Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,747

Octane

@MarcelRguez Ergo, they don't want to spoil the release window before its reveal. They know very well at this point whether it's a 2018 or 2019 title. All they had to tell shareholders was that Smash is coming this year, and they'll be satisfied I think.

Octane

MarcelRguez

@Octane Yeah, this doesn't tell us much at all. Hopefully we'll get a reveal before E3.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@MarcelRguez Where did you see this? I don’t think any website has reported on this yet.

And like @Octane said it’s likely coming in 2018. Of course they could technically release it in 2019, but if they were they’d be more likely to quietly slip in TBD than leave it 2018 or later. Also technically they could still be deciding if they could make 2018, but that’s honestly unlikely.

shadow-wolf

-Juice-

@Bolt_Strike Eww, caves and mazes are the worst parts of old games. I like new optional areas, but not when they're monotonous.

Also, I must've missed the original RSE's giant legendary hunt and post game story. You're right, ORAS totally didn't have a large amount of optional content added on to it. The story and region definitely didn't get any overhauls that made a difference. Naw, totally exactly the same. /s

Lol, those sub regions of past games are pretty small and easy to navigate when you're not getting all nostalgic for them. They're not as special or in depth as you're making them out to be.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

EvilLucario

@-Juice- How are any dungeons in Pokemon monotonous? You got pretty much all the Repels you need, and trainers go down fairly easily. Puzzles are also pretty simple and quick to clear. The only thing I could perhaps see is HMs, but HMs are most likely gonna be dead going forward.

I think Pokemon as a whole can really benefit from both opening up the world and putting in more optional stuff. We don't need to go full BotW here, but as I said earlier, Xenoblade-lite areas that provide their own incentives to go there like rarer Pokemon like pesudo-legendaries or TMs or whatever can fill that just fine.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Juice-

@EvilLucario Caves suck after the 5th zubat encountered in about a minute of walking lol. Remember, monotony is tedious annoyance, not difficulty. Caves and dungeons are easy to get through, but it was only after gen 4 that they stopped being monotonous drags. On the subject of repels, I preferred to save my money for TMs.

Edited on by -Juice-

EvilLucario

@-Juice- Before Gen 5, TMs were single-use anyway so unless you wanted to buy Game Corner coins for Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt (and in FireRed/LeafGreen's case Shadow Ball) midgame, you didn't need to save up money for them. Fire Blast/Blizzard/Thunder were also fairly cheap before then. But even during and after Gen 5, money is still very easy to come by while juggling Repels and TMs.

So honestly if you didn't use Repels, that's one big reason why they feel monotonous. Always stock up on Super Repels, they are lifesavers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Juice-

@EvilLucario I'd buy 15 repels every once in a while for areas like that, but potions, TMs, and especially Pokeballs would take up a majority of the sum. If you play Pokemon casually, then I can see max repels being an easy purchase. It doesn't work like that when you're catching every new Pokemon you come across. Refusing to fight random encounters as you naturally progress through an area often forced you to do a lot of grinding later anyway. It's better to just fight randoms on your way for that reason alone.

Caves that needed flash were always the worst of the bunch, too.

Edited on by -Juice-

link3710

@-Juice- Agreed. I'm always moneyless until a good chunk of the way into the post-game because of how much I spend on Pokeballs and the occasional TMs, Full Restores, and the like

link3710

EvilLucario

@-Juice- @link3710 I'll admit to not really buying money for Pokeballs much (because of how early-gen Pokemon is until Gen 7, you're better off only having 3 main Pokemon with 3 HM slaves), but even still I don't see it unless I guess if you were catching every unique Pokemon you found. TMs you could buy generally sucked unless it was Fire Blast or Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, and pre-Gen 5 they were also very cheap unless you got them off the Game Corner. Revives and hyper potions (don't need a ton of Full Restores, just get like 10 for the Elite Four) are also all you needed for the main story.

Also, Amulet Coin from Gen 2 onwards really helps.

Edited on by EvilLucario

MarcelRguez

If people were really running out of money in the old games, then I guess that explains a thing or two about the level design of the newer games.

MarcelRguez

link3710

@EvilLucario I think I finished Pokemon Moon with about 300-400 Pokemon in my Pokedex so... yeah, I'm guilty of catching everything, as you guessed. Luckily, I had the Lucky Incense + Happy Hour combo for USUM, but I still ran out occasionally. (mostly before I could obtain the incense)

link3710

TOUGHDUDE94

@-Juice- yes zubat need an off mode in caves or they need to lower the rate of encounter.What region do you think they will go with and if they wait until early or mid 2019 and will they put a pokemon mystery dungeon game on the switch based on gen 7 or and USUM port with kanto added.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

TOUGHDUDE94

Also in gen 8 they need to have a rival like blue in it but have the choice to pick from that one or a one like hau they should have put that in sun and moon with gadion and hau.The staters need to have some more detail in them and mix up the types.Also keep doing the regional formes and add more regions too.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

shadow-wolf

@EvilLucario @-Juice- I just played and finished White version for the first time (haven't played Gen 6 or Gen 7 since I don't have a 3DS), but the quality of life improvements from Gen 4 to Gen 5 are MASSIVE. This includes HMs. It's not getting rid of them like Gen 7 did, but I only really needed two HMs at any given moment, one of which (Surf) is good enough that you can always have it on your team anyway. So I only had one Pokemon that was in charge of Strength.

Also, speaking of Repels, is it still the case in Gens 6 and 7 that Super Repels are a better value than Max Repels? I think Max Repels are only 50 steps more than Super Repels, so in terms of money per step Super Repels are cheaper than Max Repels.

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@MarcelRguez OK nice. I think Pokemon Switch is bound for this year. Numerous rumors about the topic, but what's interesting is that they ALL say coming out late 2018. The only one that mentioned 2019 was saying "at the latest early 2019, but still more likely to be 2018." The latest rumor says that the Nintendo E3 Booth will be focused mainly on Smash and Pokemon. Judging by the 2018 or later, as @Octane mentioned, they most likely know it's coming this year. They just would rather announce it properly than give it away in a press release.

shadow-wolf

MarcelRguez

@shadow-wolf Playing the devil's advocate for a minute, it's only natural that all these rumors mention late 2018 as the release window since it lines up with the release dates of the previous generations.

That E3 booth is 100% fake though. It's too early.

MarcelRguez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic