Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 2,747

GrailUK

@Roselly My money is on totally new Pokémon!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Roselly

@Delibheel I feel like maybe Clefairy will become a starter because when you visit the oldtimer who has quite the collection of pokemon merch and pictures of his pokemon, there are three plushies on a shelf to the left of the couch he sits on, one being Pikachu, one being Eevee, and one being Clefairy (Clefairy being in the middle of the two)

Roselly

Switch Friend Code: SW-2696-3697-0684

darkfenrir

I have said it's fun game, just that it's not worth the asking price of me. ($60 for 25 hours I play it, yeesh...)

darkfenrir

HobbitGamer

Man, if Clefairy had ever been a starter I would have found a way to dump it in a pokebox loooong before Bill’s lighthouse 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@ReaderRagfihs Wigglytuff always felt like a lesser Clefable to me. It had a diverse movepool, but couldn't take advantage of it as well as Clefable. And during the later generations, Clefable was blessed with better abilities while Wigglytuff didn't get much of anything unfortunately.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Aphix__DeJaeson

Alright cool. Thanks for the heads up. Exploration sounds fun. Perhaps I'll look into it further. Cool pro pic by the way. Pure Legends! @Mountain_Man

Don't be a fan boy. Be a gamer.

Aphix__DeJaeson

I think I can agree on a $40 title. I'm usually a Sucker so I'll most likely end up getting this title at full price. I'll look into it once I'm in the city near a EB Games store. Thanks for the reply. @darkfenrir

Don't be a fan boy. Be a gamer.

Mountain_Man

I've seen several used copies at GameStop recently, so that's an option to consider if you want to save a few bucks. I recently picked up Super Mario Odyssey for $50, which isn't a deep discount, but it still saved me $10 versus buying it new.

The Mountain Man

NEStalgia

If people think this is a $40 game, what on Earth do you people think of your average 10 hour AAA game? .

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

NEStalgia wrote:

If people think this is a $40 game, what on Earth do you people think of your average 10 hour AAA game? .

Since those are fps / multiplayer in general iirc I don't have as much opinions on them by sheer virtue of never bought them. (Plays almost completely in single player games + fps makes me want to throw up)

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Most people's sense of value in today's gaming world is shot. They think the only games that matter are those with 100+ hour long shelf lives. But not every good game is like that. I love Xenoblade, but I also love games like Metroid Prime and Doom 2016 which can be beaten very quickly in like 10 hours too. And then they'll say that a 10 hour campaign is not worth the $60, which I say nuts to that.

It also makes me question what people want when they say there's no content in certain games like Mario Tennis Aces. Like, what do those people even want? Filler content like the minigames of the GBC/GBA games? At the end of the day, you're playing the game for the tennis. Even though the single-player isn't exactly lengthy at 3 hours (which is a legit complaint), that doesn't exactly diminish what it sets out to do with the gameplay, and it's still great at what it does. Same for a game like Overwatch (even if it's not my cup of tea), which has NO single-player. Sure, OW is being sold for $40 as a base game, but it's all about the shooting and not anything else. The other arcade game modes are also filler. Yet they'll say that's worth the price but not Mario Tennis? Yeah no lol. I paid $20 for OW and I still felt like I wasted my money, but I don't regret my $60 purchase of Aces.

I blame Steam/etc's "race to the bottom" pricing model that completely destroyed any semblance of value in our games. Like why should I buy any Sony game at launch if they're going to cut the prices so heavily later on?

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir I'm not an online gamer... But Splatoon sucked me in big-time...200+hours between the two Splatoons.

But then there's fighting games (excluding smash)...tekken 7 arcade mode is, what, 25 minutes each time through? But the base plus 2 dlc seasons is an $80 game. It's infinitely playable like it's coin eating arcade cousins. And we won't even talk sfv pricing (with adverts!) . Pokemon is still a largeish rpg. Maybe not xc2 or Skyrim sized, but big.

@EvilLucario yeah, you call say that again! I'm not sure why people that already buy lots of games are obsessed with length. If you buy only a few a year or less, yeah, it needs to last, but that's really where replayable games like online games, mmo, sports, fighters, etc come in. Rpgs could use some streamlining like Pokemon imo. Ffvii is amazing but I'd be more likely to replay it often if i didn't have to dedicate 2 months to it. So much grinding...

My only critique to why i kind of regret buying Mario tennis as too shallow is the online tournament mode. It's the games main mode, but features only one map, wasting all those wonderful maps the game includes. I found that out after buying and ended up not really playing because of that. It needed a better online or single player mode to utilize all that content rather then letting it languish in vs modes only. That works be like ssbu only using 1 map except in vs battles.

But yeah, otherwise, i agree.

Though i forget that Pokemon used to always be $40..... So maybe people got used to the pricing. I never really knew why the #1 franchise in gaming for an automatic $10 discount, though i sure wasn't complaining.

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia Yeah, I was expecting around 40~ hours ish though since that's what the RPGs I get used to. I don't mind shorter stuff, but I don't want it to be so short that it left me wanting and that's what I feel off Let's Go. (And iirc, last time I played Pokemon it does fit in the 40~ hours ish timeline, from Fire Red to now so... this feels like so much shorter )

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia You might like Aces more then, because there were patches that now let you play in all of the courts in tournaments. The finals is still Marina Stadium at night, but still it's a lot more diverse now.

Most of Aces' problems were not the lack of content, but a lack of QoL and options like not being able to play a full traditional tennis game.

But yeah, I don't mind 10 hour games. Or even 5 hour games (at $60) if the overall experience is so good and replayable. Nice, punchy experiences are always welcome.

Eel

It costed me 40 dollars brand new on day one, thanks to promotions and some "we are sorry" free Amazon money I got.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mountain_Man

As I say, a good game will always feel too short, and a bad game will always feel too long.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic