Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 2,747

Heavyarms55

I have to say, this game has some serious faults... but the TM list is NOT one of them. There might be only 60 this time, but like 52 of them are good. The old list was 100 with only about 30-40 being remotely useful. Very nice change.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@link3710 Same here. Sent you a tweet. I think.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Lugia

Hey does someone mind trading me a Scyther? My friend code is SW-4505-7047-1518. It would mean SO much, just trying to complete my dex and I can help you do the same.

Lugia

HobbitGamer

@Lugia Reach out to me tomorrow around this time if you still need one. I think I may have an extra from PoGo, but I’m headed to bed shortly.

I also have a few extra Meltan for folks that aren’t gonna fool with PoGo

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Quarth

@HobbitGamer Haha, can’t wait to see that!

One thing I don’t like is the online system. Is it meant to be like this or is it just temporary? The code thing is kinda stupid and when you finally get a match, the other user just quits. When trading, it’s both negative and positive that you can see what the other player is offering, but wouldn’t it be better, like in some of the previous games, that you can write what Pkmn you’re searching for and what Pkmn you’re offering for it, THEN getting a match? Now I’ve had the others or myself quitting as soon as realising there’s nothing interesting to be traded. Oh well, at least there’s not that many Pkmns to collect this time and most of them one can find in the wild.

When it comes to the online battles, I’ve had an even more frustrating time: 1) enter a code (one of the quicker ones is using the three original starters in the order Bulbasaur-Charmander-Squirtle), 2) wait for a match with someone who has the same code, 3) when finally getting a match, hope that the other player doesn’t jump out the moment you’re about to set the rules and choose your team as that will kick you out of the online mode and take you back to the main menu for some stupid reason, 4) choosing between two very limited set of rules and 5) off you go!
I tried to find a single match, but everytime I got matched, the other player quit before the battle even began. Irritating, as everytime the other one jumps out, you get sent back to the main menu, having you to sign in again, choose a code AGAIN, etc.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

LEUCISTIC

My wife bought the game for herself as an avid pokemon go fan as she wanted to experience more and she never played the rest of the franchise. Now I was a original pokemon Blue fanboy and it only has great memories for me.

Honestly it is great watching her play this game and experience what I felt with my first pokemon game and she is truly hooked. One more battle has become a constant phrase in our house now.

Now I will never get to play Civ6 on the switch.

LEUCISTIC

Sisilly_G

@Yosheel : But can Mewtwo learn it?

I was pretty peeved that I couldn't transfer Pay Day Mewtwo from the Gen I VC releases.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Benjoo

Hey all, just picked up LG Pikachu, first Pokemon game since Pokemon silver. Bought it for the nostalgia and by god it's took me back to the golden days.

1. I have a few questions, is there any benefit in these tiny/huge Pokemon.

2. What are these EV's you guys are talking about and should I be paying more attention to them? If it does, does it mean that each Mon is unique?

3.Lastly do the characteristics of the Pokemon affect your Pokemon in battle

I love the flow of the game. Was a bit put off prior to buying, about the catch only for wild Pokemon but it really takes the grind out of the game, especially when the exp spreads out. See all the wild Mon's running around is quite something (boy are those mankeys fast!).

Benjoo

delnik

Hey, add me for trading/battling on pokemon let's go! (PikaVersion)
4336-1253-4041

delnik

HobbitGamer

I got Pikachu. And I'm about to play it on my lunch break. Wooooo!

#MudStrongs

EvilLucario

I got Eevee. I like Eevee a lot more, and I don't care about version exclusives at all unless they're Legendaries. So I don't care if I get a Vulpix or a Growlithe or whatever.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Benjoo

Let's go pikachu here

Benjoo

link3710

@Benjoo

1. They net you more XP for catching. Other than that? There are certain moves that change in power based on the user or opponent's weight, so those can be affected. I'm not sure any of them are obtainable in game though, Grass Knot is the most likely.
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Moves_affect...
2. EVs don't exist in this game, so don't worry about them. Once you find Oak's Aide, you can get a 'judge' tool that will let you see IVs, or how strong a pokemon is naturally. Don't worry about them though, the variance isn't enough to worry about outside of competitive play or if you're looking for fun.
3. The other two stat changers in this game are natures (basically, if a stat is red on a pokemon's screen it's stronger, blue stats are weakened) and AVs (what you get from feeding candy to Pokemon. You can't mess this up, all the stats have the same cap, so feel free to feed candy whenever you want.).

That said, you don't need to worry about any of them to beat the game and have fun. They're more for hardcore fans.

@HobbitGamer I DMed you yesterday, did you see it?

link3710

JaxonH

I got both, but digitally just Pikachu. As someone who never played Pokemon I wanted to experience the version with the mascot of the series- the one and only Pikachu.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@link3710 I just did, yah. DM'd ya back!

#MudStrongs

Hallonblad

@ReaderRagfish I got Eevee. :3 I love Pikachu as well (have no real preference), but I am considering buying that version for my brother, so felt safer to pick up the Eevee one for myself.

Also, I have to point out that the game developers are geniuses. My reaction when I realised they put a hot key (shaking the joy con) for petting my Eevee! :3 ^-^ <3
It's like, two button presses away, but they still felt the need to give me a hot key. GENIUS!

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Eel

I wasn't originally planing on getting these, since I basically have an unfinished file in Yellow on the 3DS already, but well, my brother preordered Pikachu, so it was only logical for me to preorder Eevee to stay even.

He received his preorder day 1. I'm still here waiting for mine. Watching videos of people complaining it's too easy while they use all the easy mode options.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic