Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 3,072

User199x

Finally got the game, but I won't open it until my birthday.

User199x

GameOtaku

This game is WAY too easy! Already 2 gyms down and my Pokemon in party are nearly level 30! Having exp share from the start just ruins everything. Before you actually had to use Pokemon in your party to level them up and now it doesn't even matter at all.

GameOtaku

BlackTalon2

you will need the overleveled pokemon when you fight the legendaries.

Edited on by BlackTalon2

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Eel

I remember on my first X playthrough I was over level 30 before the second gym too.

Good times. That one had an amazing amount of stuff between the first and second gym. But then the other six gyms come one after the other like there’s no tomorrow. That was a bit disappointing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Btw, if i have Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee Save Data, both Pikachu and Eevee i got for Pokemon Sword / Shield will NOT getting evolve, right ?

Anti-Matter

ABMKAAM

2394 4016 7911 Add Me

ABMKAAM

jump

I'm not keen on the legendaries at all and I'm lukewarm on the starters but this is probably my favourite batch of new gen pokes for a long while. Whilst there are definitely some that fell like filler and there are new forms that don't feel like they're welcomed but these are great additions. It makes wonder if they chose specific weaker/less popular pokes from the past gens to make the new ones pop more.

Snaplocket wrote:

BlackTalon2 Okay no. The correct answer is English and Japanese. The majority of Pokemon fans out their speak English. I hate when a game doesn't get dubbed no one complains but when there's no Japanese gamers act like they're flat out betrayed. Pokemon is on eof the biggest franchises in the world, there is no excuse why they can't support English voice acting.

I think they should get around it by just having all the humans characters say "human" or whatever the local translation is like the pokes in the cartoon. I'd love to see people's reaction to that.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

@JaxonH
I will say this: though we don't always agree, I appreciate your entry into this thread and your impressions. Something that's becoming clear to me: it seems this game is doing a great job of appealing to newer Pokémon players like you and myself, and thus arises the classic tale of the old-school, "hardcore" players feeling let down on certain gameplay/systems changes that were changed for ease/quality of life for people who won't play the game for hundreds of hours, but would like to have a nice experience for 40 hours, perhaps.

I'm gonna head to GameStop today and see what happens. I may go with Sword, I may go with Lucky's Tale, or I may go with both lol It'll be a spur of the moment thing. But your impressions and @Ralizah 's impressions make me feel a bit better about giving it a shot.

rallydefault

Anti-Matter

Imagine if after 3 years later, the Generation 9 Pokemon will be based on...... Indonesia, my country.
I will be proud if GameFreaks consider Indonesia as the next country for Pokemon based inspiration. There are a lot of signature things from Indonesia such as Batik, Gamelan, Wayang Kulit, Tugu Pahlawan, 17 Agustus 1945, Kecak, Trunyan, Barong, Hanuman, Cendrawasih (Bird of Paradise), Bali, etc. 😉

Anti-Matter

Manah

I'm probably just extremely dumb, but can anyone explain the online features to me? The only thing I can select is raid battles. If I start a trade or look for cards I sometimes get matched up with people, is that random? Seems very pointless to me that the game shows me a list of people looking to do things and even has a search function when it won't actually let me connect to them.

Ralizah

@Galenmereth Interesting. To me, it's the opposite. The shading in LGPE made the Pokemon look plastic-y and unreal, but whatever they've done with it here looks superb. They look like they were pulled out of a cartoon, which is a really attractive look, imo.

@rallydefault Well, like I point out to people, a physical copy is a fairly risk-free investment. They hold their value, so if you just end up not liking it, you can likely resell it and get the majority of your money back.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ThanosReXXX

@snaplocket Yeah, I figured as much, but it is still weird how many people think this is actually true, much like with Monolith Games. But in the end, neither are Nintendo's "property", they only ever have a partial say in them.

@Ralizah I honestly have no idea, but considering the construction of this franchise, I'd say that the three companies will each have an equal say in things, so two of them could probably outweigh the third, if the need or want would arise.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ralizah

LOL the higher-ups REALLY need to stop giving interviews about game design choices. I'm not down on the game at all, and even I think this pretzel logic is annoying:

“In the past, we’ve used the Exp. Share system and, more recently, you were able to disable it and limit the experience gain to a single Pokemon. Yet we noticed that many players were leaving the Exp. Share system set to ‘ON’. Seeing this, we started to wonder if there really was a need for players to be able to turn it off – if there was value in it as a gameplay feature. Of course, we discussed the fact that some players only wanted to train one Pokemon at a time, but what arose from our talks is that if players wanted to do this, why not bring only one Pokemon with them? … in order to remove the need for the off switch, why not allow them to change their team anywhere and at any time? This way, if they only want to have one Pokemon at their side and focus on leveling it up, they can; otherwise they can have a full team, training them all at once and thus having an easier time. So, rather than focusing on Exp. Share, we concentrated on team composition.”

https://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-sword-shield-no-experi...

jump

Ralizah wrote:

LOL the higher-ups REALLY need to stop giving interviews about game design choices. I'm not down on the game at all, and even I think this pretzel logic is annoying:

“In the past, we’ve used the Exp. Share system and, more recently, you were able to disable it and limit the experience gain to a single Pokemon. Yet we noticed that many players were leaving the Exp. Share system set to ‘ON’. Seeing this, we started to wonder if there really was a need for players to be able to turn it off – if there was value in it as a gameplay feature. Of course, we discussed the fact that some players only wanted to train one Pokemon at a time, but what arose from our talks is that if players wanted to do this, why not bring only one Pokemon with them? … in order to remove the need for the off switch, why not allow them to change their team anywhere and at any time? This way, if they only want to have one Pokemon at their side and focus on leveling it up, they can; otherwise they can have a full team, training them all at once and thus having an easier time. So, rather than focusing on Exp. Share, we concentrated on team composition.”

They need to get their PR/marketing team to be there with them during all interviews, anytime a question like this comes their PR guy can tell them to change the subject.

I was reading their comments about how excited they were for people to see how the camera in the game works and it just occurred to me that they are really out of touch if something as basic and standard as that is what they are striving for.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@Galenmereth
Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee looks pretty to me with its glossy effect. 😁
It looks more cartoonish, perfect for my taste.

Anti-Matter

Harmonie

Ralizah wrote:

I actually was curious what in the world brought them to think that removing the option to turn off Exp All was logical at all.

I knew it couldn't be anything logical. And I was correct. Also being able to switch Pokemon out to boxes to keep one out for training isn't a good alternative. Yes, it is there. But it is MUCH more inconvenient compared to just being able to not have Exp All on. I don't think I even need to explain why.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Ralizah

@Galenmereth I'm aware. I just wished to make a bigger contrast between the two Switch titles.

Still disagree, though. Pokemon in SuMo look good, but they're way more striking in SwSh.

In general, with the new HD graphics and changes to the lighting, I feel like this is the first time GF has hit on a totally successful visual style for the series. Pokemon look great. Humans look great. Environments (so far) look great. The animations could use some work, but otherwise, I'm digging the game's approach to visual design.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic