Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,187

Morpheel

@Octane my reasoning for the number is mostly the wild area. Have a good percentage of those Pokémon be exclusive to the different conditions of the wild area. Some maybe even don’t appear until after post game.

That way each player could be having a rather different experience depending on which ones they find during their main quest, and they can give the players more legacy monsters to play with without overfilling the rest of the region with species, like X and Y.

Keep in mind this could also include the expanded post game dex that these games tend to do, like Black and White for example.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Morpheel Yeah, that's a good point. They can have quite a few of them roaming that field. I just hope there are enough new ones.

Octane

-Green-

Gamefreak has been known to be pretty bad at optimizing and at getting use to new hardware. I can understand them struggling with this big leap for them. I was a bit confused since I assumed that the stuff with Gen 6 was to avoid these issues in the future, but I can see it. They have very slightly altered some of the models too, so not sure.

Edit: https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/1139217435486236672?s=20
Apparently in a famitsu interview it was confirmed that’s z-moves and mega evolutions are now gone. Which i understand why, Megas weren’t exactly a sustainable idea and they did bust the power creep of the game and partially the same for z-moves. Dynamaxing is basically the two in one but far far more cost effective. Since they mostly need to upscale the models, but I’m gonna miss Megas. For their time they were unique and honestly dynamaxing is not a very visually appealing mechanic. Maybe if the Pokémon models looked more alive perhaps.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@CanisWolfred No that's Pokemon fusion when they run out of ideas next gen.

Octane

-Green-

If this is a new policy they just do for each future game, I can’t wait for it to become like Smash where everyone is just waiting to see if their favorite mons made it in or not.

except for Gen 1 of course

Edited on by -Green-

Morpheel

please do not spam links to petitions.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Morpheel

Well, it is when you create an account exclusively to post a link to your petition.

Feel free to add the link to your signature or something. Then join the discusssion normally and people may see it.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

-Green-

Yeah it is a shame that there are people out there who take things too far. It’s almost always the case on the internet and it sadly hurts both sides.

Yorumi

@-Green- usually the term is so misused that anything short of pure worship is "toxic".

@Mittens you could of course try not implying that criticism is "toxic" and try engaging in a discussion of opinions. Instead of trying to turn this into an us vs them, I'm good you're evil mess discuss things in a respectful way. It's not exactly elevating the level of discourse to just show up and immediately start accusing people.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

Yorumi

@Mittens yeah ok so you just decided to derail an entire thread on a completely unrelated website to offer no context to your comments because some unnamed people someone somewhen might or might not have done something you didn't like. Your comments had absolutely nothing at all to do in any way with what was going on in the thread, that again is not even on the same website as the people you're upset with. Right yeah that makes sense.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

Morpheel

Let's move on and continue talking about the pokeymans

Eh! My gameplay videos

RedderRugfish

Every so often I take a peek in this thread, then immediately close the door and walk away

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Tsurii

So, apparently gym leaders might have unique themes? Nessa's is out in the wild and while I don't know where it could be heard, Milo is supposed to have a different theme for his battle. Pretty sweet, if that's true. Also, trainers have unique encounter themes again and trainers, or at least gym leaders/important characters, talk during battles again. All these little things really add up, games look to be shaping up great. Only (minor) stinker is the thing about the national dex but.. who cares, really.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

-Green-

I mean it’s not that big of a deal, but it is annoying that this will be a future policy for Pokémon. Maybe it’ll get better in the future with Gamefreak hopefully improving animations and quality, but I won’t deny that Game Freak has made a habit of removing features such as these.

I can also understand that it may annoy people who don’t want to possibly be unable to use their special or favorite Pokemon.

Edited on by -Green-

CanisWolfred

Pokemon developers being able to work at a healthy pace so they can put out the best product they can without burning out the majority of their team and therefore will have a reliable pool of talent than can pull from and help build upon the foundations set by each game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rushing out two games to market after numerous employees spend 100+ hour work weeks to meet their taskmasters' demands, slowly losing their sanity and sense of self-worth in the process.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

-Green-

^^^Of course that as well, but that largely is part of the problem that Pokémon is becoming increasingly more time consuming and difficult to make, but the time given to it to be developed hasn’t really grown.

CanisWolfred

-Green- wrote:

^^^Of course that as well, but that largely is part of the problem that Pokémon is becoming increasingly more time consuming and difficult to make, but the time given to it to be developed hasn’t really grown.

That's a good point, and unfortunately, the only reason they haven't gotten more time is because it would cost them a lot of money - and I don't mean potentially missing out on a holiday season, either. It'd be great if they simply adjusted the entire multi-media schedule to allow for more time to get the main franchise up to speed. Hopefully that'll take the reactions to this into account, and perhaps the post-Switch generations will be spread out over longer time frames.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Tsurii

@-Green- I think another angle to look at it is that it simply keeps things relatively fresh. They are 100% gonna have a ton of Pokémon that will appear in all games simply because they're popular (altho I think even Pikachu missed one of the regional dexes besides Unova?) but the bulk of them will change from game to game, or gen to gen.
And you also already said that it keeps the roster more manageable for people who wanna go for everyone in any given region.

Is it annoying? Kinda. Does it make the games worse? lolnope. All initial criticism and my growing dislike of Gen 1's designs (because they get comparatively more bland and "lazy" with each new set of Pokémon, in my opinion) aside, Let's Go actually were a nice change of pace because you only have the original 151 (+2)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic