Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 2,747

GrailUK

@Tsurii Everyone's a critic haha.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Alber-san

I wouldn't be surprised if the new Pokémon games turn out to have the same visuals as Sun and Moon but in HD. It could be a great marketing strategy. Pokemon Go was played by everyone, bringing a lot of old fans back to the series. The Switch has also brought in a lot of possible new gamers to Nintendo games. So making a gen 1 remake with decent visuals and pokemon go mechanics is a great idea.

Then with everyone back on board the Pokemon franchise they could release a true next gen game with better visuals and an open world. (This is game freak tho so I wouldn't hold my breath)

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Judi

@GrailUK every MMO I’ve seen where players have any influence on the state of the world have either not really delivered the concept as promised or turned into a unplayable nightmare.

edit: Influence in a meaningful way that is.

Edited on by Judi

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

GrailUK

@Judi I must admit I tend to agree with you...but the idea isn't a write off! One day I'm sure it will be a game changer when done right

link3710

@Buizel Difficulty modes could only be accessed by connecting to someone else who'd already completed the game with the opposite version in B2W2. Yeah... it was... typical GameFreak. Hard mode was really one of the best playthoughs I've ever had in the series though.

Admittedly, I don't care about the Battle Frontier name. The issue is that the post-game Frontier replacements post HGSS no longer had fun modes like Battle Factory, Battle Arcade, Battle Pyramid, or anything else other than what were more or less Battle Tower replicas. Which are fun but... I like to have some more of the weird modes, the ones that make me rethink my strategies beyond just flat out defeating my opponents as quickly as possible. Stuff like random statuses, managing CP, using rental Pokemon, etc.

Anyways, what really hurts is that the older games feel like they had far more complete post-games than the modern ones. Which most of the features on that list helped with that aspect of the games.

link3710

Haru17

Never say 'WoW killer' if you want to be taken seriously. This isn't a moral universe, that's literally impossible.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

GrailUK

@Haru17 hmm?

Buizel

@link3710 Wow, locking that feature away in that manner is...bizarre.

I agree with you about the post-game. I don't mind if Game Freak strip down all the fluff as long as we have a solid amount of content in both the main campaign and the post-game. And personally I'd prefer it to be the core gameplay (i.e. training, battling, and interacting with the environment) rather than odd features that have no consequence on the main game (e.g. photo opportunities, music video, etc.)

At least 2'8".

Tyranexx

link3710 wrote:

Admittedly, I don't care about the Battle Frontier name. The issue is that the post-game Frontier replacements post HGSS no longer had fun modes like Battle Factory, Battle Arcade, Battle Pyramid, or anything else other than what were more or less Battle Tower replicas. Which are fun but... I like to have some more of the weird modes, the ones that make me rethink my strategies beyond just flat out defeating my opponents as quickly as possible. Stuff like random statuses, managing CP, using rental Pokemon, etc.

Agreed. Other than Battle Tower-esque facilities, I don't think we've seen much of this from Gen VI onward.

The Battle Frontier was one of my favorite post-game facilities. That said, I'm still exceedingly bitter about the Battle Pyramid.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

iLikeUrAttitude

I'm getting sick of all these rumors and discussions about rumors, I want an official announcement in some way already...

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

DarkRula

I never really used any battle facilities, but the secret base feature from Omega Ruby I found to be great. Maybe have something similar for this new one?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

shadow-wolf

You know, I think these leaks are working. I initially was totally against returning to Kanto, but now I’ve warmed up to the idea — provided that select Pokémon from all the other regions are available within the game (think going to route 3 and fighting a trainer with a Wimpod instead of a Weedle) and Kanto itself is substantially different from the incarnations in R/B/Y/FR/LG and G/S/C/HG/SS. We’ll see when it gets announced/revealed anywhere from this Tuesday to next Tuesday.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

link3710

Oh yeah! Secret bases were in Gen 3 and 4 as well, that's another thing to add that disappeared. Sort of. Like, I feel like festival plaza was supposed to replace the secret base? It just... wasn't fun.

link3710

Haru17

@Octane So, are you guys going to do anything about the racist accent trash on page 71?

Octane

@Haru17 Eh... I don't think it's racist, nor do I think the intend was. It's just a... bad attempt at a joke.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane I mean, it looks like it was intended to be an 'impression' of Aonuma using broken English, incorrect tenses, and replacing L sounds with R ones to caricatures a native Japanese-speaking person speaking in English. That's at least entry level racism.

Grumblevolcano

I've thought of another interpretation of the image, Pokemon Direct announcement tomorrow with the Direct coming May 29th (no teases tomorrow, just the Direct announcement).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

@Grumblevolcano That is highly possible. I'd hope there would be at least some kind of teaser image with the announcement of the Direct date. Tomorrow is the day of reckoning! (not really...)

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic