Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 2,747

GeeEmm

So just started playing, im liking it so far but not being able to exit the game with the Pokeball Plus is a pretty big oversight. Shouldnt need to have a joycon at the ready to exit the game. Ludicrous!

GeeEmm

link3710

@Knuckles-Fajita Honestly, the hand-holdingness is tuned down significantly from SuMo. It's a welcome relief that you get little more than general hints about where to go next most of the time, instead of an hour long forced tutorial at the trainers school. Hopefully it stays that way for the rest of the game.

Oh, also, I almost gave up due to the screwy things I was encountering where I couldn't run when I wanted to. Turned out I needed to recalibrate my joy-con, in case anyone else has that issue.

link3710

EvilLucario

Co-op breaks this game lol. I was playing with my sister and even though you use twice as much Poke Balls, you have better chances of catching guys which helps a lot later on.

I'm really enjoying this game tbh. I don't see what the entire fuss is about just yet. Lots of people seem to complain before trying it out.

Although even now I'd still say the definitive Kanto experience is FireRed/LeafGreen.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

@Tsurii I just transferred two Eevee from Go into mine, if you want one I’ll catch and trade for a junk ‘Mon.

There’s no breeding, but I think the Go Park alleviates that a little. One of the Eevee is a lvl 3 😃

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

@Tsurii You can find wild Pikachu and Eevee in both versions.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: So it's basically the equivalent of the early "reviews" given to the copies of FE: Fates. I agree that those discrepancies between critic and end user reviews can be important. I'm also glad that most trolls and narrow-minded morons make it easy to sift through the good and bad reviews. XD

@Ryu_Niiyama: Thanks for the chuckle! Maybe there is something to this whole Detective Pikachu idea....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Starburst

Has anyone transferred a shiny from Go to Lets Go? I'm curious if it works.

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

HobbitGamer

@Tsurii Oh, I gotchya! As far as the Alolan trades from NPCs, they’ll trade you indefinitely.

@Neko77 I haven’t, but I can’t think of why it wouldn’t work. I’ll check my PoGo later and see if I even have any Kanto shinies.

@Tyranexx Yeah, it’s getting pretty easy very quickly to see who has and has not actually played the game based on criticisms. I have a couple constructive critiques, but the game has more depth to it than I thought it would

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

redd214

These games are great man! We are having such a blast with both versions.

Question for you poke vets: do these games usually get much support after release? As in new monsters to catch, new activities etc?

redd214

HobbitGamer

It does have mystery gift; via code, internet, and pokeball options.

#MudStrongs

link3710

@Tsurii All the Alola trades are infinite. I just figured that out by accident. Plus, they're guaranteed at least two stats with maxed IVs as trade Pokemon, so it's pretty easy to get a decent Pokemon from the trades.

Some more things I've discovered while playing along:

IVs are now directly viewable. This is an amazing QoL change, and one that needs to persist in the main series.

EVs are replaced by AVs. AVs can be raised with candies, which might be able to be bought at the dept. store (haven't gotten that far yet) but otherwise are only found by transferring Pokemon to professor Oak. Unfortunately, you can max all the stats, and it doesn't scale with level, so if you play with it a bunch early game it's easy to make a Pokemon brokenly strong. After seeing this, I'm actually all for EVs getting a full rework (the system itself is better), but the fact that AVs don't allow for specialization in certain stats and the lack of scaling with level means this system needs to be thrown out fast.

Following Pokemon is the best it's ever been, with Pokemon doing a whole lot more than just walking directly in your footsteps. Hopefully it won't vanish again after this, it feels really natural. Also, Eevee/Pikachu doubles as your itemfinder, which is another great QoL change. The tail wagging is subtle enough you won't notice unless you're looking for it, but doesn't require opening menus to use it.

Trainers are WAY more likely to use items this go around. Several times I've had a normal opponent paralyzed/burned/poisoned and at low HP only for a full restore to be thrown by a normal trainer. I think the lack of wild Pokemon battles actually means they've upped the difficulty of normal battles, or at least it feels that way.

Oh and random final note, Teleport now acts as a pivot move, making it actually useful.

All in all, it feels like these games are testing out various systems that have the potential to make it into the main series. Some I hope do, others... not so much. But it definitely feels like they're attempting to look at what basic tenants of the series should be broken to improve it moving forwards.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

@link3710 IVs have been directly viewable since Sun and Moon. The only change is when you get the ability to view them.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

link3710

@Knuckles-Fajita Eh welp, missed that. I didn't get big into SuMo due to lacking any postgame I was interested in, never even finished USUM.

By the way, anyone here want to trade me an Alolan Sandshrew? Can't get one in my version, I'd be willing to offer an exclusive in return of course.

link3710

Quarth

Man, I caved in and got the Eevee version. And it’s actually not that bad. It’s actually quite good to be honest! Not great, but good, in my opinion of course.

While I still think they could’ve put more effort into the character animations and the environments, I like the otherwise crisp look of the game. It looks really great in handheld mode.

And even though I still don’t understand the omission of pro controller support, the motion controls in docked and tabletop mode works just fine. I actually enjoy the new capture system, with the player no longer needing to battle the monsters before catching them (though I think they should have given us the option to choose).

The best thing about the game is the removals of the Pkmn transfer PC’s and the random encounters. And it’s great that the creatures have their right proportions. But I would’ve loved for the formula of the trainer battles to change. Hopefully that’s one change in the upcoming 2019 mainline game.

Just got myself an Alolan Geodude. Is he ugly or what? 🤮

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

HobbitGamer

@link3710 In one of the PokeCenters, a kid will trade sandshrews. Before lavender town, I think.

@Quarth The graveler looks like a kid rolled playdough in glitter 🤨

#MudStrongs

link3710

@HobbitGamer That's only if you play Pikachu version. I have Eevee version so they trade Vulpixes.

link3710

HobbitGamer

@link3710 Oh wow! I could snag one to trade for one of those fancy vulpies! Do you have twitter to use private message? Might be easier to arrange than the thread, but whatever works for u

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic