Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,716

-Green-

Psychic’s always been a sort of anything goes type of thing. So I’m not too surprised.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Venus_Adept

@StableInvadeel I dont care about dexit, or tree's textures or static wingulls at all. But if Galar Ponyta does'nt evolve to a Fairy type i riot.

Venus_Adept

Gravitron

It would make too much sense for Rapidash to be Fire/Fairy or Fairy/Fire. Especially since either type combo has not been used yet.

Gravitron

Harmonie

@Gravitron No way it's going to lose its Psychic typing to be replaced by Fire and Fairy. Given the hint at the end of the stream that Rapidash will be a pegasus, it's possible to be Psychic/Flying. Although often there are Pokemon that can fly that aren't Flying, so who knows? I think that losing the Psychic typing is off the table, though.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Gravitron

@Harmonie ooh good point. And it makes a lot of sense. It's a toss up between Psychic/Fairy or Psychic/Flying. Depends on if Rapidash has wings at that point

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

SViper

@Harmonie Galarian Ponyta has a horn, so when it will evolve to Rapidash it probably keep a horn. And if it gets wings as well then the horse creature with horn and wings are known as Alicorn, because Pegasus doesn't have a horn.

SViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Jarester

will pokemon sword/shield need online for any reason?

Jarester

BlackTalon2

psychic would be better, fairy type is too OP, fairy type is the new dragon type. either way though, sirfetched is at a disadvantage, especialy if it gets flying as a secondary type.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

Jarester

StableInvadeel wrote:

Have you never played one of these games?

You can battle and trade pokemon online with other players.

Other modes may be available, but we simply don't know yet.

ok.

I got pokemon Go but it was lame cause I played already though I think its better than the original in lots of ways

Edited on by Jarester

Jarester

Snaplocket

Galarian Ponyta not being Fairy-type is a huge missed opportunity, given what a perfect fit that would be for a unicorn. The design of the Pokemon itself is nice though.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

darkswabber

Seems no one here knows why Galarian ponyta is psychic instead of fairy.
Let me explain, in british/arthurian folklore unicorns heal poison, fairy types are weak to poison types, poison types are weak to psychic types.

Now it makes sense right? 😂

darkswabber

Twitter:

Snaplocket

@darkswabber Actually Psychic was meant to be weak to poison in Gen I (it's a common fear) but it was strong against it due to a coding error. I wonder why that wasn't fixed.

DarthNocturnal

They added Dark (super effective when attacking and immune when defending) and Steel (resists when defending) type in Gen II, and Ghost type moves were made super effective against Psychic as well. Even if it was a bug (I've never heard anything about that), it would've been kinda redundant.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Snaplocket

@DarthNocturnal Gen 1 was loaded with bugs and the only ghost types were part poison, it's just a little deductive reasoning.

DarthNocturnal

They did indeed have bugs... but said bugs have been well documented. This is the first I've heard of this. Did a Game Freak dev confirm this?

Obviously they couldn't patch the original games (not even Japanese Blue or any Yellow release, as compatibility had to be maintained), but considering what all they changed in Gen II... seems like a bit much to “fix“ a bug. And this is after they made adjustments to other types in Gen II, so it clearly wouldn't have been hard to do. At best, we're looking at an “ascended“ glitch.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic