Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,747

link3710

@Tsurii Yeah, the fact that we got a proper 3D Pokemon game what... 15 years ago now? It does seem rather ridiculous if it doesn't live up to XD's graphical standards. That said, what I would do for them to rerelease Colleseum and XD on the Switch... even though I know it'll never happen.

link3710

Harmonie

I never played Pokemon XD, but I did just skim through a video of it on YouTube and I'm a little confused? It has forced camera angles, and the indoor graphics and camera angles are very much 2.5D.

I really don't see how Sun/Moon isn't on-par with this if not better in places? The big difference I see is that XD is not cel shaded.

@Grumblevolcano I'm struggling to see what that really has to do with these rumors at all. The new Pokemon games are supposed to be set in Kanto, not Alola. Help me understand where you're coming from.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

Pokemon GO is skipping Gens 4-6 to go straight to Alola forms of Gen 1 which suggests the rumours about GO integration are true.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Iconorobin

All of these rumors point towards a complete reboot of the franchise and I couldn't be happier.
I know I'm in the minority, but that's honestly how I feel.

Iconorobin

Harmonie

@Iconorobin That would make me sad. Pokemon is so much more than the original 151. Honestly, being overexposed to them as of late has made all of that nostalgia bias wear off and now some of them I honestly don't even care for. There are so many Pokemon in later generations that I'd take over so many of the originals.

Harmonie

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano I wouldn't say its a hint at all tbh. Go was all gen I for a good while, and it makes sense to release the Alolan forms while Alola is still relevant.

At least 2'8".

Skid

@Grumblevolcano @Buizel This could be the Go integration. Another way to go Alolan forms to the new Pokemon game without using the pokebank. Speaking of the pokebank, will it get its own app on the switch or are they going to change it to being connected with in game? That would be nice if they did that.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Iconorobin

@Harmonie
Well, they had to reboot at some point. Nothing lasts forever.
I'm happy about it because - if the rumors are true - I can have a sense of starting from the beginning.
I hope GameFreak will release expansions or sequels on a yearly or semi-yearly basis from now on that will incorporate new zones into the base game, thus expanding the world and the available amount of Pokémon. Much like MMORPGs work, if you catch my drift.

Iconorobin

Haruki_NLI

Ugh.

You know whats sad? This is likely to follow on from what FR/LG did.

Oh, your Golbat has max happiness, its trying to evolve, but it stopped for some reason.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@Harmonie I was thinking about that the Alola Pokemon being picked are the Alola forms of Kanto Pokemon so maybe as the rumours suggest the game coming after Sun/Moon you'd see some of the Alola forms in Kanto. But on the other hand that arguably goes against the new rumour about only having the original 151.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

I'd take the original 151 if they at least expanded into Johto 'mon with an update in the future. Despite spending little time with gen2, some of my favourites come from that region. I hope the rumour isn't true, though.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Skid

@Iconorobin @Harmonie This part of the leak is slightly concerning, but if it is Kanto it would probably be the originals with the additional evolutions with access to the rest through post game or pokebank. No way I believe they would completely scrap the rest for the entire game even if it is a reboot.

Switch

Harmonie

@Iconorobin I was already so unhappy with Pokemon GO being only Generation I Pokemon, and that was just a mobile title (and people tried to tell me that was the only reason that Generation I was the only Generation present at first). For it to happen in a mainline Pokemon game is just inexcusable. Besides, now Pokemon GO has Generation II and III Pokemon, and it is said to link to this title. Would be awkward if even Pokemon GO had Pokemon that couldn't be sent over. Not saying that's impossible, just awkward. Very awkward.

Like there has already been so much Gen I pandering in the last couple of generations. This would be FAR too much. I've been thinking that whatever these games are going to be, they aren't going to be conservative Gen I remakes. They're going to have to be something else, seeing as this is the second time the games have been remade. Thus, I expect more freedom for later generation Pokemon to appear earlier in the game than past Pokemon remakes.

@NapalmPsalm Post-game, alright. Pokemon Bank? No, screw Pokemon Bank. Sure it's better than these Pokemon being inaccessible altogether, but I shouldn't have to pay to get Pokemon past the original 151. That's ridiculous. Do you (not referring to you, but there are some other members in this topic that are talking like this) all really want Pokemon hidden behind paywalls? This is NOT a road we want to go down. TRUST ME.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Iconorobin

@Harmonie
The glorious thing about rebooting a franchise is that they don't have to do everything exactly the same as before. They can easily bring later gen Pokémon sooner than expected with expansions and what-not. A reboot is meant to shake things up. What else is the point of a reboot?

Iconorobin

Harmonie

@Iconorobin I don't want to have to wait and/or pay for Pokemon past the original 151. As I said in my previous post, this is NOT a road we want to go down.

Harmonie

Skid

@Harmonie No, I don't want pokemon behind a paywall, which would be expansions in one game like @Iconorobin is suggesting. If I had to pay for dlc to add johto to just have a murkrow I'd be furious. That being said, I don't consider pokebank much of a paywall to access. Pokebank is a service to hold you pokemon in an easier to access spot instead of holding onto them in one game and hoping to be able to transfer them over to the next. That is why I'm willing to pay 0.42 cents US a month to have access to certain pokemon that I have a special attachment to.

I also want people to remember these are still just leaks at this point no matter how real they feel at this point. We could be getting angry or happy about parts that aren't even true. Let's hold our emotions until the official announcement (not say you are being overly angry or anything). I understand voicing our worries, but there is no reason to be so angry at this point. Please let's wait to release our rage.

Switch

Harmonie

@NapalmPsalm Pokemon Bank is still extra money paid, no matter how small.

Besides, free expansion packs are just idealistic at this point. Nintendo and GF could totally take the opportunity to charge for these expansion packs as DLC.

Besides, I don't want to have to wait for them. This isn't Niantic and Pokemon GO. This is GameFreak, a company that has worked with these Pokemon for so long. No excuses.

Harmonie

Grumblevolcano

Gen 1 is starting to turn into the Imprisoned (Skyward Sword) of Pokemon. Just when you think its over, it comes back yet again.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic