Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 501 to 520 of 845

scottdevine48

Are you happy with Charla Returning in Sword and Shield anime?

scottdevine48

-Green-

It's interesting that Gamefreak has been more tight-lipped with SS than with what they did with SM. Been over 2 months and they haven't spilled out the pokedex in front of our face yet. Good job The Pokemon company.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Morpheel

They still have time to show us every little detail about the games

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Venus_Adept

Morpheel wrote:

They still have time to show us every little detail about the games

I dont want this, of course. But a little info here and there doesnt hurt anyone. Lets say the number of new pokemon or a short footage without spoilers.

Venus_Adept

Arcamenel

I don't really expect anything until E3 and then little bits after leading up until release like they've done before.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

-Green-

SM just showed way way too much. They had entire trailers just showing the new Pokémon. Their Demo getting datamined (because apparently ORAS didn’t teach them anything) was just the death blow to the Pokédex.

I’d honestly just be content with seeing the second starter evos, this gens pidgey and ratata and some areas of the region. Leave most of it as a surprise please.

Tyranexx

Arcamenel wrote:

I don't really expect anything until E3 and then little bits after leading up until release like they've done before.

This. Personally I can wait as I'm somewhat behind on the most recent Pokemon releases. My hope is to finally start Ultra Sun this weekend.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Tsurii

I think I'm just gonna ignore everything that's not part of a direct (because I still wanna see those)
I don't care about going into these games without knowing the new designs, the last time I did that was when I got Crystal, but I kinda wanna go in (mostly) blind this time. Just for the "novelty" of it lol

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

SViper

It's most likely there will be something new in CoroCoro this month. So that means we most likely will get trailer next week to get ahead of CoroCoro.

Edited on by SViper

SViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

SViper

Gravitron wrote:

@SViper *CoroCoro

Thanks, fixed. Can't believe I forgot the name in less then month.

SViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

We know a lot more about Sword/Shield at this point than about Sun/Moon at this time in 2016. All we had was the Pokemon Direct tease until this trailer on May 10th 2016:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kaid_3720

i hope that after this we get a diamond and pearl remake, those games are close to my heart and i think the 3d effects would be so cool

kaid_3720

Tyranexx

kaid_3720 wrote:

i hope that after this we get a diamond and pearl remake, those games are close to my heart and i think the 3d effects would be so cool

I'd be on board with this actually. Until Sun and Moon, those were the Pokemon games I was the most hyped about before release. The world wasn't as connected then, but I was able to try the in-store demo back when demo units were more common around here. The not-quite-3D effect was mind-blowing to young teenage me at the time. Ruby and Sapphire were significant graphical leaps in their own right after Gens 1 and 2, but this took the series to a whole new level for me.

Gens 4 and 5 still contain my favorite art styles in the series.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Mega Man X (SNES Classic), Kirby Super Star (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

-Green-

Gen 5’s art style always felt strange to me in appearance. Incredibly blocky and messy, even by Pokémon standards. It was nice that they were trying new things though. Although the 3D structures were among the uglies things in Pokémon that I can recall.

Morpheel

It was a 3d game on the DS, and they were coming out of the “it’s 3D but mostly looks like 2D with depth” phase of the fourth gen. They had to work with what they had.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

Yup, I appreciate them trying new stuff and looks. It just didn’t age very well I’d say

ReaderRagfish

-Green- wrote:

It just didn’t age very well I’d say

I didn't even think it looked that good when I watched my brother play it upon release. It made heavy use of the sprite scaling and rotating effects, which usually looked bad and pixelated on the DS. You could tell they were trying to do new stuff with the graphics, but I feel that they pushed the DS a bit too hard.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Bolt_Strike

DP remakes are the only other game I could possibly be excited for until Game Freak finally decides to go open world. And even then, that's only if they don't screw it up by removing something from the original game or dumbing down the maps or something. DP is already a good game, all they have to do is recreate it in the SM/SwSh style and throw in Platinum's Pokedex and a story arc with Giratina and you have a slam dunk. Knowing Game Freak though, they're going to do something to make this game mediocre.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

I think Let's Go is the remake series now (e.g. I think 2020 will be Let's Go games in Johto) so the DP remakes would be in the Let's Go style after Johto and Hoenn have been done.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic