Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,421 to 2,440 of 2,747

Sisilly_G

HobbitGamer wrote:

@ReaderRagfish Because Alakazam can’t bend a steel spoon, only sterling silver and nickel.

Lmao

Brilliant. XD

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Sisilly_G

I found Clefable, but caught stone-evolved Pokémon are mostly useless as most of them do not learn any new moves. You're better off starting off with an unevolved Pokémon and building its moveset before choosing to evolve it.

Unlike past games, the hidden Moon Stones in Mt Moon respawn every day (at least two of the three are concealed in craters).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

farrow000

Anyone got a melmetal they want to trade for a shiny?

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

SwitchForce

Silly_G wrote:

Unlike past games, the hidden Moon Stones in Mt Moon respawn every day (at least two of the three are concealed in craters).

No way I was looking for it. I'll have to go always back again and look.

SwitchForce

Tyranexx

EvilLucario wrote:

Natures (which affect stats) are still in, abilities (which provide unique buffs) aren't. Which is good because newcomers to the series should not be introduced to the horrors of Sturdy... yet.

Both natures and abilities came along in Gen 3 IIRC. As a kid, I knew that the former affected stats but didn't really care about the competitive aspects it provided. The latter is a roulette; some abilities are excellent, some are situational, and some are pretty much useless.

I always hated Arena Trap on wild Trapinch in R/S/E. Instead of running like with almost everything else, you HAD to fight them....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haruki_NLI

JaxonH wrote:

Is there anything else added in that technically wasn’t present in Yellow?

@JaxonH Most of the mechanics actually working is probably the biggest thing that wasn't present in Yellow

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

EvilLucario

@Tyranexx If you had a Flying-type Pokemon or one with Levitate, you could completely bypass Arena Trap.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Tyranexx

@EvilLucario: It was primarily an issue when I wasn't in the habit of harboring a flying type on my team; my first couple of runs in Ruby didn't have one as I either disliked most Flying types available before the Elite Four or else thought they were too flimsy; typically I used that sixth slot for Aron or Geodude and their evos. I got into the habit of using Swellow or Crobat in later runs. I frequently kept HM moves on my main party Pokemon as I hated switching out for HM slaves. There's a reason why I welcomed the Pokeride mechanics in Sun/Moon.

I still traditionally build a balanced team that can be caught pre-E4 and bother catching little else (unless it's something I really like) minus gift Pokemon and legendaries. Then I start broadening my training horizons post-game with my favorites.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Eel

I got a German growlithe from a random trade (random dude joined my trade session while I waited for my brother). At first I thought he had a rude nickname, but turns out that’s just the German name.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

I got a German growlithe from a random trade (random dude joined my trade session while I waited for my brother). At first I thought he had a rude nickname, but turns out that’s just the German name.

It took me a moment after looking it up, but...yeah. XD Thankfully the German equivalent of what you're referring to is spelled differently.

Arcamenel

For as long as I remember my playthroughs up to the E4 have always consisted of a Water, Fire, Grass, and Flying type with the last two slots being filled with whatever I found along the way that I liked. It's usually a Psychic and Dragon type although a Fairy type has become somewhat of a staple over Dragon these last two generations.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

NEStalgia

So the saga of my returns is after the black friday rush on Pikachus, nobody has inventory to exchange. I may end up stuck with Eevie, but I have until January to return still. Which means I have to wait until maybe January to play this game

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

I try to use dual types since they're easier to come by these days, but my main team generally consists of a grass type, fire type, water type, electric type, and then the last two slots are left open generally. Typically a fighting, ground, flying, psychic, or dragon type can be found in those.

DarkRula

I am the Kanto Champion! I only failed the first time because I didn't stock up on enough revives and got humiliated at the fourth fight. At roughly 25 hours played, there's definitely a lot more to do with those Master Trainers if I decide to go that route, though first I want to send chubby cheeks Raticate against MewTwo.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

HobbitGamer

Made it to victory road cave. Got my team ready; Pikachu, Blastoiss, Charizard, Articuno, Zapdos, Mew

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Arcamenel

My Elite Four team were all level 65 going in so it they were a breeze. I had one Pokemon faint against the first member because I thought I could finish off their Pokemon with my next attack and they just barely survived. My team was Pikachu, Vileplume(Shiny), Dragonite(Shiny), Arcanine, Blastoise, and Alakazam.

Derrick

HobbitGamer

Nice! my highest was Mew at 67, lowest was Articuno at 53. Now the hunt begins for Mewtwo, and on to Master Trainers!!

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Jedi

Just completed the pokedex! First time ever completing one in a Pokemon game. Also got my team to level 100 (Pikachu, alakazam, victreebell, arcananine, blastoise, and rhydon). Now just getting a bottle cap each day.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0662-4411-7916

Pixsol

@Tsurii I have LGP and am looking to do some trade evolutions and exclusives (Pinsir and Bellsprout). Sent me a PM when and which Pokémon you need.

Pixsol

Arcamenel

I lucked out and my friend got Let's Go Eevee while I got Pikachu so completing the Pokedex was pretty easy. He even traded me the legendaries so I can shiny hunt the ones in my game.

Derrick

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic