wearing the pikachu clothing set in direct response to you disliking Pikachu. I'm a Pikachu superfan now!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

DarkRula

Stock up on Ultra Balls, chuck 'em at full health 'mon. It still gets results. The only difference with the Let's Go games is mtoion controlled throwing.

I know it's all differences of opinion and that, but... As much as I loved the journey, I still missed the battles. Except for the overly long time to get to the command menu from encounter start. I don't miss that at all.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JasmineDragon

I'm standing with @NEStalgia here, I love that we don't have to fight every last pocket monster down to the minimum health for the capture and the experience. It really makes the grind so much less tedious and lets me cut to the good bits.

I really appreciate the QOL improvements in this game, and hope they keep them in the main series and/or make another Let's Go game with another gen's Pokemon.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Lroy

Just started playing the Pikachu version of this game last night. This is my first-ever Pokemon game, so any tips are most welcome. I’ve just been through the forest and am now in the area where the first gym is.

I’ve got about a dozen or so different Pokemon types, no idea what ones are ‘good’ or ‘bad’ or the most effective and what not. Think my party of 6 are all about level 8 to level 12 approx.

Any suggestions of what Pokemon types to concentrate on and what I need to be doing to level up properly before tackling this the gym boss - Brock? - would be helpful.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

HobbitGamer

You can use grass or water moves to make short work of rock Pokémon. Pikachu will take care of the next gym (gym leader Misty uses water types)
For an easy time, catch and level up Bulbasaur from Viridian Forest. Chaining catch combos (same Pokémon, no run always or different Pokémon) begins to give you more exp for your party.
Hope that helps! Enjoy the game

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

lordzand

@Tsurii yes just because I don't like it I must not have played it.

Edited on by lordzand

lordzand

johncalmc

Has there been any word on Pro Controller support for this yet?

I got it for Christmas and I'm holding off starting it hoping that they'll patch in a control scheme that isn't absolute toilet.

johncalmc

Twitter:

SwitchplayerJohn

I need honest help. When I got the new pokeball plus I redeemed Mew on the wrong profile. So I need someone to swap it to the right profile...also happy to swap version exclusives.

Nintendo Network ID: xboxfanuk
Twitter: @xboxfanUK
Switch Friend Code: SW-3726-7117-4602

Benjoo

@SwitchplayerJohn I can help you out. I need an ekans and a pinsar. I'll not be on until later though.

Edited on by Benjoo

Benjoo

SwitchplayerJohn

@Benjoo great just let me know I am UK time.

Benjoo

Same. Give me an hour or 2.

Benjoo

Benjoo

@SwitchplayerJohn I've added you. Give me a chance to put kids to bed. Then I'll message password here

Edited on by Benjoo

Benjoo

SwitchplayerJohn

@Benjoo same here...be about 20 min or so

Benjoo

Ok I'll check my switch in 10min

Benjoo

SwitchplayerJohn

On my sons account for the transfer cheeky monkey got the mew