Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 2,747

Quarth

Anyone else who thinks the online system kinda sucks?

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

HobbitGamer

@Quarth Yeah, I do. One of the things I did like in newer games was the GTS and random online battles. I guess random still kinda exists, but in a convoluted way.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

W90WBA

Loving this game so much! I never really played Yellow back in the day, but had both red and blue, but god is this bringing back some amazing memories from my childhood

I wont go online until ive completed the game, way ive always been with any game, I never go online till I’ve completed the main story, hopefully by then I’ll have better pokemon to trade and also better chance in any online battles!

Oh and I brought the Pikachu version, main Pokemon of the TV Series, and never been bothered about Evee

I do wish they had brought it out with all pokemon saying their name the way Pikachu does, but in all honesty I’ve not got much of a bad word to say about this game personally

W90WBA

gerudochampion

I didn't think I was going to enjoy this game nearly as much as I do, considering the trailer for the game made it look... way different than a normal Pokemon game and I hadn't done much research on it at all.
Anyhow, last night I got Let's Go, Eevee and I love it. I considered getting Pikachu but I've had enough games with Pikachu following me around, lol. Ninetails is also one of the very few exclusives (if you don't have Pokemon GO to connect) so that was a driving factor.
I don't understand the online system they have, though-- it's pretty disappointing compared to the last few Pokemon games' online modes. Other than this, I have no complaints about the game! So fun.

Switch code: SW-3438-4060-4927
Warframe ID: Tricep

Switch Friend Code: SW-3438-4060-4927

HobbitGamer

Finally got to try coop with the bestie this evening. Sooo much fun!! We tore Silph Co. up 😎

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

BrainOfGrimlock

I'm sure I already know the answer to this; the only way to get Mew is by dropping cash on the pokeball thingy right? Obviously trades are a thing but can't imagine that if that's the only way that people will be willing to handover one, even for the shiniest of magikarps...

I love Mew, but not sure I love the idea of dropping $70AU on a controller that is by all accounts a bit dodgy & will undoubtedly invite funny looks should I ever be seen with one. Not sure I can even use 'niece-based co-op' as an excuse this time!

BrainOfGrimlock

-Green-

Seeing the pokemon walk is a lot better than I thought it would. If not a bit janky, but that's to be expected.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ryu_Niiyama

@ReaderRagfish got Eevee. Since this is a yellow remake and thus is based on anime Pikachu whom I feel in a jerk I went with Eevee instead. Eevee never hurt anybody. Although mine is kinda smug. That look he gets if he oneshots someone...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

I posted this list in one of the articles, I guess it's ok to put it here too:

Options to make the game harder, for those who want to:

-No moves from tutors.
-No partner move.
-Use the "Set" battle mode.
-No 2nd controller ally. Never.
-Don't use your starter, you don't lose anything by putting it in a box, it will still be there with you.
-Limit use of TMs.
-Cycle your pokemon regularly so you're not over-leveled.
-No items in battle.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BrainOfGrimlock

Yosheel wrote:

I posted this list in one of the articles, I guess it's ok to put it here too:

Options to make the game harder, for those who want to:

-No moves from tutors.
-No partner move.
-Use the "Set" battle mode.
-No 2nd controller ally. Never.
-Don't use your starter, you don't lose anything by putting it in a box, it will still be there with you.
-Limit use of TMs.
-Cycle your pokemon regularly so you're not over-leveled.
-No items in battle.

I used to do a few nuzlocke rules back in the day - it can certainly breathe new life into the game (and stops me nuking with Alakazam, Charizard & Jolteon!).

Other rules I liked were;

-No evolutions allowed (some play the rule that you can use ‘caught’ evolved forms)
-Only one mon in the team can know a particular move at any time
-No status heal items
-Not allowed to use more pokemon than the opponent (In addition, if the opponent has only 2 ‘mons, you can only use the first 2 in your party)

The evolution one alone can be a real game changer!

BrainOfGrimlock

HobbitGamer

Yeah, it's just a three-digit

Untitled

#MudStrongs

Eel

It is written.
It shall be added to the first post.

That could be nice for like, if multiple people in this thread want to battle, we all could use the same code and it will match us at random with each other. Right?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

That's correct! JiggCaDig!
Maybe that also means there will always be someone to battle. Granted, there's only 120 combinations anyway. Or is it 720 permutations? I dunno... We've established I don't do that type of math

#MudStrongs

Benjoo

@BrainOfGrimlock I think I'm going to use all of those limitations. Love the ideas! I think the equal Pokemon battle will defo encourage more strategy. Do all unevolved Pokemon learn the movesets of the evolved ones?

Benjoo

HobbitGamer

Zapdos get! only took 27 Ultras and 8 Greats

#MudStrongs

HobbitGamer

Advantage to not evolving Magikarp: Endless entertainment. Online battles are fun with 6 karps.

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic