Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 1

Octane

@Knuckles-Fajita True. Does make them more special though. I like to do the mono-type runs, I can still do that.

Octane

toiletduck

@Knuckles-Fajita @Octane I've read your dialogue a few times now, but I still don't understand. Anyone cares to explain what you're on about? Nuzlockes, AreaLockes...?

toiletduck

DarthNocturnal

@toiletduck

A special kind of self-imposed challenge for Pokemon games.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Octane

@toiletduck Yeah, what @DarthNocturnal said. For a Nuzlock run; You're only allowed to catch the first Pokemon you see on a route, and once a Pokemon faints you're not allowed to use it for the rest of the game.

Octane

Octane

@toiletduck Because it makes the games challenging, something GameFreak is incapable of doing

Octane

DarthNocturnal

It's like a no-hit run in MegaMan; torture for the fun of it.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

toiletduck

Ah now I think I get it. I used to play 96 stars in Super Mario World SNES with my friend while we weren't allowed to pick up any power ups like mushrooms or whatever. That sure became hard in certain levels...

toiletduck

Late

I've done some Nuzlocke runs myself but I kind of got bored of them. The two things that the challenge is for is to increase the challenge and to make you use Pokémon you don't normally use. The problem is that it doesn't fully accomplish either. I haven't watched any Nuzlockes for a while because people just grind to make sure no one dies anyway. There are much better ways to make the game difficult.

I'm having much more fun just playing how I always play: by filling the Pokédex. As soon as Pokémon reaches its full evolution, I switch to another Pokémon. Most Pokémon evolve before reaching Lv. 40 so I'm usually hugely underleveled against Elite Four. I also haven't used Revives for years.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

KaiserGX

According to some impressions I read they were told that there are extra Pokemon placed in Viridian Forest demo to let people have more of a chance to catch Pokemon (guessing why there's 999 Pokeballs too). I did notice there were a lot of Pokemon in the Treehouse Footage that I saw. So that already says that the demo is modified somewhat.

Knuckles-Fajita

Legitimate request for the game to adhere to.

Unlike FR/LG, that decided the entirety of the original game's soundtrack was all that needed to be remixed, resulting in a grand total of 4 battle themes (Wild, Trainer/TeamRocket, GymLeader/EliteFour and Champion), I want this game to at least remix the Team Rocket theme.

Because nothing will suck more than one battle theme for trainers including the villains.

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

Late

I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere before but I just had a random revelation. I finally know why they made so many Alolan forms dark types. It was something I noticed very quickly when I started playing Moon for the first time but I didn't question it at the time. They were planning to remake Kanto all along.

Alolan forms are there to add Pokémon with typings that are not very common in Kanto.
Dark: 0 -> 6
Dragon: 3 -> 4
Ghost: 3 -> 4
Ice: 5 -> 9
Steel: 2 -> 6

Has there been any talk about Mega Evolutions? Are they in the game? That would add one more Dark and Dragon type Pokémon as well.

Sure, it could still be a coincidence but it was a good decision to bring additional forms before the actual remake. It wouldn't make sense to suddenly be able to find new and different versions of Pokémon in the wild when they're going to keep all the new Pokémon out. Where did those Pokémon come from? The answer is Alola. It would partly explain why they only made regional variants for Kanto Pokémon as well. They were thinking ahead. They were already planning Let's Go.

I never questioned the Alolan forms since they came up with good reasons why the Pokémon were different looking in Alola in the first place. Well... at least some of them had good reasoning behind them. And they were a fun addition in their own right too. They didn't feel like they were just shoehorned in.

Anyone else think this was the case or am I just overthinking things?

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Knuckles-Fajita

The Alolan Forms are apparently only available via Pokemon Go...

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

Late

That's what I've been able to gather as well. It makes sense thematically. I would like to have some other trainers that use Alolan forms though. Like how there are people from Kanto in Alola with the regular Kanto Pokémon. Maybe have an NPC that can trade you one or more Alolan Pokémon.

I don't necessarily mind Alolan forms being exclusive to Pokémon Go since I first thought they wouldn't include them at all. Go is a free game and trading is also a thing so it should be easy enough to get those Pokémon as long as one has access to the internet or a friend who plays Pokémon and can access internet.

Link

Laura11

Hi, my apologies to post this in an older thread but thought it was the most relative place to ask.

This game was one of the main reasons for me to buy a switch. Looking at some YoutTube video's recently made me doubt, especially because the way you catch wild Pokemon. Someone said in the YouTube comments that next year there will be a 'better' game for the Switch. Is this true?

I've only played Pokemon Red and Silver on my gameboy color when I was young and would love another game like that on the Switch. Will Pokemon Let's Go come close to these 2 or is it better to wait for another possible Pokemon game?
Sorry if this has already been asked before or been discussed, didn't want to read through 108 pages.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2497-0717-3692

darkfenrir

@Laura11 The way to catch wild Pokemon is pretty much like PoGo yes and that the wild Pokemon are know frolicking at the screen instead of random battle, but the rest seems to be like normal Pokemon games (other than that at first Gym you are asked to show Grass / Water Pokemon... idk if they'll force you to use them though), with the normal fights (still all 4 moves and turn based), and exploring like usual.

The next year Pokemon game will line up to be more like classic Pokemon though.

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Laura11

@darkfenrir I'm not a Pokemon Go player but I understand what you mean. Thanks a lot for the quick reply and explaining this. Knowing me I will probably get the Pokemon Let's Go anyway now and look forward to the next year Pokemon game. Glad they kept the turn based battle system

Switch Friend Code: SW-2497-0717-3692

darkfenrir

@Laura11 No problem I'm also looking forward to this game (and picked up PoGo today because I figure why not)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Tyranexx

@Laura11: For what it's worth, I'm considering getting the game, and I've been playing the Pokemon games since the early days. I wasn't sure about it in the beginning, but the footage I have seen has been enough to want to give one of the two games a chance. I'll still be waiting on some impressions though.

I'm also looking forward to the new entries that will be coming next year.

Video Corner: If Mario Had a Battle Royale Mode
Currently playing: Ocarina of Time 3D (Master Quest), Paper Mario: Color Splash

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic