Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,007

Gravitron

@SViper I always pick the girl because I'm a long haired man and they havent had an option for long hair in any game for the male characters. The closest thing was the corn rows from SuMo

Gravitron

Snaplocket

@Gravitron Why don't the games let us select long haired male characters? Granted, I always play as a girl when given the option, but still.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

SViper

@Gravitron roger that. My reason this time why I will pick a Female is that I dress female clothes in real life, so we never had any feminine clothes in Pokémon for Males. But nice to see that there is others with real life reasons why they pick opposite gender then they are in real life.

SViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

link3710

@Heavyarms55 I agree that they wouldn't do it. But while Gen IV will probably be allowed to shine (430 or so Pokemon should be fine), Gen V has too many Pokemon and content for them to want to remake it. A proper Gen V remake would put the modern games to shame, so it'll never happen.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@link3710 I don't think that's remotely accurate or fair. Unless you have an early copy of the game and know a lot more than even what's been leaked.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

link3710

@Heavyarms55 I'm just going based off of GameFreak's statements over the last few years. They want no more post-game, they want to cut back the number of Pokemon way below BW levels, and they have no interest in appealing to the hardcore crowd. Gen V is the absolute antithesis of what they want Pokemon to be about now, and to bring it back would only distract from what they want people to think about Pokemon.

link3710

Gravitron

@SViper ya that makes sense, the girls get the cooler stuff anyways. Also props on Ampharos he's one of my favorites.

@Snaplocket If they add long hair for the Male I'll probably switch but I just don't see it happening. Even though one of the most popular characters in the entire anime is a long haired man(James)

Gravitron

Heavyarms55

@link3710 I'm not really sure where you are getting that impression. It seems very clear from their recent changes that they want to make competitive play much more accessible. Further I got the impression that with BW they learned that quantity over quality isn't the way to go. So many Pokemon in BW were basically just made to replace older Pokemon in the same role. Patrat was a Rattata, for example.

Actually thinking about it, I guess I can kinda see where you get that impression, but that's not what I took away from it.

Feel free to add me

Justifier

I like that they made getting competitive pokemon easier. Because many people were just lazy and got their teams by hacking and not by hard work.

Soldiers does not judge. Soldiers delivers judgement.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

BlackTalon2

competitive just got messed up again, if you go by the leaks, a few of the new pokemon and the legendaries will be S tier, according to the leaked stats. namely, dragapult, barraskewda in rain, zacian, zamazenta and eternatus. and from what i have seen, so is hatterene.

it should not be that hard to make a balanced pokemon. they have done it before. i think gamefreak deliberately makes some pokemon OP, just to make them popular, to sell merchandise.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Justifier

@BlackTalon2
Well, they already banned legendaries (and some more) from the first online battle competition.

Soldiers does not judge. Soldiers delivers judgement.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 @Heavyarms55 If we go by the current pattern with the traditional remakes, Gen 5 wouldn't be until the Switch's successor which may not even be a hybrid. I'd like for the Switch's successor to be the Switch 2 but Nintendo's way too unpredictable for that to be anywhere near a certainty.

Even then that's assuming we're even getting anymore traditional remakes, we could just be getting Gen 1-3 repeatedly in different ways like how SEGA mostly ignores their classics that aren't on the Genesis/Mega Drive.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

BlackTalon2 wrote:

competitive just got messed up again, if you go by the leaks, a few of the new pokemon and the legendaries will be S tier, according to the leaked stats. namely, dragapult, barraskewda in rain, zacian, zamazenta and eternatus. and from what i have seen, so is hatterene.

it should not be that hard to make a balanced pokemon. they have done it before. i think gamefreak deliberately makes some pokemon OP, just to make them popular, to sell merchandise.

I always thought they make Pokémon cutesy to sell mech, I never see Garchomp plushies for example but there's plushies for the starters, petite event legendary etc.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano That's possible. It's also possible that they might just stop with remakes for a while. I don't think it likely, but it's possible.

Personally rather than a remake of gen 4 or gen 5, I'd just like to go back to Sinnoh and Unova with a new adventure. Only Kanto in G/S/C and Unova in BW2 have been returns to the same region as opposed to remakes.

Feel free to add me

Silly_G

@Heavyarms55 : I don't know. I think Let's Go Gen II is extremely likely for next year. They already had all of the Kanto groundwork sorted out for them with the first Let's Go game (which will be used as post-game content for the Gen II remakes).

But a full-scale Gen IV remake after that I think might be overkill, but it wouldn't surprise me either. By the time late 2021 rolls around, it would have been 14 years since playing Pokémon Pearl, and in late 2022, they will most likely launch Gen IX.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Heavyarms55

@Silly_G I don't know. I think it's still up in the air whether we get another Let's Go title. Yes it sold well, but I still feel like that was more GF trying to learn how to make a game on Switch and get paid for it. I'd only guess a 60/40 chance for the Let's Go Johto. (and if they don't call it that, someone deserves to be demoted! I'm still salty that Splatoon 2 wasn't Splatwoon!)

Feel free to add me

link3710

I'll just say that I think my problem is I live in the middle ground. I don't actually compare about trying to be the best in competitive online play, I just like end game challenges like PWT/Frontier/sorta Maison, as well as the exploration aspects of the post-game.

link3710

Heavyarms55

Well we've only heard vague things about the post game, some leaks contradicting, if more recent rumors are to be believed, the leaker was caught and it seems leaks have largely stopped. We don't know for sure what the post game in Sw/Sh will entail and probably wont until next week, unless someone else gets the game early.

Feel free to add me

redd214

Go save some $$ guys, it'll help some of your grumpiness lol

redd214

Snaplocket

So, the game comes out in a week. Anyone willing to guess the review scores? I'm guessing in the 80s to 90s range but for all the wrong reasons.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic