Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 701 to 720 of 3,072

Octane

@Knuckles-Fajita The question is, are they actually redoing all the textures? (and is it Game Freak or Creatures?). It would be incredibly stupid if they made high quality models, but didn't future proof the textures. The main difference we're seeing right now is higher quality rendering, different lighting and shaders, and maybe a hue shift.

Well, we have no idea how big the game is going to be in terms of file size, so it's hard to comment on that.

Octane

Octane

And FYI, I don't mind this by the way. It was going to happen at some point. They had to cut off some Pokemon eventually, I just don't entirely buy their reasoning.

Octane

Eel

@Octane my reasoning for the number is mostly the wild area. Have a good percentage of those Pokémon be exclusive to the different conditions of the wild area. Some maybe even don’t appear until after post game.

That way each player could be having a rather different experience depending on which ones they find during their main quest, and they can give the players more legacy monsters to play with without overfilling the rest of the region with species, like X and Y.

Keep in mind this could also include the expanded post game dex that these games tend to do, like Black and White for example.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Morpheel Yeah, that's a good point. They can have quite a few of them roaming that field. I just hope there are enough new ones.

Octane

-Green-

Gamefreak has been known to be pretty bad at optimizing and at getting use to new hardware. I can understand them struggling with this big leap for them. I was a bit confused since I assumed that the stuff with Gen 6 was to avoid these issues in the future, but I can see it. They have very slightly altered some of the models too, so not sure.

Edit: https://twitter.com/pokejungle/status/1139217435486236672?s=20
Apparently in a famitsu interview it was confirmed that’s z-moves and mega evolutions are now gone. Which i understand why, Megas weren’t exactly a sustainable idea and they did bust the power creep of the game and partially the same for z-moves. Dynamaxing is basically the two in one but far far more cost effective. Since they mostly need to upscale the models, but I’m gonna miss Megas. For their time they were unique and honestly dynamaxing is not a very visually appealing mechanic. Maybe if the Pokémon models looked more alive perhaps.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@CanisWolfred No that's Pokemon fusion when they run out of ideas next gen.

Octane

-Green-

If this is a new policy they just do for each future game, I can’t wait for it to become like Smash where everyone is just waiting to see if their favorite mons made it in or not.

except for Gen 1 of course

Edited on by -Green-

Eel

Well, it is when you create an account exclusively to post a link to your petition.

Feel free to add the link to your signature or something. Then join the discusssion normally and people may see it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Yeah it is a shame that there are people out there who take things too far. It’s almost always the case on the internet and it sadly hurts both sides.

-Green-

I mean it’s not that big of a deal, but it is annoying that this will be a future policy for Pokémon. Maybe it’ll get better in the future with Gamefreak hopefully improving animations and quality, but I won’t deny that Game Freak has made a habit of removing features such as these.

I can also understand that it may annoy people who don’t want to possibly be unable to use their special or favorite Pokemon.

Edited on by -Green-

CanisWolfred

Pokemon developers being able to work at a healthy pace so they can put out the best product they can without burning out the majority of their team and therefore will have a reliable pool of talent than can pull from and help build upon the foundations set by each game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rushing out two games to market after numerous employees spend 100+ hour work weeks to meet their taskmasters' demands, slowly losing their sanity and sense of self-worth in the process.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

-Green-

^^^Of course that as well, but that largely is part of the problem that Pokémon is becoming increasingly more time consuming and difficult to make, but the time given to it to be developed hasn’t really grown.

CanisWolfred

-Green- wrote:

^^^Of course that as well, but that largely is part of the problem that Pokémon is becoming increasingly more time consuming and difficult to make, but the time given to it to be developed hasn’t really grown.

That's a good point, and unfortunately, the only reason they haven't gotten more time is because it would cost them a lot of money - and I don't mean potentially missing out on a holiday season, either. It'd be great if they simply adjusted the entire multi-media schedule to allow for more time to get the main franchise up to speed. Hopefully that'll take the reactions to this into account, and perhaps the post-Switch generations will be spread out over longer time frames.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Grumblevolcano

@Yorumi I think Nintendo's likely the reason Pokemon is annual, not Game Freak and Nintendo's done the same for Zelda though ports and remasters give the Zelda team more time.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Dropping the news about the lack of support for numerous Pokemon from previous games during E3 was pretty smart, I think. People aren't going to cry and scream about this for months. By the time November rolls around, all but the most embittered fans will likely be eager to dive into the new games.

Outrage culture is ferocious, but it also has no real longevity to it.

Anyway, that gym theme sounds fantastic. Aside from the National Dex controversy, I've loved everything I've seen about this new set of games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Green-

I don’t think nintendo is to blame for the release schedule. The Pokémon merchandise and advertising machine is likely more of the culprit. They’re constantly advertising new games, movies, shows, merchandise etc. They all promote and support each other, but are also dependent on each other. So they work under a very strict schedule

Edit: clarified

Edited on by -Green-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic