Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 3,072

-Juice-

Max Raid Battles are frustrating. It seems like I can never successfully join one online (two out of six attempts), and offline just doesn’t work for 5-star ones.

They really just need to have you wait in a lobby until the raid you want to join is open. I’m tired of seeing an interesting raid pop up, immediately try to join it, only to be met with every spot already taken up. When I try to set raids upon myself, no one ever joins. I’ve tried about ten times, and out of those only one had players join... AND IT WAS JUST ONE PLAYER.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

rallydefault

Geez, especially back in my day, you could consider most console video games for "kids" and they were hard as heck or needed lots of time. I guess these days you have a wider range of games so there truly are "kids' games," but Pokémon sure isn't one of them lol

rallydefault

jump

I miss being able to look into bins, I keep finding myself going upto bins and pressing A instinctively.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

Oh interesting, my brother got the code to get the special backpack from amazon, I thought that was only for the double pack.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DenDen

I Need some help why does my internet conection swap to local communication all the time?
I only have this with pokemon and that while Im coneccted to the Internet, how do I turn it of

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Sisilly_G

jump wrote:

I miss being able to look into bins, I keep finding myself going upto bins and pressing A instinctively.

I still do, even though it's completely fruitless the overwhelming majority of the time.

I usually spam A when I'm in somebody's house in search of anything that can be interacted with, and secondly, because I'm a nosey sort that can't keep their grubby mitts off strangers' furniture.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

jump wrote:

I've just caught my first shiny but it's Klink

I'm now on my 2nd shiny, a Drifloon. I'm open for trades for either of these two if anyone is interested, preferably shinies but I will consider other things.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

The fact that people are praising this game for allowing you to skip the catching tutorial is kind of pissing me off. This is a feature available in GEN 2. SwSh should not be praised for an "innovation" from the year 2000

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Maelwolf

@iKhan I guess if it’s being called an innovation I can see your point, but if it’s just a good feature I certainly understand why it’s mentioned. Too many games still have tedious mandatory tutorials, it’s nice to have them as optional.

Maelwolf

Seacliff

Gravitron wrote:

The fact of the matter is that Pokemon is at it's core marketed towards kids. Suiting our adult needs would alienate the kid needs. If they tried to please adults in 96 it wouldn't be the phenomenal success it is today. My solution for this was difficultly settings. It wouldn't alienate either side. I'm optimistic to the future of what this franchise could accomplish

But do you know two really big games that a lot of kids play? Fortnite and Minecraft.

Neither game holds your hand or has many arbitrary barriers for progression, definitely not to the extent of Pokemon. Both expect the player to understand and master the game's core mechanics to succeed, Pokemon doesn't ask much beyond the attribute chart.

So saying it's this way for the kids sounds more like Gamefreak's misunderstanding of what kids are actually capable of.

Seacliff

nintykid

I wish GF had chosen a nicer art style. Just because it's targeted at kids doesn't mean it has to look so ugly, look at Fornite for example

nintykid

iKhan

@DarthNocturnal

Maybe it's just me being a gentwoer (is that a thing?). But it's not that I'm upset people are glad the feature is there. It's more that I'm upset that people had become accustomed to not having something that had been a feature in the past.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

nintykid

@Snaplocket I agree it's subjective. I particularly don't like how the characters look, it seems like an upscaled 3DS game. I know it's an opinion thing, but they look so bland to me, as if it were lacking a personality :/

Edited on by nintykid

nintykid

-Green-

These games are definitely like XY. In terms of pacing and overall improvements and flaws they’re scarily similar to each other

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

The Wild Areas could look better, I guess, but the Pokemon and trainers look like they stepped out of the anime, and I think that's pretty cool. The towns also look extremely nice so far. And the music is great.

It's pretty much everything I would have ever expected out of a Pokemon game on the Switch, presentation-wise.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

Between the final evolution of grookey and the punk rock lizard, I think my team is looking more like a band.

Gotta get a lead singer.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Jimez

Got me an Eevee, now can work on Leafeon as soon as i get a Leaf Stone.

Jimez

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic