Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 521 to 540 of 3,072

Tyranexx

@Gravitron I can roll with McRib too! Funny thing is, I don't normally nickname my Pokemon in the main games. It has to be something truly special.

...Or, in Gen 5, to get around TPC's OCD nickname embargos. The base English names for both Froslass and Nosepass meant that the GTS wouldn't accept them until you gave them a nickname.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TOUGHDUDE94

Also a cool and edgey rival

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Gravitron

Difficulty sliders, a built in Nuzlocke mode, deeper character customization, and Galorian Forms are my wants. If I had to pick one it would be difficulty sliders, which would also allow there to be different leagues for online battles so you dont crush someone who is more of a casual player all the time. Nuzlocke mode would be a completion bonus after you finish the regular game.

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

Gravitron

@Tsurii if they added randomizer with the restriction of not being able to do online battles with Pokemon obtained from nuzlocke mode it would add something. Either way it'll never happen outside of fan hacks. I just feel like it's a pretty significant thing in the Pokemon community but also I'm not sure if it's as big in Japan as it is in the UK and US

Gravitron

-Green-

New games look really exciting so far. Only minor gripe is with some of the character designs

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

darkfenrir

I'm excited for Pokemon Shield!

darkfenrir

Sisilly_G

Adjustable camera? Check.

There do seem to be roaming Pokémon (yaay!) but I think they will only be intermittent.

The only real disappointment was the fact that the two legendaries look nearly identical.

And I really hope the dual pack comes with the standard cases as well. I was really disappointed that I only got the steelbook with the Smash boxed version.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Anti-Matter

Man...! 😀
DynaMax was kinda cool but i was concerning about the audiences inside the stadium. 😅

Anti-Matter

Bankaj

Mostly excited about the Wild Area! Looks like the perfect compensation to enjoy Pokemon in an open-world feeling.

Bankaj

Ralizah

Mixing random battles with Pokemon on the map is a fantastic idea. Makes the environment feel alive while also not crowding out the screen with giant animals spinning in circles like in LGPE.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Harmonie

The "wild area" has me hyped. I like the controllable camera, the larger more open landscape, and even the roaming Pokemon. That's kind of the kick that Sword/Shield needed to be at least better in line with more modern games (still not perfectly there, but a massive step I didn't think I could even hope for lol).

The giant Pokemon thing is cheesy, IMO. But the battle effects look pretty neat if this is anything to go by. ALSO, it's very nice to see a female professor.

The legendaries? I don't know that I really like the Japanese robot vibe they give off, but I do think that the sword one could grow on me.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

-Green-

The champion looks like a total dweeb. Not what you’d expect from the strongest guy in the region

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah I didn't see both at the same time in the trailer, could be a toggle?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

Hype! A great looking adventure these are turning out to be. That vocal song also gives the musical vibe the games will be taking, I feel. The Wild Space is also sure to evolve into something that people are really wanting in future games, I'm guessing. It certainly looks large.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Late

Was a fine Direct in my opinion. I'm excited for the Wild Area. I was hoping they'd take some notes from games like Xenoblade when it came to overworld design and it seems like they did. Now I hope the towns and cities are fun to explore too. Can't say much about the new Pokémon designs yet. Revealing the champion from the get go was a good idea since this is a world where everyone should know him. Really liking the animations too. It seems like the player character is much more expressive this time around.

Don't really like how they still had to have one new battle mechanic that resembles Mega Evolutions and Z-moves and will most likely be dropped later or they leave it in but focus on another mechanic once again. I was fine with Mega Evolutions. They should've just kept making few new ones for each generation. Though I do like their thinking when it comes to the huge Pokémon. They have larger areas and big stadiums so now they have to fill them and make them more epic. This is one way to do that. Not a fan of the box art but I'm getting it digitally anyway so it's not a big deal.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Commandervide0

Nice to see the bike is back. I missed it in sun/moon.

Commandervide0

Eel

So the sword legendary literally carries a sword like it’s its favorite toy.

It’s honestly kinda cute as a concept.

Also hah, turns out both legendaries are red AND blue.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano I don't think a toggle really makes sense. If they spend that much time on something like this, they're keeping it in the game. Calling it now: Pokemon on the map will be partially for scene-dressing (so the environments feel alive) and partially for Pokemon that only appear under certain environmental conditions. But you're also not tripping over random Pokemon every three feet, and all those character models aren't destroying the game's performance. It's a good system.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DarkRula

Yup. This is a region inspired by the UK. Nice-looking postbox within that one town.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic