Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,072

Haruki_NLI

@Tsurii @Morpheel Well yeah.

Leon has never lost. Makes him a big spend for companies wanting the ad space, that money goes to Rose.

If the player poses a threat to Leon, Rose would likely go after Zacian or Zamazenta to give Leon an edge, an unstoppable offense or defense, to guarantee without fail his cash cow isn't threatened.

I mean for crying out loud, who REALLY thinks Leon has never lost, and now we know Rose has a FINANCIAL HAND in it, and pushed Leon to it in the first place, that it's legit?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

CurryPowderKeg79

Hori just release some pretty sweet Pokemon Sword/Shield MicroSD Cards. But Man are they expensive compared to the non themed ones. The Hori 64gb card was $52(U.S) you can get a Sandisk 400gb card now for like $56.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Venus_Adept

I like the charcoal pokemon. And its ability looks dope for doubles.

Venus_Adept

Dezzy

So what exactly is the controversy about regarding this game? And will it have any effect on someone who has played very few pokemon games?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

So far that the battle animations and graphics are not as good as they could be, and that some legacy Pokémon won’t be transferable to these games.

So, basically no.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

So Gigantamaxing solves the issue Megas had since only a select few Pokémon will have the ability to use it. Only concern is what will happen to all of these forms next gen. It’s obvs a future problem but that’s the thing about introducing these major gimmicks each Gen

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

RR529

@Dezzy, the controversy stems from the fact that not all the 800+ Pokemon will be in the game's code, thus certain Pokemon from past games won't be transferrable to Sword/Shield, I think the first sort of limitation for the series.

This is expounded by the fact that GameFreak said that the limitation is due to them having to make more detailed Pokemon models & animations, though it appears they are just reusing the models/animations from the 3DS games (which were futureproofed for HD, and scaled down for the 3DS entries).

People also pay for Pokemon Bank, a paid for online Pokemon storage system, and people are upset that they won't be able to transfer over Pokemon they're paying to store (the belief being that since they're paying for this service, GameFreak should be obligated to make sure they're able to use any Pokemon they have stored in upcoming games).

It doesn't bother me because I haven't played a Pokemon game since gen 3, but I believe that's the gist of it.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

Gigantamaxing only reinforces my thought that these games should really be named Pokemon Kaiju. XD It's an interesting concept, but it seems a bit...I dunno...much?

Out of the new Pokemon reveals, my favorite design by far is Rolycoly. Duraldon's typing is one of my favorite combos, but it looks...okay. Alcremie looks like a better-looking Slurpuff, but overall I'm not too fond of its design. It DOES beat its Gigantamax form though.

I like many of the new human character designs with this batch too. Allister is my favorite design. I also might be jumping the gun a bit, but doesn't anyone else think that Chairman Rose and his assistant seem suspicious?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

-Green-

You take that back. Slurpuff is best cake Pokémon

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tyranexx

Via Serebii, we now have confirmation of the new name for the all-powerful Steel type move.

Serebii wrote:

Back in April, CoroCoro ran a competition for the most powerful Steel-type move's name and today they have announced the winner. The move, known by Duraludon is known in Japan as roughly "Exhaustive Beam" or Do-or-Die" (てっていこうせん). This move is Steel-type, Special with 140 base power and will do recoil of 50% of the user's HP.

It kinda reminds me of an exclusive move that I dreamed up for a Fakemon one time called A.I. Cannon. It was essentially a Steel type Hyper Beam with the same limitations.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

Morpheel wrote:

So far that the battle animations and graphics are not as good as they could be, and that some legacy Pokémon won’t be transferable to these games.

So, basically no.

The only part that means anything to me is that the open field area did look very basic in terms of graphics. After Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2, that looked very rough.

Gravitron

@Dezzy most stuff looks underwhelming compared to Botw and XC2. XC2 is able to hide a lot with clouds I will say that. Botw is infallible as far as I'm concerned as good as it could possibly be given the hardware limitations.

I get it though, the Pokemon company is never going to run out of money it could've been better

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

Dezzy

@Gravitron

BotW definitely not infallible. It has some areas that look really ugly. Especially the areas with a lot of rock cliffs, I feel they didn't do much to make those areas look good. For example:

Untitled

But it also has a huge number of areas that look excellent. The main grassy area, the snow area, the beach along the coast, the desert. All of those look really incredible given the hardware limitations.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
I still like to call Yamper as Corgi because it's definetely Corgi dog with Pikachu elemental. 😆

Speaking about Yamper...
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@BacklogBlues I honestly feel sorry for the people who get tricked into buying those themed cards. Even as someone who wastes a lot of money on figurines and plushies, themed SD cards seem much worse. You're paying for something that, once you put it into the console, you never see! Like, at least I can look at and enjoy my plastic toys on the shelf!

I feel like theme'd SD cards are there to prey on parents and grandparents who don't really know what they are doing, they just know their kid asked for an SD card for their Switch and likes this or that game. They get tricked into buying the theme'd card and spend more money than they need to.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Harmonie

@Dezzy They're expecting people to be too distracted by "OMG cute corgi Pokemon!" to actually pay attention to the animations.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic