Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,768

-Green-

I think the Underground feature and Gen 5/6 (Archeops/Caracosta/Tyrantrum) made me really just love Fossil pokemon. It was honestly a let down to not see a new one in Alola.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haru17

Dude, I dug up so many fossils. The underground had a lot of potential, like if they'd brought it back with a little more unique level design and more of a link with the overworld map.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

DarkRula

If it lined up with the map of the region, the Underground would be so much better. I hardly remember anything from gen4, but the Underground certainly is something I remember. It's just a case of whether they'd want to do something like that again - but with the idea of an online hub...

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

skywake

Haven't read through the whole thread and am only just reading some of these rumours. Just a thought, what if people are completely misunderstanding what Pokemon Go integration would actually be? It wouldn't necessarily have to be a core mechanic. It wouldn't even have to really change the game much. Previous Pokemon games have had integration with various websites, services and devices in the past. Why would Pokemon Go be any different?

What if, for example, you could unlocked costumes or other items in one game and it reflected in the other? What if it was along the lines of the PokeWalker and you could get content in the main games from distance walked in Pokemon Go. Hell, maybe this is how they finally introduce PvP in Pokemon Go. Maybe they'll let you create and manage a party using Pokemon from either game and then be able to battle people nearby using Pokemon from either game.

Who knows.... but whatever it is I doubt it's the death of the traditional game...

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haru17

I really hope that rumor isn't true and I haven't even read anything about those Pokemon games.

Though to be honest these 'screenshot of a top secret Nintendo E3 memo that conveniently lists the title of every game there and nothing more' rumors are never true.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Skid

@skywake This is highly possible, and I have seen this suggested in other places as well. I've been on multiple sights about these "leaks", so I can't remember where I've read what any more. I actually wouldn't be surprised if this is what they meant. Lets just hope the "soon" news is this Friday or early next week. I don't want to contemplate too much longer, haha.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S+0 | RM: S+1 | CB: A+

Judi

I've only been loosely following the ''''leaks'''' and such, but aside from the pikachu/eevee is there anything else that actually supports the notion that this/these game/games will be gen 1? It occurs to me that there's nothing stopping them from using old pokemon as starters in a new region. (I also am realizing that I can totally see them moving to a single game edition for the home console market, instead of split editions like they do on handheld.)

Tangentially, I decided that what I'd really want out of a pokemon game at this point in my life is to have it follow the same trend of games turning into 'games as a service', where the base game has the main story region, and then there are DLC add-ons to add the old regions from games of yore that are released overtime, in the end giving you a game where you can go everywhere. No I have no idea how you would handle level scaling (some people would be so overleveled it wouldn't be enjoyable), but I want it anyway.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Octane

@Judi If they're talking about a ''reboot'', I think it's safe to assume that it's going to be something familiar. Plus, we've had that Lapras (in Kanto) screenshot that suddenly became a lot more believable when the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee leak happened two days ago.

Octane

MarcelRguez

@Octane Remind me again in which Kanto route that screenshot seems to take place? The one south of Fuchsia City?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Walru-Cheese

I really hope that image is fake because it looks more like the graphics on the 3DS games and it looks grid based. Nothing wrong with 3DS graphics, but I expect them to be upgraded for switch.

Walru-Cheese

Tsurii

@Walru-Cheese honestly? At this point I'm kind of hoping for that pic to be real because actually seeing wild Pokémon moving around in the areas is something a lot of fans, myself included, want from the series.

And the Eevee on the trainer's head is just too convenient for these leakers to get lucky at this point.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Walru-Cheese

@Tsurii This image does look more credible now, and I'm fine with actually seeing wild Pokemon. I guess I'm just kinda worried about it because of Switch games that look beautiful and the free movement in Sun and Moon.

Walru-Cheese

MarcelRguez

@Octane Yeah, I can kinda see it now. Still, the corner of the island on the right looks like it's a different type of terrain. Maybe it's the very bottom of the route, to the left?

And I hope this pic was taken when the game was still using alpha assets or something, because I don't see any reason why those patches of land should be so square.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Tsurii

@Walru-Cheese it could end up looking pretty good in the finished game, if Gamefreak don't cheap out like usual. SuMo did look really good as far as their visuals go, imo anyway, and with some HD sheen and some more detailed models they could very easily deliver something like the GameCube Pokémon RPGs as their first HD title. I don't think people would take it badly, if done well, and it'd be a good stepping stone for something less "static" down the line.

No matter what they'll actually end up revealing, I'm not seeing a Pokémon with a free camera just yet, altho I'd be pleasantly surprised if GF do pull that out of their bag from their Switch debut.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Octane

@MarcelRguez Well, FRLG isn't an exact 1-to-1 remake of the originals either, but the island on the right does have the right shape at least.

I've also heard that the image looks a lot better uncompressed, so there's that. And yes, considering it was ''leaked'' earlier this year, we could be looking at an early version if this image is legit.

Octane

Harmonie

I hope, if anything, that image is fake. I've always thought the graphics in that looked really mediocre. I just went to play Sun to compare the graphics, and while aspects of it do look like Sun/Moon, I realize that even Sun/Moon feels more 3D than that. Like those 'flat' platforms? From what I played of Sun just now, they at least made the platforms in the sea more beach like, and rounded, giving them more of a dimension.

Here, I've been worried that GF would go with Sun/Moon graphics upscaled and call it a day, but honestly that screenshot isn't even up to Sun/Moon standards.

I know, "graphics aren't important!11!!!1!" But, really, I do think they are an important part of the presentation of a game. Being a 3D game but having so many 2.5D environmental features just feels incredibly cheap. What is even the point of revisiting Kanto if they're just going to do that again? We already have Kanto in 2.5D in HG/SS.

Also, if that really is a real image, this just indicates that they aren't even being ambitious in the size of the route. I mean, this is a Switch game. To have it scaled so tiny is just absurd.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

shadow-wolf

@Harmonie You’re right, it is a bit disappointing to see the squarish tiles. Maybe this is from an older beta of the game in which they first tried recreating Kanto, and then later they’ll try making it more console-worthy? But that picture at this point is definitely from the game. That being said, it’s disappointing but not surprising that Game Freak decided to do Sun and Moon style graphics but in HD with better textures. They’re likely saving the graphical update for Gen 8 (assuming these games aren’t Gen 8).

shadow-wolf

Bolt_Strike

If they're really starting off with Kanto games there's only two ways I'd accept that decision:

1. This is a stopgap game and they're working on a real 8th gen game.
2. This is such a drastic improvement to Kanto that it practically feels like a new generation.

Otherwise, I'm done with this franchise. I've tolerated a lot of BS with this series, more than I probably should've, but I'm sick of waiting for this franchise to get better and seeing it get worse and worse. Game Freak just keeps finding innovative new ways to cheap out and fall far short of expectations. I'll probably buy the DP remakes as long as they don't screw those up too much, but beyond that Game Freak isn't getting any more of my money until they can prove they can make a meaty game worthy of a console instead of the RPG equivalent of Candy Crush.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

The main concern I have is the Pokemon GO stuff. If it's a standard Pokemon experience with the GO stuff be minor optional stuff then that's fine, if you have stuff like the battle system changed to be more like GO that's way too far and definitely not buying.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic