Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 3,072

Gravitron

@StableInvadeel Ya of course I know about Rhyperior. I'm just saying Rhydon proper should have a much greater legacy.

Gravitron

link3710

I think what's worst about gen 1 pandering is it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more they focus solely on gen 1, the more kids grow up with it, the more it becomes about gen 1. We've now had Kanto explorable 5 separate times, compared to twice at most for every other region (with Kalos and Alola only at once).

link3710

Gravitron

@link3710 Gen 1 kids are 30 now. I'm part of that. For me I really want to see Gen 2 and 4 get some love. They are the most neglected generations for me

Gravitron

Sisilly_G

link3710 wrote:

We've now had Kanto explorable 5 separate times, compared to twice at most for every other region (with Kalos and Alola only at once).

Um, since when had Sinnoh appeared more than once? Sinnoh had only ever appeared in Gen IV (unless I am mistaken, in which case, do correct me). My guess is that a Gen IV remake (with the Sword/Shield engine) will follow in 2021, while a Gen II Let's Go game is very likely for late next year, which would make sense as they can recycle the Kanto content/assets from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee (hopefully without imposing the memory-based limitations of the Game Boy games on a modern console game like they very stupidly did for HG/SS!) and it would be a relatively cheap game to produce (and boy, do we know how frugal Game Freak/TPC are!).

I would prefer a full reimagining of Johto, but I am not optimistic given the franchise's track record, and we'll wind up with just another approximation of the GBC games in 3D. I just hope that the two mascots that they select will be more inspired. I know the odds of having Let's Go Dunsparce and/or Porygon2 and/or Slowking are virtually slim to nil, but a man can dream. My more "safe" preferences would be Togepi/Ledyba (both would need bolstered movesets to compensate for their awful base stats), though I predict that Marill/Snubbull would be the most likely candidates. Let's Go Politoed would also be great.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Heavyarms55

I absolute agree about wanting gen 2-4 to get more love, and I would extend that to gen 5 now that we are in gen 8.

I'm glad the recent announcements for Sw/Sh were pretty minor, I'm looking forward to actually being surprised a little when I play the games. It'll be cool that, for the first time in years, a Pokemon might pop up and I'll say "Whoa! What is that?!"

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

@Silly_G You're right, I totally blanked Sinnoh for some reason.

link3710

Venus_Adept

People are bashing on Game Freak for the Kanto pandering and most specifically Charizard pandering (i'm not ok with that neither). But in the r/pokemon poll for your favourite pokemon, guess who won the first place?

Venus_Adept

Gravitron

@Venus_Adept I straight up said I love Charizard but it's just too much. I'm surprised people dont complain about the oversaturation of Pikachu more though. My question is would the Pokemon company get more complaints about no Charizard or too much Charizard?

Gravitron

Anti-Matter

And then the newbie players will be shocked to realized if they suddenly facing with level 90+ Pokemons while their Pokemons still underleveled. 😮

Anti-Matter

Eel

those newbies will then learn to avoid the pokemon they can't handle.

Or getting a pokemon with 100% chances of running away.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

Two good pieces of news today. Overleveled Pokemon are great, means the wild area won't stop being a place to visit and gives you something to strive for. Plus, an area the size of two regions in BotW sounds like the sweet spot in terms of size for a game that's still got plenty of towns and classic routes.

As for the Charizard poll? Yeah he's popular (probably in my top... 30 maybe?) but overexposure is still a thing. Pikachu's always been overexposed so people have learned to live with it, but Charizard has only been getting it since Gen VI really. The only major thing happening with Charizard prior to that post-Johto was Smash, and even then it was with the other two starters getting equal billing.

link3710

Venus_Adept

@Gravitron Yeah i'm agree with you. But the way TPC sees it is probably, "Oh look, people love Charizard,
let's give them more of that", after all they want the easy money of merch and stuff. In other notes i would love to see some love for Chikorita and the rest of the Johto gang.

Venus_Adept

Gravitron

@Venus_Adept The Johto starters are severely neglected. It's a real shame because I think they are some of the best designed starters in the entire franchise.

Gravitron

Justifier

I love gen2 but the starters.. not so much. Cyndaquil I like, but the other two? Meh.

I am still waiting that Scyther/Scizor will be revealed on Sword/Shield.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Venus_Adept

Today Lotad line was confirmed, i'm a happy man!!!

Venus_Adept

Gravitron

I would love to see Tropius make it in. Tropius is far and above my favorite 1 stage pokemon.

Gravitron

-Green-

Yeah, besides the previewers only got about 2 hours with the games. They’re definitely gonna talk about what stood out to them the most. The Wild Area, the high level pokemon. Stuff like that is what stood out and surprised them. So they mentioned it

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Heavyarms55

There's no pleasing people. If they had said that the wild area was gonna be a small thing, people would be complaining. They say it's gonna be large, and probably mostly the same people are still complaining. Because they have already decided the game is terrible without ever playing it themselves. Reminds me of what happened when Sword Art Online first came out as an anime. It got really popular, then a whole bunch of people had a blast dumping on it, everywhere, and at every chance they had - despite many of them having never watched the show for themselves. It's become popular to dump on Sw/Sh.

Now me, both what Alex said in his video, and what I've been reading about the game itself, I think it looks great! I'm glad the wild area (is that actually the name, or just what we're calling it?) is something we can jump into fairly early on. It gives me hope that we can get more interesting Pokemon earlier in the game. I never like starting off with just the basic normal, flying and bug types traditionally on routes 1 and 2. Even back in Red and Blue I usually would hold off on catching new team members until like, the 3rd gym.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic