Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 501 to 520 of 3,072

Tyranexx

Honestly, the only reasons why I'm currently leaning towards Sword have to do with the fact that blue is my favorite color and that I really like swords.

What usually sways me is the cover Pokemon and other version exclusives. With the exception of Gold and Silver back in the day (when I had a ton of time lol), I've traditionally just picked up one of the two versions.

Out of each Gen and ignoring the Gen 2 games and the third versions of earlier gens, I've received the following:

Blue (I prefer Charizard, but again, blue is my favorite color. XD)
Ruby
LeafGreen (Mainly because we technically never had Green)
Diamond
SoulSilver
White
Black 2 (White 2 would have made more sense, but I'm not a fan of Reshiram)
Y
Omega Ruby
Sun
Ultra Sun

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

I've admittedly ended up with both versions of each generation aside from Ruby and Omega Ruby. I don't know what I have apparently have against Ruby, lol.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

I’ve traditionally only obtained the blue version (gen five being the only outsider up to this point) and the third release. I only really get the other original version if I find it cheap or something happened to my previous one.

With gen 5, I got white because Zekrom just seemed more appealing. Probably because he has blue.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

...Going off of my list above, I guess I have opted for the "red" version the last few times. Death wyverns with wicked designs win over the almost as cool sparkling antelope in my book. Same with awesome-looking volcanic scorpions vs. Mantine on steroids.

As for the most recent two, there isn't any evidence on this website that I like cats. None at all.

I also tend to lean towards certain types like fire, with a few exceptions like Lugia.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Venus_Adept

Im going blue as always. Lugia, Kyogre and Suicune are my faves box legends. Also i really love Latios and Articuno. Even my local baseball team is blue. Blue Power!!! Except for the console competition (war) in that case im red 😉.

Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

Strike out then 😂. Back in the gba times i used to play Saphire and my friend Ruby, then we trade Latios and Latias and that way we fixed the color order in the universe,(Perfectly balanced as all things shoul be LOL, Thanos would be proud of us). But now i cant do that so i will stick to the Blue Legendary instead.

Edited on by Venus_Adept

Venus_Adept

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

what if they do another curve ball and the sword legendary is red, while the shield legendary is blue

This very thing initially confused me with Black and White. The sequels thankfully fixed it. In any case, I still refused to use Reshiram. It's one of the few dragon designs in the series that I'm not fond of.

-Green-

Been replaying Platinum to get a better sense of understanding of the older times. Despite its sluggishness something it does very well is how it’s areas are laid out. It has separate entire small bits and pieces of areas to explore and some of which are not necessary at all.

Like Wayward cave, while aggravating as heck, gives you so much good stuff and is entirely optional. The HM usage is overboard but it’s somewhat cute in the aspect that they feel more like treasures. Honestly while the games are slow paced it is refreshing to not be hassled every 5 minutes by a cutscene.

So the point of this was mostly to say that I hope they go back more to this form of world design and learn from their issues with pacing.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Heavyarms55

I just want to make note of how I love that, despite this game not even releasing for several more months, it has 29 pages of replies already. XD

Heavyarms55

@-Green- Gen 4 was particularly heavy on HM use, but Sinnoh is one of the biggest regions to explore. Sadly many areas are no longer accessible without cheating, because they are locked behind timed events.

-Green-

I take credit for atleast 60% of the posts here 🤓

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

The other 40% is just random back and forth about pokemon ecology and the importance of not revealing every single detail of your game before release.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Gravitron

I just want to take my derpy Eevee with the bowl cut into SwSh with me. Hopefully they find a way to tone down the craziness with Eevee knowing all those broken moves. In Gen 1 hes a breaker of worlds but hopefully we dont see random Eevee from let's go dominating online battles.

Gravitron

Seacliff

-Green- wrote:

It has separate entire small bits and pieces of areas to explore and some of which are not necessary at all.

This was still mostly the case in BW.
XY had about one or two optional dungeons.
Sun and Moon had... a couple of optional routes and one-room caves.

I'm not asking for an open world or anything, but I really do hope they have more optional locations to explore this time around.

Seacliff

Tyranexx

Gravitron wrote:

I just want to take my derpy Eevee with the bowl cut into SwSh with me.

I'm highly tempted to get an Eevee with the same cut whenever I play Let's Go Eevee. I'll nickname it Mandark.

Cliched evil laugh not included.

DarkRula

I highly doubt the starter from Let's Go will be able to be transferred. That would be pretty game breaking, as would those increased stats from the candy.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

TOUGHDUDE94

do you think we hit 1000 pokemon in this gen

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

DarkRula

It's pretty much impossible for that to happen unless we were to get the most new 'mon in a generation ever.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Gravitron

@Tyranexx that's a solid nickname for that haircut. My Eevee's name is McRib for no particular reason at all. He looks absolutely ridiculous and I love him. Fun fact still havent caught Mewtwo in Let's Go still trying for that Shiny. I need someone else to trade me a Mewtwo so I can get the shiny charm

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic