Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 101 to 120 of 2,747

MarcelRguez

@Haru17 Not really when I'm enjoying it! I don't mind restarting this type of games time and time again because it's easy to spice things up from one playthrough to another. New Vegas is my 1000 hours title in that regard, and I'd still get it without second thought if it came to the Switch.

I see what you mean with Odyssey, I hadn't thought about that. It just strikes me as odd because I don't think the need to do that. September is a pretty packed month: it has two Nintendo-published titles in the form of Pokkén and Fire Emblem Warriors (Japan) and third-party releases like FIFA/NBA and Dragon Ball/One Piece. Then there's Lego Worlds too, and Dragon Quest X in Japan. I guess Fire Emblem Warriors might be released in the West in November, but Treehouse's was playing an English build of the game. It would be a bit weird if we had to wait that long for an already localized title.

People have mentioned Smash will come whenever the paid online subscriptions go up, and I'm inclined to agree. It's their trump card to use whenever the Switch's momentum winds down, and a nice game to release for the console's first anniversary.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

gcunit

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Luna_110

I do think that if Retro is developing a new IP, they may have had to develop a new engine if the one they used for DKC Tropical Freeze didn't fit and that may have caused them to take so long in development.

Because otherwise, it's outright weird there hasn't even been a teaser of what they are preparing. The Spotlight was the perfect moment to introduce a new IP, since people wanted to see what they were doing. I know they have directs all year, but I don't think the announcement of a new IP holds the same weight if it is announced at E3 than at a random direct in, say, September or October.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

dooley422

heres an idea remember the beach eps, thats right id like to see different reactions depending on your gender, ie if your a girl a male trainer might say that swimsuit looks cute on you, and which you blush in reply. thats right id like to see trainer class specific outfits

dooley422

Octane

Thinking about Pokemon on the Switch... If online battles and trading are also locked behind their subscription, I think I'm going to think twice about getting the game.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

What's interesting about that interview is that they highlight a few fan comments about wanting a large scale, open world adventure and they actually respond affirmatively with "We're making it" instead of some vague, noncommittal PR answer like you'd normally expect from these kinds of interviews (like "maybe we will" or "stay tuned"). That bodes very well for this game, as that shows a willingness to break away from this recent "let's make the game streamlined and dumbed down for mobile gamers" kick they've been on recently and that they're willing to actually appeal to a console audience that wants something deeper and more engaging. However, at the same time, they're saying don't get your hopes too high, so it's probably not going to be like Pokemon BotW, but maybe a little closer to Mario 64/OoT. Which I'm perfectly fine with as long as it's not as painfully linear as Unova, Kalos, and Alola are.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

@Bolt_Strike Don't get your hopes up indeed. It seemed a bit weird that information like that was revealed in an interview, so maybe we shouldn't take it too literally. However, it does sound that it's going to be more than just a game with uprezzed gen 6/7 visuals.

Octane

JaxonH

That was a great video.

So, what caught me was where they were pointing out online fan comments about wanting a real console Pokémon game, and that one comment said "All I ask is that they take the basic Pokémon premise of "Gotta Catch Em All", in a large, open-ish world. Bam, done" and they said they were doing it.

That makes me think it'll be a bit of a step up from what we've seen before.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SKTTR

This confirms it will be a large (probably openworld) game.
It also confirms that it keeps being a main series Pokémon RPG, but it will have additional, modern home console differences/additions.

Even though they don't know if it's 40+ hours just like other Pokémon games, I think we can all assume that this game at least has to be in that range, with no less than 8 gym leaders to beat and 151 different Pokémon to catch.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Luna_110

I wouldn't get your hopes up for an open world. Didn't Masada literally said "Don't get your hopes up"?
So dash away hopes of thinking this will be the BotW of Pokémon.

We'll get the same old formula, maybe with some tweaking, and we'll like it and Pokémon will be a million seller like always.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Octane

@SKTTR No Pokemon game has ever been 40+ hours. They've always been in the 10-20 hour range. And if you know what you're doing, you can easily beat them in a day. I think with 40+ hours they were referring to very lengthy RPGs, and I don't think that's what they're going to do.

Octane

Canadian_Ronin

Luna_110 wrote:

I wouldn't get your hopes up for an open world. Didn't Masada literally said "Don't get your hopes up"?
So dash away hopes of thinking this will be the BotW of Pokémon.

We'll get the same old formula, maybe with some tweaking, and we'll like it and Pokémon will be a million seller like always.

I agree that there won't be, and shouldn't be, a total re-imagining of what Pokemon is. However pushing the gamplay/battle system into some more modern would be a good change and the type of change I hope we'll see and the type of change I think we need to see if the franchise is going to move to a home console with an 80.00 dollar price.

Canadian_Ronin

Octane

The idea of GameFreak making a fully functional console game while also pushing boundaries at the same time...

Untitled

Octane

NaviAndMii

Yup, I'm expecting a Sun/Moon/X/Y-ish game, with dialed up graphics...maybe a Pokémon: Breath of the Wild-type-game in the next decade - or two! :/ ..ideally, I'd like to see every region that they've ever created in one game - hopefully one day!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Ralizah

It's their first home console Pokemon RPG. They're probably going to be playing it very safe at first, if only to get a grip on the technology and what they can do with it.

@Octane Not sure if this post is sarcastic or not. Just to get through the single-player campaign, every Pokemon game except the original set of games (which still took longer than 20 hours to beat) takes between 30 - 50 hours on average to beat. That number goes through the roof into 100+ hour territory if you actually bother trying to fill out your Pokedex, complete additional content, etc.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Canadian_Ronin

Octane wrote:

The idea of GameFreak making a fully functional console game while also pushing boundaries at the same time...

Untitled

who said anything about pushing boundaries?

Canadian_Ronin

KAI_MIDORIKAWA

All I want from a Pokemon game is only being to catch/hatch an individual species once, and once you do, it autosaves. And all opponent Pokemon give the same amount of EVs.

This way you would still be able to just play the game without giving a thought about its internal values as you're getting it or training it, and still be able to battle real people without being completely destroyed in two seconds.

Plus it makes each individual Pokemon more unique, which is a good thing especially when considering legendaries, and gives more incentive for people to get Pokemon by actually trading with people.

Octane

@Ralizah Not sarcastic at all. I've beaten most Pokemon games I've played in a day (excluding Kanto in gen 2), just from the start to the league. I'm not talking about catching all Pokemon and online play of course.

@Hitokage1 Wait, what do you mean? You can only catch Tentacool once? And every battle nets the same amount of EVs..? What the point in that? That's an awful idea if you ask me.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane That's... pretty crazy. You must spend the entire day bumrushing one of those games from beginning to end. I mean, if that's how you want to play them, that's fine, but why not stop and smell the roses once in a while? As I said, the average play time for just a normal campaign-only playthrough of the shortest game in the series is still longer than 24 hours.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic