Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 541 to 560 of 3,072

Grumblevolcano

Did anyone else notice BotW music when the Direct was discussing the Wild Area in more detail?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@IceClimbers Great! So, much more like Pokemon Let's Go, but with the occasional random battle. It's funny, considering how people were swearing up and down based on the first teaser that random battles were back in full.

I think the "Pokemon wandering around the map" thing will work better in big open areas as opposed to LGPE's congested, Game Boy-era levels. And battling is back, thankfully. I hated not being able to battle wild Pokemon.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Dogorilla

@Grumblevolcano Yeah I thought that sounded suspiciously like BotW music too. Surely it wasn't actually BotW music though?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Ralizah

@Dogorilla I'm sure it's just BotW-esque ambient music. Which I don't mind at all. I found it quite tranquil in BotW.

Eel

Just wait until you see their powered up forms, Swordangeldogomon and Shieldogodemomon, battle in the climax of the story.

And whatever it is they were scared of in the teaser.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

redd214

I have a question hopefully someone more Pokémon experienced can answer.

2 kids, 2 switches, definitely want them to do the whole raid thing together. My plan was to get the double pack to have both games but will the Raiding require 2 copies of the same one or will the double pack work for local coop in that regard? Hopefully that makes sense.

Perhaps this hasn't been answered yet but figured it was worth asking before pre-ordering.

Thanks

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Eel

Both versions of the game should be fully compatible with each other, they're both the same game, just slightly different.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

-Green-

Honestly the new pokemons shown this trailer give me more Gen 6 vibes than 7. It’s weird but the way they look and and are structured kind of remind of something from Gen 6.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

redd214

@Morpheel cool so if I just get the double pack they will still be able to raid together locally. Thanks for the quick answer.

redd214

Ralizah

The lighting and character models are genuinely fantastic in these games (compared to previous games). These games almost look like the modern Pokemon anime.

The people who keep talking about how these "look like 3DS games" really need to have their vision examined.

Eel

@redd214 yeah, if the pack comes with individual copies of the game, (instead of something silly like a single code that redeems both, or both games in one cartridge), then yes, it will be perfect for local multiplayer.

Bloop.

RR529

I haven't played Pokemon since gen 3, but these are looking great. Depending on what they show of Luigi's Mansion (not that interested in Animal Crossing), or a suprise reveal or two, this looks to be my most anticipated Switch exclusive of the Fall.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Matthew010

I've never understood why people buy a double pack for what is essentially the same game. Sure, Pokémon completionists will want all the Pokémon, but spending $120 on what is essentially the same game rather than $60 minus some exclusive Pokémon has never made sense to me, which is probably why I never do it.

Matthew010

Matthew010

From the Direct, however, my favourite bit was the Wild Area. Open world, Pokémon in the open world like in Let's Go and free camera control is all very exciting to me. Being able to see all the Pokémon in the world is one of my favourite Let's Go features!

Matthew010

Late

@-Green- I can see where you are coming from. And that's probably a good thing since both games take inspiration from Europe.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Ralizah

Jesus, only a few hours later, and there's already a good deal of Sonia rule 34.

@Tsurii Considering how good games like FE: Three Houses and Pokemon S/S look, the boxart for a lot of their upcoming games are weirdly underwhelming. A stealth bid to increase digital sales, perhaps?

Edited on by Ralizah

toiletduck

Wow those Dynamax evo's look really lame. I really hope you can ignore that part for the majority of the game, just as you can with Mega evolutions. And the Sword legendary...? With a sword in the mouth..? Really? At least make it a tail or something. This looks really uninspired. I've never had much with legendaries anyway, but still...

If ignoring dynamax doesn't break the game, it's a definite day one though. Game looks really cool!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic